Tonari no Seki no Yatsu ga Souiu Me de Mitekuru - Ch. 17 - That Way Of Looking

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I knew there was too much progress. Time for a misunderstanding to drag things out.
I know this is oot. But please dont have a Saranami kind of plot twist. Just have a fluff misunderstanding that doesnt drag on for too long :haa:

Dex-chan lover
they are 3 chapters behind, it doesn't take that long to tl 8 pages a chapter so i just assumed it was dropped. i'll just catch up in the next 3 days or so and if they come back i'll leave it, but they are taking so long
So that's why it no group this time.

Bro really telling us "you can't wait for people give something you want"

Dex-chan lover
So after releasing first 8 chapters for 8 days, and then releasing a weekly release with full efforts.... Just because I got a little busy since its the academic time.... This is the snipe that we got.... Huh? Surprisingly am not disappointed at all readers all care about speed nowadays
Nah, quality is very important. If this release were subpar, this thread would be full of complaints. It seems to be comparable quality though.

Personally I think if someone is stepping in to catch up (and doing an okay job), the best result would be for the original TL to just continue on from after that. But it seems like this almost never happens, like some sort of not-invented-here syndrome. Of course, if the snipe translation really bungles something, that's another matter.

Dex-chan lover
So after releasing first 8 chapters for 8 days, and then releasing a weekly release with full efforts.... Just because I got a little busy since its the academic time.... This is the snipe that we got.... Huh? Surprisingly am not disappointed at all readers all care about speed nowadays
We are thankful for your work. I'll be honest, I didn't even notice it was a snipe until I read this message.
The guy who made this version, choosing whatever justifications they want, is a reflection of what they think or want, not what everyone else does.

Please, treat your efforts with kindness, affection and pride; because those are all things you earned through simply wanting to share them with an audience.

Dex-chan lover
Why don’t you communicate with a last page saying hey guys I’m going to be busy with school delays are going to happen people can’t mind read

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, he doesn't want anyone else to look at me lewdly but he doesn't like me at all but of course..... :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
they are 3 chapters behind, it doesn't take that long to tl 8 pages a chapter so i just assumed it was dropped. i'll just catch up in the next 3 days or so and if they come back i'll leave it, but they are taking so long
Funnily enough, I would sort of understand where you're going if you just left it as "it doesn't take that long" but assuming it was dropped when THIS is the past release timeline is just unreasonable.

Gt0psRD.png

Dex-chan lover
i don't think it's fair to make people wait an entire week when doing 8 pages per chapter can be done in 6 hours, but if you're gonna keep going i have no reason to keep scanlating

Group Leader
Why don’t you communicate with a last page saying hey guys I’m going to be busy with school delays are going to happen people can’t mind read
...Do u know discord exists? I don't think that place exist just for nothing? Also there exists a recruitment section in every group, so if anyone thinks they have the capability to speedrun the chapters they could help out too, y'know? Sniping basically broke down the morale of whole group when we're consistent enough that I was doing a weekly release. Also as for people saying that quality is comparable, may I know what standards are you using for that? Bud didn't even bother to clean SFX, used basic fonting... Even no PR. Also "They were 3 chapters behind so I thought they dropped it" amazing...

Dex-chan lover
In page 7, Ikezawa saying 「やりました」would probably translate better to "I done did it now" or "I screwed up" or something like that. I personally prefer the former. In the 1st text bubble in the 2nd panel on that page would be "I mean, that's just saying she likes me isn't it?!" or something. By 「あんなの」(or "that") he's referring to what Eguchi said before the fumbled kiss.

Also yeah, you sniping? Not that I'm complaining, but I do think you should talk it over with @love09 . I just don't want any scanlator drama leading to this series not getting translated.
*edit: typo. Typing is hard :nyoron:
noted, I agree, I'll change it soon. thanks for your help.

Group Leader
i don't think it's fair to make people wait an entire week when doing 8 pages per chapter can be done in 6 hours, but if you're gonna keep going i have no reason to keep scanlating
Sure.... Can u afford to spend 6 hours on scanlation (on something that doesn't even pay ) during exams?

Dex-chan lover
Sure.... Can u afford to spend 6 hours on scanlation (on something that doesn't even pay ) during exams?
yes i can, i have been doing it for the past months with kakunaru ue wa, alone.
...Do u know discord exists? I don't think that place exist just for nothing? Also there exists a recruitment section in every group, so if anyone thinks they have the capability to speedrun the chapters they could help out too, y'know? Sniping basically broke down the morale of whole group when we're consistent enough that I was doing a weekly release. Also as for people saying that quality is comparable, may I know what standards are you using for that? Bud didn't even bother to clean SFX, used basic fonting... Even no PR. Also "They were 3 chapters behind so I thought they dropped it" amazing...
a friend just told me there was a series that was behind 3 chapters and he asked me to translate it, I looked at it yesterday, read it and decided to do the next chapter because it's not that hard/doesn't take that long. I don't like scanlation groups because they are normaly a mess with way too many projects for the ammount of people in them. I didn't contact you because scanlating this was an unironic afterthought, and i saw it was taking a long time for something small so i thought it had been dropped. I don't have anything against you or your group, or your work and i agree it is higher quality but it is very slow, specialy for an entire group to take a week to typeset, redraw, and clean 8 pages of a chapter

Users who are viewing this thread