Tower Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Yuva, Renowed Thrower of Feed

Dex-chan lover
"It's just salt, anyone can do that", said someone who wasn't in a position to do that.

Dex-chan lover
The tower makes me feel like a person in one of Piranesi's artworks. It's like the tower is infinite from the perspective of a tiny human. I LOVE IT!

Dex-chan lover
If I remember right, his daughter told him that his stuff was boring and that there wasn't enough explanations... If there was ever a reason to change your style, your own kid giving you shit for your work is one of them
I noticed BLAME Gakuen was the tipping point for modern Nihei. Also it was around that time in the middle of Biomega we got that tonal change and they went to full fantasy tilt.
Man,early Biomega was gritty.

Dex-chan lover
WAIT WAS THESE A BLAME! REF?

safeguard symbol
image.png

Safeguard skeleton
image.png

Double-page supporter
Please, for the love of god, Nihei, may this be a return to your peak BioMega and Blame! roots. Do not hit me with another Fauxnen Jump like Aposimz, I beg of you.

In any case, great to see that his penchant for architecture and body horror transferred over into a fantasy setting perfectly. High hopes, sensei.
Sadly you will have to tell that to his editors

Supporter
While I do think Nihei's art has suffered a bit from going a bit more mainstream (and changing his color palette from mostly black with white highlights to mostly white with black highlights), he's still got it. Those establishing shots of Yuva looking out at the tower and the whole thing zooming out were great. Physical action was also really great - the aesthetic of the knights + how the undead/transformed enemies were was fantastic.
I do like see him experimenting with his style, it is different and more mainstream but even after seeing the cover in a sea of cover (scrolling the "recently updated" section) I did recognize the style immediately.
Also reading Nihei and having a pfp from shut hell :thumbsup: who ever you are you have great taste

It's surprising to see Tsutomu Nihei make a fantasy manga. Definetly refreshing. Now I'm just wondering if we'll see any kind of remnants of a past advanced civilization like Ooyukiumi no Kaina that tied it to Blame, Biomega, and Shidonia no Kishi; or if it will stay true to fantasy and be it's own universe. Honestly I feel that no matter however it ends up we'll still see the Toha Heavy Industries symbol somewhere, especially since we've seen the silicon life symbol already too.
And the cross of the Graviton Beam Emitter too, in the clothes of MC. I hope to see the GBE in some form

Users who are viewing this thread