Tonari no Seki no Yatsu ga Souiu Me de Mitekuru - Ch. 17 - That Way Of Looking

Dex-chan lover
Also as for people saying that quality is comparable, may I know what standards are you using for that? Bud didn't even bother to clean SFX, used basic fonting... Even no PR. Also "They were 3 chapters behind so I thought they dropped it" amazing...

I just want to reassure you that we appreciate your quality. I said comparable not to mean that it was just as good, but that it's not an unacceptable effort. I think things like SFX are kind of an optional bonus; it's cool to do, but even a lot of professional translations don't clean those (perhaps out of respect of their artistic contribution to the scene).

It's hard for me to directly compare quality in this case since you haven't both done the same chapter yet. Maybe with that I'd go, "oh yeah, yours is way better and I didn't even realize what I missed the first time". But I know that your releases have been good quality, and I'd like to see yours going forward. What I meant about this one was that the translation wasn't confusing, it wasn't broken, the fonts were perfectly readable, the dialogue fit the bubbles and didn't have awkward line breaks. Those are the things that make a scanlation bad, and this one wasn't like that.

I agree that the "thought you dropped it" explanation was silly; I'm the one who pointed out it was an unnecessary snipe. I don't really care if you're behind the raw by a couple chapters if you're releasing regularly. Like how would I even realize? (I didn't, until now.)

I really don't want you to be demoralized; that's the thing that sucks about this community. Two people are passionate about the same thing, and instead of finding joy in that, they become irritated. Peterociclos said he'd stop if you're continuing, so maybe this was just some poor communication and doesn't need to escalate.

Dex-chan lover
Disappointing, but I guess I can suffer it since it's Ch. 17.

Where does it go now though? The gag-manga ends and we get some friends for each of them introduced? The tight focus (and tight fitting panties) of this series was one of its strong points.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to reassure you that we appreciate your quality. I said comparable not to mean that it was just as good, but that it's not an unacceptable effort. I think things like SFX are kind of an optional bonus; it's cool to do, but even a lot of professional translations don't clean those (perhaps out of respect of their artistic contribution to the scene).

It's hard for me to directly compare quality in this case since you haven't both done the same chapter yet. Maybe with that I'd go, "oh yeah, yours is way better and I didn't even realize what I missed the first time". But I know that your releases have been good quality, and I'd like to see yours going forward. What I meant about this one was that the translation wasn't confusing, it wasn't broken, the fonts were perfectly readable, the dialogue fit the bubbles and didn't have awkward line breaks. Those are the things that make a scanlation bad, and this one wasn't like that.

I agree that the "thought you dropped it" explanation was silly; I'm the one who pointed out it was an unnecessary snipe. I don't really care if you're behind the raw by a couple chapters if you're releasing regularly. Like how would I even realize? (I didn't, until now.)

I really don't want you to be demoralized; that's the thing that sucks about this community. Two people are passionate about the same thing, and instead of finding joy in that, they become irritated. Peterociclos said he'd stop if you're continuing, so maybe this was just some poor communication and doesn't need to escalate.
Yes if they are going to keep doing it i'll stop, yes their translation is much better specially because they have real redrawers that use pens and are actualy talented (i use a mouse lol). Not only that but their tysetting is a lot more consistent. Mine has inconsistent sizes all around and a lot of it is uncentered because i barely know how to center text properly. Also they have a really good eye for making the text look nice, while mine is a lot more sloppy without consistency a lot of the times (again). Once again i only did this as an afterthought and never meant to discourage the group

Dex-chan lover
...Do u know discord exists? I don't think that place exist just for nothing? Also there exists a recruitment section in every group, so if anyone thinks they have the capability to speedrun the chapters they could help out too, y'know? Sniping basically broke down the morale of whole group when we're consistent enough that I was doing a weekly release. Also as for people saying that quality is comparable, may I know what standards are you using for that? Bud didn't even bother to clean SFX, used basic fonting... Even no PR. Also "They were 3 chapters behind so I thought they dropped it" amazing...
You think everyone has discord and going to make a account it’s not hard to add a last page to tell people how busy and we all would understand and the person who translated would never do it

Dex-chan lover
Yes if they are going to keep doing it i'll stop, yes their translation is much better specially because they have real redrawers that use pens and are actualy talented (i use a mouse lol). Not only that but their tysetting is a lot more consistent. Mine has inconsistent sizes all around and a lot of it is uncentered because i barely know how to center text properly. Also they have a really good eye for making the text look nice, while mine is a lot more sloppy without consistency a lot of the times (again). Once again i only did this as an afterthought and never meant to discourage the group
continue this man ravengate be taking so damn long

Dex-chan lover
If they are going to do the job ok but they need to understand that they are able to add a last page to explain why they are going to delay so this misunderstanding doesn’t happen

Double-page supporter
You're very humble and we appreciate your effort to try keeping this manga updated. I myself didn't realized I was reading another group scanlations until I looked at the comments section. What I mean is that althought what you said may be true, casual readers do not really care about these technical details at all. I suggest you to find another work to scanlate, as your scanlations are good quality and fast/efficient.

Dex-chan lover
You're very humble and we appreciate your effort to try keeping this manga updated. I myself didn't realized I was reading another group scanlations until I looked at the comments section. What I mean is that althought what you said may be true, casual readers do not really care about these technical details at all. I suggest you to find another work to scanlate, as your scanlations are good quality and fast/efficient.
i already do kakunaru ue wa/ now that we draw, ever since it was droped by kanjut scanlator
continue this man ravengate be taking so damn long
i think it's only fair if they wanted me to catch up to the current chapters so that they can go back to a on time schedule. If not thats ok too
If they are going to do the job ok but they need to understand that they are able to add a last page to explain why they are going to delay so this misunderstanding doesn’t happen
it's not fair to say that, they might have other things to do so please be patient with scanlation groups as they normaly take on a lot of projects at once

Dex-chan lover
You did this in 6 hours with a mouse...? Pretty good dude. I hope you consider joining a group cause this talent can be useful in so many ways

Dex-chan lover
You did this in 6 hours with a mouse...? Pretty good dude. I hope you consider joining a group cause this talent can be useful in so many ways
technically it was an hour and a half, since i only needed to typeset most of it and there was not a lot of redrawing/cleaning (since i don't clean up the sfx). i really don't like groups, a lot of them make money of their scanlations and i think they are the scum of the earth for it.

Double-page supporter
technically it was an hour and a half, since i only needed to typeset most of it and there was not a lot of redrawing/cleaning (since i don't clean up the sfx). i really don't like groups, a lot of them make money of their scanlations and i think they are the scum of the earth for it.
I mean really that's just a whole new level of efficiency. You did all the translation of this chapter under only one and half an hour?! Your japanese skills must be godlevel :0

Edit: typo

Dex-chan lover
It's the typical false sense of progress to calm the reader where you take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. They know that one is jealous of the other but that doesn't turn into anything.

Users who are viewing this thread