Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 16 - The Devil’s Stigmata

Dex-chan lover
So it's using some technology too advanced to be comprehended in a reasonable amount of time for someone who grew up in a medieval society

Or so the author claims, guess we'll see whether they can live up to that

Dex-chan lover
@NickD15
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

Now I kind of want to know how the archbishop's powers work but I know we have to make it through all the other priest before we get to this "final boss". My first guess is that he's just really good at reading someone's expression.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter guys!!
can't wait to read the next chapter and find out how the heck is that flying knives trick possible!

@howlingwolf101 yeh but what about his weird iron hammer thing where he made those other priests feel pain just by doing some hand gestures?

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming that the mark is what the knives are drawn to, but what could be propelling the knives? How do they stay afloat in midair? How do they have enough force to kill someone? Lots of questions, and the devil will answer for us.

i think archbishop trick is related to a sound or somekind of low frequency wave, but who knows

Maybe some devil formed stamps are shot at a person with a wire atached... although then they would be felt, and the wires would still touch other stuff, knives would always go straight where they are headed .I can't imagine it being magnets, unless they are used in a very smart way. Ahhhh i dunno

My guess is the knifes are being manipulated by both strings and magnets.
• Their design allows them to be used with strings with their hook-like handle.
So their trajectory and movement can be controlled while moving around in "air".
Once launched, they can be released which makes them looks like they have no strings.
(Once released, there's no controls over the knives, which explain why they could be stopped by a the big sister's sword.)

• The hook-like handles has a darker part around its curved end part.
This might be some magnetic sand or something put into the knife's iron. You might think that it would be impossible to do because the magnetic sand would float away from the iron, but that's one key part about magnetic sand and iron. Iron has a melting of 1538°C and magnetic sand loose its magnetism at 80°C, but one key thing about magnetic sand is that it can easily regains its magnetism, once lost, by using a solenoid. While it might have been near-impossible to do in that time, we're talking about a manga happening with a "Church" that has too much resources to spend and a mandatory hold of most advanced techs. The first well documented research around electricity (and, at the same time, magnetism) was in the early 1600 (by William Gilbert). Even if there's no "electricty generator", since this is an exaggeration (in a manga sense), they could be using eels or something. The concept of electricity coursing through certain objects has been known a long time before even the Christ. A bit of manga-plot-rule and uses of known researches and voila!

@no1434 but then, how would he or the people behind him not be affected? some mechanism to only let the sound go one direction? my guess that it was some sort of quick working poison gas. when he held up the hand, the gas got spread, but he and the two behind him had already taken the antidote. then, when he swung his hand, he was releasing the antidote into the air

Users who are viewing this thread