Tonari no Seki no Yatsu ga Souiu Me de Mitekuru - Ch. 17 - That Way Of Looking

Dex-chan lover
Ha, they were subverting bad communication by having the two of them express their feelings pretty well, and they subverted the “dense guy who doesn’t take a hint” by having him take the hints correctly, and then they still twisted it at the end by having the problem be her own self worth.
Well, liking each other is one thing, but getting intimate is another.
She did express her feeling, but didn't consent to a kiss; it was his fault to take it for granted that she likes him meant he could kiss her AND proceeded to play it off as a joke. I'm totally fine with this misunderstanding; it even made a good point about consent, really.

Dex-chan lover
Yes if they are going to keep doing it i'll stop, yes their translation is much better specially because they have real redrawers that use pens and are actualy talented (i use a mouse lol). Not only that but their tysetting is a lot more consistent. Mine has inconsistent sizes all around and a lot of it is uncentered because i barely know how to center text properly. Also they have a really good eye for making the text look nice, while mine is a lot more sloppy without consistency a lot of the times (again). Once again i only did this as an afterthought and never meant to discourage the group
I love the way you’ve handled what could be misconstrued as a rude sniping into what you actually did which was help everyone out. I vote for you to get us caught up to the raws then let ravengate pick up from there. We know sniping isn’t great but I think you’re doing a service to the readers here and also if communication is open, you’re helping ravengate out so that they don’t have the pressure of getting caught up on top of exams.

Dex-chan lover
Well, liking each other is one thing, but getting intimate is another.
She did express her feeling, but didn't consent to a kiss; it was his fault to take it for granted that she likes him meant he could kiss her AND proceeded to play it off as a joke. I'm totally fine with this misunderstanding; it even made a good point about consent, really.
I understand what you're saying and agree with you generally, but it's worth noting that he didn't just full tilt kiss her without her consent. Kissing is a two person act, and usually, you'll lean part of the way in and allow the other person to meet you, which 100% seemed like what he was doing. She was startled because she wasn't expecting it, not because he did anything inherently wrong.

You can even see her almost kind of regret her reaction afterwards and start to say something, but he cuts her off.

Dex-chan lover
I understand what you're saying and agree with you generally, but it's worth noting that he didn't just full tilt kiss her without her consent. Kissing is a two person act, and usually, you'll lean part of the way in and allow the other person to meet you, which 100% seemed like what he was doing. She was startled because she wasn't expecting it, not because he did anything inherently wrong.

You can even see her almost kind of regret her reaction afterwards and start to say something, but he cuts her off.
Points taken. I might have strayed off too far from what happened in the story and commented on the topic in general myself; which is a bit uncalled for in retrospect. I'd say the worst part of it all it he proceeded to play it off as a joke that led to this whole misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
when they were already being honest to each other, there are still misunderstanding in the end

Group Leader
they are 3 chapters behind, it doesn't take that long to tl 8 pages a chapter so i just assumed it was dropped. i'll just catch up in the next 3 days or so and if they come back i'll leave it, but they are taking so long
I don't mean to sound like an ass, mate, but you could have just dmed me(group leader) on discord. We all have lives, the raws release weekly, we release roughly weekly, so I'm not sure how you could have figured we'd dropped it...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If you don't care about quality then yeah it doesn't take long to do a chapter

Users who are viewing this thread