Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Ch. 59.1 - The Japanese Spirit

Other than the scanlation team being behind maybe the author also releases it into parts? Like how youtubers uploading 2 20 minute vids in a week versus one long hour vid or so for the views/clicks/etc

Or y'know, just buy the full series when it's published and binge it all at once, if there are physical copies
Looks like they're just caught up with the raws at this point, Which also explains why the official english translation(JNC) isn't even touching this last volume yet, since the volume isn't complete yet.

Dex-chan lover
This arc has had a lot of changes from the light novel, it's a lot more chill and they interacted more with the normal people. Personally it's a huge improvement since the light novel blazed through this city at breakneck speeds. Though even in the light novel the author makes a very big point to explain why they don't eat seafood raw where the parasite is explained in detail. Honestly it seemed like the author is criticizing those people who buy stuff from the fish market and then eat it as sushi at home under the presumption that because it's fresh it must be fine since the parasite explained is basically a real life one with similar effects (but not as fatal)

Dex-chan lover
Big sushi roll?
Anyhoo, if he has a Dexterity stat, he should raise it.

Dex-chan lover
He didn't have to make such a long sushi roll just to break a world record - he's the first one to do it!
Maybe he's just trying to make it hard to beat. XD

Dex-chan lover
LOL if 'parasites' are an issue (i suppose food poisoning is an issue in the 'real' world too, surely there must be some kinda removal magic.)

If not just , like, 'poisoning' yourself on purpose and instantly down a shot of an antidote afterwards XD Maybe it's the quality of the fish too like 'gas station sushi' versus some bred from a fish farm specifically for their caviar
Parasites are totally an issue IRL too, but it's addressed with freezing. Some fish, however, are not frozen, or if they are frozen are not frozen properly, which is why anisakiasis is still so prevalent there amongst those who do consume raw fish (and is becoming a spreading concern as sushi spreads culinarily, too). I wouldn't trust this world's parasites to work like our world's, though. That said, I also would expect the blessings they all have to completely negate any parasite from attaching to them, too.

He didn't have to make such a long sushi roll just to break a world record - he's the first one to do it!
Maybe he's just trying to make it hard to beat. XD
he's making it sized so Feru can have more than a mouthful.

Dex-chan lover
LOL if 'parasites' are an issue (i suppose food poisoning is an issue in the 'real' world too, surely there must be some kinda removal magic.)

If not just , like, 'poisoning' yourself on purpose and instantly down a shot of an antidote afterwards XD Maybe it's the quality of the fish too like 'gas station sushi' versus some bred from a fish farm specifically for their caviar
TBH the bigger question it raises is: are those salt water oceans? Because fresh water fish carry parasites, not salt water fish.

There are world building questions going on here.

Also Feru is a god, Sui is basically filled with acid and Dora is a dragon who spits fire, the only person who needs to worry about parasites is Moukuda.

Dex-chan lover
is he that deprived of his local cuisines that he has to crave sushi AND say "japan is known for its sushi after all"

ready. set-
aaaaand go fuck ourselves, innit?

Dex-chan lover
Nooo cliffhanger while cooking scene should be banned, the food will be cold if not done properly :mad:
I thought it was making sushi, isn't it meant to be served cold? or at least room temp (tho once i had inari sushi and it was alright tho i would've preferred it heated up tbh but i usually eat most of my rice dishes hot and not room temp)

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was making sushi, isn't it meant to be served cold? or at least room temp (tho once i had inari sushi and it was alright tho i would've preferred it heated up tbh but i usually eat most of my rice dishes hot and not room temp)
Fresh sushi is typically served room temperature; only supermarket sushi is served cold.

Dex-chan lover
is he that deprived of his local cuisines that he has to crave sushi AND say "japan is known for its sushi after all"
i take it you never lived overseas for an extended period where the food culture is absolutely different than what you're used to growing up? like, i'm pretty sure that if i, an Indonesian, got thrown into some isekai with middle age food culture, sooner or later i will definitely be craving modern Indonesian food. like, i will do whatever i need to be able to eat rendang again, local cuisine be damned

Dex-chan lover
i take it you never lived overseas for an extended period where the food culture is absolutely different than what you're used to growing up? like, i'm pretty sure that if i, an Indonesian, got thrown into some isekai with middle age food culture, sooner or later i will definitely be craving modern Indonesian food. like, i will do whatever i need to be able to eat rendang again, local cuisine be damned
my point is that he's been doing every japanese shit since day 1 and he's still acting like that and saying "japan blah blah sushi blah blah" AS IF to excuse and justify his behavior. :korone: his reasonings that "he's craving sushi because he's near the sea" and "been eating seafood since coming to town" should've been enough but saying "i'm craving sushi because that's what japan is known for" sounds like a weaboo type of thing making him an imposter :pepehmm: lmao

very sus :pepehmm::pepehmm:

edit:
well, after eating, it maybe just some kind of 4th wall breaking for comedic effect. i forgot that i shouldn't've took this seriously in the first place lmao. mb

Dex-chan lover
He says there's parasites in that world's sea food, as if there weren't in our world...
You just need to freeze the fish to kill the parasites "Fish that's consumed raw in sushi must be frozen to -20°C (-4°F) for 7 days or -35°C (-31°F) for 15 hours."

Aggregator gang

fish irl is full of parasites as well, our removal magic... is a freezer. always freeze fish you catch.

Users who are viewing this thread