Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - Is THAT thing's meat good?

i love crab and such seafood but I don't think I'd eat spider... just NO. 😨

Yo, Sui is getting spoiled. In some places Seafood is a luxury and Kani is very versatile food to use

Dex-chan lover
Spider
Spidera
Spiderab
Spidrab
Sidrab
Cidrab
Cirab
Crab! It's crab! Crab.
MW24K89.gif

Ewwwwwwwww. Spider Fried Rice. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

I bet some Chinese folks would try it. They sell grilled scorpions on a stick 🍡 .

Was asked to eat bee larvae when I was in Middle School. Other kids in my class got no problem popping them in. 😱

Spiders might have evolved from crabs or crab-like creatures so the muscle protein mix should still be more or less similar. But none of that scientific explanation can overcome the ingrained psychological effects of past experiences.

Dex-chan lover
@sungyoon93 seafood used to be prison food

And, to be honest, I'd always choose a nice meaty dish over some nice, luxury crab

Dex-chan lover
these familiars have no appreciation for rice smh my head

wonder what this guy's legend will be like lmao

Dex-chan lover
Is any culture as obsessed with meat as Japan? Which isn't the same as asking if any country eats more meat per person. (Not counting sea life consumption, Japan barely even makes into the top 100 most meat-consuming societies.) But in terms of Japanese cultural output, I don't think a love of meat is promoted anywhere else so constantly.

Double-page supporter
@tuatara1 I think it's more like Japan's cow meat is renowned around the world but very pricey even in Japan so they don't often eat them, only occasionally for some kind of celebration. CMIIW I'm not Japanese >.<

@tuatara1 we get a fair bit of that here in the Southern Cone, but it's geared towards all the steps of beef production, not just "the meat as you bought in the market and the way you're going to prepare it" but also cattle herding, the pasture, the bolas necessary to hunt re-feralized cattle...

@parkourse "ueni, uidi, edi" - I came, I saw, I ate :^)

@tuatara1 i think in japan it's not the consumption, it's about the taste and appearance. their obsession with quality of food is what makes them special.

they farmed in special way, not only meat and fish, fruits and vegetables also. like those giant grapes, golden mangoes, white strawberry, square watermelon, etc.
most other countries just want to grow as much food as cheap as possible and export them. also probably because japan is a small country, they can't compete in quantity.

Dex-chan lover
@hippoanon IIRC, Japan's obsession with special produce like wagyu beef is because they don't have as much suitable land for farming as other countries. They can never compete with quantity, ie. the price of mass produced produce is cheaper imported from countries with a whole continent and local produce will have to compete with those prices. So instead, they started making special ones that will have their own price.

Dex-chan lover
@gunshotslinger Wagyu, Japan highest grade meat, yes, but if its normal beef meat they can eat it daily. Then I think its not just Japan, many countries have their own version of Wagyu meats.

@tuatara1 not really, Japan true obssesion is in soy sauce, I tell you.

@Redice @hippoanon Wagyu meat is special product, like caviar, its born from a special raising & breeding methods and yeah it is very costly and delicate. Why delicate? Because basically the cow raised as king & queen in their life (they are massaged everyday, eating special type of grass, sleeping in special type of hay, etc), and if you want to know not just Japan have this special grades beef, many other countries have this too, but with just their own name and methods.

Now I want to eat a spid... err a crab now :9

Users who are viewing this thread