Transparented scrollbar

Dex-chan lover
Ever since yesterday or 2 days ago, the scrollbar 'disappeared', making it much difficult to tell where it's at when reading manga. Can this be fixed sooner than later?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Ever since yesterday or 2 days ago, the scrollbar 'disappeared', making it much difficult to tell where it's at when reading manga. Can this be fixed sooner than later?
So the browser scrollbar in the reader? and not the progress bar? is it with any type of manga, both paged & long strip? which color theme? what browser and version? i don't see the scrollbar disappearing regardless of what settings i use in Chrome..

Only one thing comes to mind and that's firefox hiding scrollbars when not hovering over it for some reason /shrug (or at least that was for one person last month with a different scrollbar but eh..)

Dex-chan lover
I also can't see the scrollbar in light mode (in chapter lists, the reader, etc) but in dark mode there's no problem.

The light mode discrimination is real...

Dex-chan lover
So the browser scrollbar in the reader? and not the progress bar? is it with any type of manga, both paged & long strip? which color theme? what browser and version? i don't see the scrollbar disappearing regardless of what settings i use in Chrome..

Only one thing comes to mind and that's firefox hiding scrollbars when not hovering over it for some reason /shrug (or at least that was for one person last month with a different scrollbar but eh..)
I changed the theme to dark mode like other suggested. That scrollbar (the one on the right-side) finally appeared!

..........At least, make that scrollbar dark grey color to be more noticeable in the light mode. angry fuming

This situation definitely needs to be addressed.

I use Chrome and type of manga is long strip in light mode theme.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I changed the theme to dark mode like other suggested. That scrollbar (the one on the right-side) finally appeared!

..........At least, make that scrollbar dark grey color to be more noticeable in the light mode. angry fuming

This situation definitely needs to be addressed.

I use Chrome and type of manga is long strip in light mode theme.
So.. it was there but barely visible? that's not "disappeared" but sure, in that case, yes, the thumb is probably a bit on the lighter side and should be made darker, but at the very least, again, on my end, as far as it being completely gone? i suppose when i read your initial post again with that in mind i do see that you do actually imply it being more difficult to see :aquadrink:

Edit: well, seems like the thumb literally is invisible in some cases

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So.. it was there but barely visible? that's not "disappeared" but sure, in that case, yes, the thumb is probably a bit on the lighter side and should be made darker, but at the very least, again, on my end, as far as it being completely gone? i suppose when i read your initial post again with that in mind i do see that you do actually imply it being more difficult to see :aquadrink:
The fact that the page was still scrolling means that the scroll-bar is there, but the fact that the scroll-bar cannot be seen due to it being exact same color as the page is the problem.

EDIT: After being in dark theme for a while now, I decided to switch back to the light theme and that scroll-bar is finally back to grey-color. That's weird. Was switching to dark theme, then back to light theme fixed the scroll-bar color problem?

Dex-chan lover
I figured it out. When the site theme is set to system, the scrollbar becomes white (or invisible). Regular light mode has no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread