Tonari no Neko to Koi Shirazu - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.5 - Vol.2 Extras

Double-page supporter
The people trying to defend this dude is outright hilarious if I had to put it nicely.
Like people said, he was never here for the cats, he came with the motive to talk to the girl. Which okay.. is not that bad but he's hiding that motive by lying that he likes the cats and trying to make moves on the girl. That's already bad sign #1. Second, he's not even attempting to get interested with hers (the cats) and instead just straight up hitting her (as roundabout as he can) which means that he's not even trying to truly get to know her and treating her like an object of affection rather than an individual. It's a cafe mister, not a club. Now here's the part where it goes to destroying boundaries. He finds their time table and takes a picture of the schedule. He doesn't ask her but tries to take a picture of it so he can find out her schedule and from how he goes about it, it will lead to stalking because he's trying to meet her outside of it. Without her knowledge and especially without her consent.
Now putting it into this perspective, do you guys truly not find this creepy? He's literally stalking her (or at least developing into it). This guy didn't even attempt to try talking to Nekozane and is literally observing her every movement. That's flat out stalking and to add the cherry on top, he's a fking university student who's engaging in these behaviors.
Momo is totally in the right to confront this guy (and privately too) and call out (or subtly imply in her method) these behaviors. Because he's not a customer you guys want (which is to enjoy the cats as that's what cat cafes are fore) Thank you Momo! She really is one of the better protective friend archetype because she truly is watching out for Nekozane's back. (And she really hasn't truly done any bad to Seno and was observing him, which is honestly okay because she wants her friend to be safe at the end. And this dude here is a complete landmine.)

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
By the way, if you guys want a legitimately horrible protective friend (and potential lesbian), then let me introduce you Kujou Ikuno from Binetsu Kukan. She literally went from overprotective to jealous psychotic lesbian and let me tell you, it's so fking hard to read the otherwise fluffy manga because of this girl. (and the guy who was supposed to be her brake isn't stopping this lunatic).
So stop attacking Momo (or Usagihara) because she really is one of the best depictions of a protective friend who's looking out for her, and previous chapters shows she's observant and actually pays attention to the guy (giving the right judgement towards Seno from beginning to end) and slowly accepts him. She's not deluded and clouded by her friendship with Nekozane like other girls. You're aiming it at the wrong character! Send all your dislike to characters who are actually like Ikuno

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro is borderline stalking by trying to snap a picture of their schedule. I'd be pissed too if I saw that, even if I was just another customer.
You would not survive the age before cellphones. Shit like this is common. Hell, its common today. I want to catch the cute chick working at the Panera when I go in. Of course ill figure out her schedule.

Supporter
By the way, if you guys want a legitimately horrible protective friend (and potential lesbian), then let me introduce you Kujou Ikuno from Binetsu Kukan. She literally went from overprotective to jealous psychotic lesbian and let me tell you, it's so fking hard to read the otherwise fluffy manga because of this girl. (and the guy who was supposed to be her brake isn't stopping this lunatic).
So stop attacking Momo (or Usagihara) because she really is one of the best depictions of a protective friend who's looking out for her, and previous chapters shows she's observant and actually pays attention to the guy (giving the right judgement towards Seno from beginning to end) and slowly accepts him. She's not deluded and clouded by her friendship with Nekozane like other girls. You're aiming it at the wrong character! Send all your dislike to characters who are actually like Ikuno
Amane is such a stuck-up wishy-washy mess in that series to begin with, i almost don't notice side characters slowing things down at all. And let's not forget Momo darn near traumatized our boy the same way she did Nanpa-kun here for far less reason.

Dex-chan lover
Lol the author created a creep character to show how the friend protect Nekosake from them. We have an entire chapter showing how she accepts the MC more because she realizes he is different, that's the point

Don't try to relate and defend the college guy trying to date a high school girl, if you want a good guy you should try to relate, the MC is literally there

Dex-chan lover
You would not survive the age before cellphones. Shit like this is common. Hell, its common today. I want to catch the cute chick working at the Panera when I go in. Of course ill figure out her schedule.
That’s called being a stalker bro. When you gotta corner a girl (who is just trying to do her job) with your unwanted advances, that makes you a stalker and a creep.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That’s called being a stalker bro. When you gotta corner a girl (who is just trying to do her job) with your unwanted advances, that makes you a stalker and a creep.
Gee, I wonder how you ask a girl out when its unwanted at her job. You dont have a clue do you. Yeah, typically you will stalk someone you're interested in. This has been done before cell phones. Ask anyone in the old generation. Bunch of Gen z incels here.

