Touge Oni - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 - Third Eye

Dex-chan lover
So I hit the nails that he came from the future and actually trying to save koto-sama from her curse the humans gave her.

I know some historical enjoyers know their lore more than me and say that what i wrote on last chapter is wrong, but cmon this is a manga.

There are bound to be difference in the author vision to make these historical events even more intriguing than just making his manga follow a historical events that everyone already know about.

If the author blindly follows such thing then he got no creativity to his story in the first place, and I personally prefer that he alter some of them to his own cs thats just way better.

Dex-chan lover
Same with Sansei, he lacks the capacity to empathize with must humies. That or he sees a world without sentient humans to be a lesser evil than a world without kami
I'm strongly sympathetic to his position, honestly.
The Kami aren't perfect, but that's part of their charm. They're unique and fantastic beings deserving of worship and veneration. To see them reduced to impotent dying spirits is horribly tragic. Humans have much less to offer the world by comparison.
That being said, I can't comfortably advocate wiping out humanity. It's obviously unethical to make that decision for everyone else.

I couldn't foresee this at all. So the story with various gods until now is prelude to why the plague happens. And I think we can safely say that main char (ozuno) is the crazy senin.
Great chapter !

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this vas crazy...so now this'll be a fight for which of the two species that gets to live on-kami or humans?

Unless Ozuno & co somehow finds a third option that ensure the survival of both? they are looking for a way to cure koto-sama after all...

Dex-chan lover
Big props to everyone who suspected that sennin man was a time traveler. You might not have suspected him for the right reasons (he wasn't En no Ozuno), but he was a time traveler.
He could well be a future version of En for all we know by this point - his motivations are consistent with that.

This is also hypocrisy, because the Kami are also an entire species, with actually a much, much bigger potential than humans.
Has it been shown anywhere that the kami are somehow superiour to humans? Not in magic power, I mean, but intellectually, culturally, or at least emotionally? What we've seen of them so far I believe paints them as remarkably close to baseline humans, brainpower-wise (with rare exceptions of the most powerful of the lot).

Are you a hypocrite if you save a starving puppy but pour thermite down a termite nest?
No, you simply empathize with the dog and lack the capacity to feel empathy for termites
Same with Sansei, he lacks the capacity to empathize with most humies. That or he sees a world without sentient humans to be a lesser evil than a world without kami
It is hypocrisy to wax lyrical about insignificance of termites when you yourself have transcended from one, and could've never arrived where you are had you never been one.

Reactions: Ekn
Dex-chan lover
He could well be a future version of En for all we know by this point - his motivations are consistent with that.

Has it been shown anywhere that the kami are somehow superiour to humans? Not in magic power, I mean, but intellectually, culturally, or at least emotionally? What we've seen of them so far I believe paints them as remarkably close to baseline humans, brainpower-wise (with rare exceptions of the most powerful of the lot).

It is hypocrisy to wax lyrical about insignificance of termites when you yourself have transcended from one, and could've never arrived where you are had you never been one.
Let's assume the kami are intellectually and emotionally equal to humans. Just by the mere fact that they are anatomically vastly superior to humans make them the superior race, and with their longevity, the knowledge they can acquire and use is vastly larger and superior too. Of course, just like for humans, if you don't have a need for something, it's rare for people to go out of their confort zone and use or improve that knowledge; but if we're talking about potential, the kami are just vastly superior in every way

Dex-chan lover
Let's assume the kami are intellectually and emotionally equal to humans. Just by the mere fact that they are anatomically vastly superior to humans make them the superior race, and with their longevity, the knowledge they can acquire and use is vastly larger and superior too. Of course, just like for humans, if you don't have a need for something, it's rare for people to go out of their confort zone and use or improve that knowledge; but if we're talking about potential, the kami are just vastly superior in every way
That doesn't appear to be true: kamis' tech and magic are somewhat superiour to humans, but they're vastly outnumbered, and they have trouble maintaining order even inside the minuscule society that they have. Humans have shorter lives, yeah, but humans also have guilds, schools and universities, later on laboratories and megascience experimental complexes - something kami appear to be lacking.
As a result, sure, there's a sacred treasure that allows one to fly. Humans meanwhile allow everyone in their species to fly - even if in a limited manner.

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't appear to be true: kamis' tech and magic are somewhat superiour to humans, but they're vastly outnumbered, and they have trouble maintaining order even inside the minuscule society that they have. Humans have shorter lives, yeah, but humans also have guilds, schools and universities, later on laboratories and megascience experimental complexes - something kami appear to be lacking.
As a result, sure, there's a sacred treasure that allows one to fly. Humans meanwhile allow everyone in their species to fly - even if in a limited manner.
Again, that's the result of a lack of need. When pressured, species act to protect themselves. When there's no pressure from the outside or the inside, they usually stagnate. I was talking merely about potential, not about what's currently happening now that they don't really have a driving force or leader to innovate much

Dex-chan lover
Again, that's the result of a lack of need. When pressured, species act to protect themselves. When there's no pressure from the outside or the inside, they usually stagnate. I was talking merely about potential, not about what's currently happening now that they don't really have a driving force or leader to innovate much
I'm not sure getting progressively individually and collectively weaker, to the point of very likely dying out altogether, can be counted as lacking evolutionary pressure, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread