Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

I hope this manga doesnt end up very sad. Ex. Like the mc dying. I cant bear to read that and I very love this manga even though its art is just satisfactory and the plot. There are still alot of holes in the story like the meeting of heroes, politics and such. Im kinda sad cuz its of its slow update (even though I know its normal). But damn I want more chapters <3

I think the main draw for this manga is the plot.
It doesn't have to have amazing art or long drawn out cooking processes because that isn't really the focus.

The Main Character doesn't have a Cooking power, its just his hobby. His power is the supermarket.
The plot is that he's dumped into a world along with heroes as an extra and due to his hobby, his supermarket unique skill, and some luck, he's able to survive on his own, and acquire things that most people in said world would find mystifying. The cosmetics in this manga in the latter part is very reminiscent of Myne's Shampoo from Bookworm, except instead of having to learn to make them himself, he gets them through Supermarket.

One thing I will give this manga is that it does characters really well. You get a good feeling about the guildmaster, the dismantler, the merchant, the merchant's wife from repeat interactions with them.
I don't really think the manga does anything really poorly. The art has a very unique feel to it, which separates it from most other manga. The character expressions are often off-model and exaggerated to better portray emotions, but aside from that, it's a fun series.

The only real bad thing about this manga, is that it doesn't come out very often, and LHTranslation seems to be very spotty in translating it.
Thankfully others are more than willing to pick up the slack when LH isn't very timely. I very much appreciate what LH is doing but I really wish that they'd prioritize this one, that's just a personal gripe however.

I'd give this manga a 4/5 on Art, a 5/5 on Story, and a 5/5 on Characterization. Definitely worth a read.

Another thing that is really great about it is the complete absence of Harem elements. Generally this is a theme in most isekai that tear them down to being barely passable or not even worth reading at all. It certainly ticks the "cool creature, cute creature" boxes though. Fenrir and Slime are illustrated very well, and display a lot of personality through their gluttonous tendencies.

@HaseoAzuru plenty.
some of them are mushoku tensei, slime, tbate, bookworm, karate survivor (just a couple chapter, looks promising), kousaku reijo, etc
futhermore, there're many villainess isekai manhwa that so fucking good. so unless you live under a rock or just being sarcastic, you should discovered something already.

don't be accustomed to template isekai, just don't read them.

Finished the whole series just in case. Shitty Isekai garbage to the max with the usual shit for brains MC that just gets everything handed to him just here in form of asspull familiars and his shitty shop ability, because why work for anything. No plot, bad art, no good dialogue and for a cooking manga theres like no real cooking just eating lol. Prolly good for Furrys that jerk it to the wolf i guess:p

@HaseoAzuru Theres a bunch that are rather good quality. Like The Ride on King, Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?, Alice in Borderland, for some that start out rather great and unique right away and The beginning after the end, Saihate no Paladin , 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru, Dungeon Reset, Murim Login for some that turn pretty unique and interesting after 5 chapters or so.

Most isekai author cant write for shit and it turns into giving this bumbling idiot of a self insert an op abilitys or make it op instantly and dont really expand the world or cast outside bare minimum to blow the MCs dong per fanboying.

@osqmu want some butthurt cream with that comment . When that crona person got you so mad you complain that his grammar be to good. What in the actual fuck were you even thinking with such a comment. Reverse Grammar Nazi right here >_<

Dont you go pinging me now tho. thanks lol

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
i would ping just to be childish but idec at this point lmao

@yingtoo78

Sounds like you're frustrated... Are you alright? Are you sure YOU don't want butthurt cream?

Anyway, it's a super good manga, I love the characters personalities, thank you for updating ☺️

@Samli Hahaha that guy edited his post to take that out>.< He complained that the other guys grammar is to good pff. So even he saw it was stupid as fuck, so why are you nagging about it now. He even left another comment my lord thats funny.

You sound butthurt i dont like the manga . Arts still pisspoor and the characters are ass. Furry bait manga is all it is. Prime example of shit tier isekai writing too.

I'm surprised that the market hasn't crashed yet. And the other kingdoms haven't created any sort of coalition seeing one kingdom basically has access to 2 WMDs. Maybe i'm overthinking it but still curious.

I wonder what happened to other heroes? I already read novel few months ago even the raw but they still not appear

Aggregator gang
can order anything without going out or interact with anyone? that skill is kinda op

Dex-chan lover
he's kinda like rex lapis but his contracts is one-sided

8/10
Casual. Not plot heavy. Mc isn't stupidly OP. No unnecessary harems/romance/fanservice.

A very good casual read without overbearing fanservice or unnecessary romance. While I'm all for romance stories or fanservice, sometimes it does ruin a story. It is far from plot heavy, there's never really any tension at all, and there are a few pretty girls, but they're never the focus and half the page is never covered in titties. No girls lust for him just because he's the mc or some shit, he's just a guy who can cook who has a few special monsters following him.

The monsters following him are cute and special in their own way, and I like how his personality hasn't really changed much despite a minor increase in strength. I say minor cause despite practice and some blessings, he doesn't suddenly become super op. He's not strong, his familiars are. As my last sentence on the prev statement said, he's just some guy who can cook. A cute, simple, but somehow not boring, story with no ugh elements or unnecessary harems/fanservice/romance.

While you probably won't be on the edge of your seat for any of the chapters, or have your heart torn into two, nor will it beat in excitement of two characters getting together, you probably won't be wheezing of laughter either, but you might enjoy it, like a nice breeze on a cool sunny evening.

Happy I found this series. It isn't overly interesting and there is nothing groundbreaking, but it is a very enjoyable read nonetheless. One of those that you can just sit back, turn off your brain, and enjoy.

@camlakorns at least in the past couple of months, e-commerce in my place almost reach that level of perfection. this covid is truly a blessing in disguise.

this is kinda boring the cooking isnt even that good very mediocre dont see why this is rated 8.6

I've said it once I will say it again. I love this manga and I am grateful that you all translate it. it is a wholesome manga.

DEAD BORING manga, bot's spamvoted this again to a ridiculous number...MD needs some counter measure against something like that...

Users who are viewing this thread