Dex-chan lover
Gee, I wonder how you ask a girl out when its unwanted at her job. You dont have a clue do you. Yeah, typically you will stalk someone you're interested in. This has been done before cell phones. Ask anyone in the old generation. Bunch of Gen z incels here.
That’s called being a creep, bro. Appropriate time, place, occasion. Have some manners and respect for people, no one wants to be creeped on at a place they want to feel safe at and depend on for their livelihood. Also LOL @ pulling the age card. I can assure you I’m probably older than you and can guarantee that this kind of stalking behaviour made you a creep back in the 80’s and 90’s as much as it does now.

Dex-chan lover
But is it fair to call him a creep??? How are guys supposed to get dates??? By not talking???

Most women expect guys to ask them out... it's not like he was actually doing anything bad...

Maybe the only issue is that he didn't ask her out and tried to take a picture of the schedule....

It's mainly because there are bad people doing the same thing, so the decent people just trying to get closer to a girl are also being labeled as creeps...
It's exactly because he took a picture of the schedule. That's stalker behavior. If she had offered him her schedule to know when to show up, that would be one thing. He, however, isn't making an effort to actually talk to her like a normal person, but to always be there when she is, learning her work hours without her consent. There are ways to get closer to a person while being respectful of boundaries, and if you break those boundaries, you're a creep.

Dex-chan lover
1. I lived in the age before brick phones.
2. You seriously can't read what you said and see how messed up you sound?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bro, if it's unwanted, that's your cue to back the fuck off. If they're not interested, move on. You call everyone else incels when that is the most basic "nice guy" incel behavior you're exhibiting.

Dex-chan lover
But let me ask you this, if it weren't for the real creeps, the actual dangerous people out there, would we be bothered by people acting like this???

Or is this attitude of viewing this kinda act as creepy due to the fact that we associate this behavior with the dangerous people???
Are you completely fucking deranged?

Dex-chan lover
Are you completely fucking deranged?
No I'm not.

I'm just pointing out that much of the stuff we find creepy isn't due to the action itself but because of the fact that many deranged people do such actions...

And because we know of so many such cases, we know judge the action itself as bad...

Many of the things we now view as wrong aren't things we naturally viewed as wrong as a culture but viewed as wrong because we got information about the creeps that did the same actions...

Right now, this dude is probably just more awkward than actually bad. His intentions so far don't seem bad.... just done kinda wrong....

A shy desperate teen will share many similarities with an actual dangerous stalker, which is why their actions are often considered creepy.... not because they themselves are dangerous, but because many dangerous people did the same actions...

Dex-chan lover
No I'm not.

I'm just pointing out that much of the stuff we find creepy isn't due to the action itself but because of the fact that many deranged people do such actions...

And because we know of so many such cases, we know judge the action itself as bad...

Many of the things we now view as wrong aren't things we naturally viewed as wrong as a culture but viewed as wrong because we got information about the creeps that did the same actions...

Right now, this dude is probably just more awkward than actually bad. His intentions so far don't seem bad.... just done kinda wrong....

A shy desperate teen will share many similarities with an actual dangerous stalker, which is why their actions are often considered creepy.... not because they themselves are dangerous, but because many dangerous people did the same actions...
You’re either delusional or projecting if you actually think a stalker can be compared to an awkward teen. The entire chapter is about as deep as a puddle of a water with the weird university student taking pictures of a work schedule in order to flirt with a highschooler being chased off by the protective friend.

At this rate if you started to argue about the age of consent it wouldn’t even shock me.

Dex-chan lover
You’re either delusional or projecting if you actually think a stalker can be compared to an awkward teen. The entire chapter is about as deep as a puddle of a water with the weird university student taking pictures of a work schedule in order to flirt with a highschooler being chased off by the protective friend.

At this rate if you started to argue about the age of consent it wouldn’t even shock me.
But it's true that many of the acts of stalkers that creep people out are due to the actual dangerous people...

That's my point.

Basically, it's less defending him (not saying it's okay) and more saying he's not as bad as people think.

It's less "he's okay" and more "you are making him out worse than he is"

He's not actually that much older than her... he's a young kid himself and she's a beautiful girl...

And while his actions are viewed as creepy, his intent is just to go out with her... he's not trying to actually do anything bad...

He's just going about it wrong.

He shouldn't have taken a picture of the schedule but instead talked to her...

Dex-chan lover
But it's true that many of the acts of stalkers that creep people out are due to the actual dangerous people...

That's my point.

Basically, it's less defending him (not saying it's okay) and more saying he's not as bad as people think.

It's less "he's okay" and more "you are making him out worse than he is"

He's not actually that much older than her... he's a young kid himself and she's a beautiful girl...

And while his actions are viewed as creepy, his intent is just to go out with her... he's not trying to actually do anything bad...

He's just going about it wrong.

He shouldn't have taken a picture of the schedule but instead talked to her...
my guy she is 15 years old and he's probably 19 or 20. 4 or 5 years might not sound like much once you're in your mid 20s but that's 33% of her entire life and for a decent chunk of that she would have barely had a functional brain.

Users who are viewing this thread