Tonari no Kuuderera o Amayakashitara, Uchi no Aikagi o Watasu Koto ni Natta - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
The biggest problems I see in some of these adaptations is just walls of useless text. Too much writing because novel authors can't get out of the habit of writing too many words when a few will do.

Still a good enough manga but I find myself skim reading a lot.
I do wonder how much influence do novel authors have compared to the mangaka on novel-to-manga adaptations,
because to me, some adaptations look like the mangaka only need approval from the authors, and then they just go ahead with their own interpretation,

I mean, if you look in Bakuman, there are authors who only provide the written scripts, and there are those who even sketch the "name"

Dex-chan lover
It's weird when a MC tells the FemMC to keep their relationship a secret. So what if rumors spread around? Circumstances aside, they both enjoy each other's company, so may as well make school time enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder how much influence do novel authors have compared to the mangaka on novel-to-manga adaptations,
because to me, some adaptations look like the mangaka only need approval from the authors, and then they just go ahead with their own interpretation,

I mean, if you look in Bakuman, there are authors who only provide the written scripts, and there are those who even sketch the "name"
Yeah I think its a case by case basis.

Dex-chan lover
"Keep our friendship a secret" meanwhile there's that volume 3 cover sitting there in the main page. And speaking of that, that's a hell of a cover for a released volume of a manga that isn't marked as being completed by that volume. There has to be context to it besides the obvious interpretstion, but it raises questions

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Blatantly cinnamon.
image.png
image.png

Dex-chan lover
"Keep our friendship a secret" meanwhile there's that volume 3 cover sitting there in the main page. And speaking of that, that's a helping a cover for a released volume of a manga that isn't marked as being completed by that volume. There has to be context to it besides the obvious interpretstion, but it raises questions
I thought about it myself, and my best grasp of a guess (having not read the source material) is a photo shoot -- that's a common enough scenario.

Supporter
The biggest problems I see in some of these adaptations is just walls of useless text. Too much writing because novel authors can't get out of the habit of writing too many words when a few will do.

What makes it worse for me is wall of texts of a manga i've already read, due to the blatantly similarities even on "chapter events" to Otonari tenshi it gets extra tiring seeing "the same" relationship unfold with "the same" events making it progress
Like i wish this would try to be different but no, secret relationship, cold MC that acts like a "chad", next door, melting the ice queen's heart
Every event is the same (and on top of a 40 page chapter of wall text) it it gets REALLY TIRING for me

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, Naomi and Yui sure did have quite the cute cafe date! It's their first memory of eating out together, Yui was right to make a picture of Naomi too! And that Watalappam looks delicious, now I want to try it too. That picture of Naomi and Watalappam is gonna be something she'll treasure for the rest of her life...

Recontextualizing their situation to make it seem that Naomi and Yui having a secret relationship is good for both of them is something I really like. Naomi doesn't want Yui to feel stressed and thus not smile, so he's asking her to do something for him, so she feels she's doing something good for him. I like that idea!

I wonder what's next for this couple (of friends)?

Dex-chan lover
"Keep our friendship a secret" meanwhile there's that volume 3 cover sitting there in the main page. And speaking of that, that's a hell of a cover for a released volume of a manga that isn't marked as being completed by that volume. There has to be context to it besides the obvious interpretstion, but it raises questions
It just a photoshoot. basically the model for the wedding dress have some problem and late, so Yui become emergency model

In chapter 1 it already shown that Naomi and Yui is working part time in their school church, and that church is opened for public activity

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In chapter 1 it already shown that Naomi and Yui is working part time in their school church, and that church is opened for public activity
Ah yes, the church where just non-nonchalantly moving Easter to accommodate other school activities is perfectly normal. :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Soooo precious and sooo . . . . Soooo . . . . Sooo fluffin cute!!! I cant!! Time for my daily dose of insulin

Dex-chan lover
I love this series. It just feels good. That's what you need from time to time.

Aggregator gang

Yeah I find that to especially when talking about food can get to detail heavy into that. What I found is most mangaka aren't able to write a standard parent character for any of their main characters

Dex-chan lover
Yui misunderstanding and taking photo of Naomi was kinda cute XD
That's kind of the plot of most of the chapters. Just switch what the misunderstanding is about.

Yeah I went to catholic school and no way that would happen
"We're so busy this Christmas, so let's just move the celebrations to mid-January. I'm sure no true Catholic would mind."

I'm an Agnostic from a Protestant -> Atheist country and I still think that's such a face palm. It's like sitting down, putting your feet on the table, shoes still on, and pretending that's acceptable Japanese behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread