Tonari no Seki no Satou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - The Happy Ending for Satou-san and Me

Dex-chan lover
I like that Satou is dense and the MC is sharp and like to >imply everything, unlike 99.99999999 percent manga with its dense virgin protag holy shit

Contributor
@Istvan90623
I thought you were exaggerating, but then I glanced at the comments on the Koi Inu main page, and damn.
That manga sounds like a trainwreck, and not even the "so bad it's ironically enjoyable" kind.
https://mangadex.org/title/15434/koi-inu

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz No i didn't. I was following it, and calling it a trainwreck is an understatement. It's like a trains wrecks into a cruisier, then a plane drops down on them while a truck drives into it, and then it gets hit by a nuclear missle.

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler:
Satou doesn't love Yamaguchi yet on this chapter.

Also a bit spoiler:
The web novel also covers their life after they both have graduated.

Censored hand holding in that end page, good job. Cant let such lewd acts be seen by the reader

Dex-chan lover
@Istvan90623 Every chapter I read I hated the characters more and more but I just felt so invested. Sunk cost fallacy. I wish instead I had taken up something more useful, like starting a heroin habit.

Dex-chan lover
This has been quite enjoyable. I personally prefer that Satou's unknown email exchange partner did remain a faceless obstacle because it removes the feeling of a triangle. I don't much like love polygons; other kinds of obstacles are more to my liking. This was basically a simple story of Yamaguchi needing to win over Satou, after an initial troubles and a negative attitude. It's jolly good.

Dex-chan lover
I have to appreciate how well-paced this manga is. Absolutely amazing

Dex-chan lover
This kinda felt like a final chapter (title didn't helped), good to know there's still a bit more.

Pretty nice to see how straigthforward MC became after realizing his feelings.

Fed-Kun's army
@Variousletters

Grooming involves normalization of illegal behavior. It's basically gaslighting something illegal as something legitimate but secretive., "just between us two."

Telling someone you like her and acting on it is called courting. Kind of old fashioned, but it has been the method men have used to woo women for ages.

@variousletters
He's just being persistent with a girl with whom he already made his intentions clear. I don't think I've ever heard of grooming someone the same age as you. That term is almost exclusively used to describe an older adult victimizing an impressionable minor.

Dex-chan lover
While I'm glad that MC has realized his feelings, is honest and open about it, and still made his intentions clear, I can't get rid of the vibes that the last two chapters he felt kind of … manipulative? I'm sure he didn't intend to and it's nothing malicious, but it still feels a bit off seeing it played against the clearly naive Satou. He's basically got her dancing on his palm. I don't like that.

But eh, just a personal opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread