Tricks Dedicated to Witches

I forgot how depressing reading comments here can be. I am in love with this manga and I'm having a blast. The art style is beautiful and the twists are so much fun and interesting. This has so much potential and is already one of the best manga I've stumbled apon. I don't know enough about things to fact check these tricks but honestly I really don't care about fantasy mechanics. I won't stomp on you for having negative opinions but honestly this manga does not get enough love for how good it is/can be. <3

Group Leader
@raven_freak he just speak German
because when he speak "true" japanesse nobody understand him (cf chap 7)
the speeling and expression can more easily change than the grammar in the course of time
so technically it explain why in the raws the autor put german term suck like numbers (cf chap 17)

"Tricks disguised as miracles"? Soon as MC pulls so much as a card out of someone's ass he would be on the bonfire with the rest of them

reu

Dex-chan lover
Why can't nips ever get witch hunts right?
You wouldn't need 2minutes on the wiki to get it better than this

Can't wait for this to be adapted into anime.

Probably will see it in the next 2 years as the content of each chapter is pack a lot or when the story is already progressed enough.

Dex-chan lover
I like what I like. And I hate what I hate. This manga has the potential to become something great. People should stop being so damn stupid complaining. Just shut up and read this awesome manga.

@einjineer the manga could be getting axed soon if the manga sales don't increase.... the 2nd volume sold 3773 in 3 days while the other manga in the mag sold 13.5k+ in 3 days, so don't get your hopes up on an anime and even if it'd get one they'd make a 12/13 ep anime so 45-70 chapters

Double-page supporter
I was worried when real-life medieval ages got involved, since manga very rarely avoids creating all kinds of bullshit when it comes to history, but this is fine, it didn't ruin it. It's readable.

Double-page supporter
Just going off the description here, but he was having a "retirement show" at 17? He barely finished highschool and he decided he is already done with his career as a magician and will never perform again?

@Kynnath

He's part comedic relief. So don't take the description too seriously.

He quits because nobody really appreciates magicians and magic shows anymore, and he's tired of performing for uncaring crowds that google how the trick was done instead of watch properly, no matter the money.

Then he dies, and it's a story all about using magic tricks to save innocent people. And opposing the church and their 'miracles', which are also just magic tricks.

@Kynnath So just to elaborate a little on a real world implication of the MC retiring from a career at 17. He's spent the last 7-8 years MINIMUM on stage, preforming magic for the masses, and becoming a world wide star. It's entirely likely that had he not died, the retirement would have been completely warrented and worry free, seeing as he likely had plenty of money saved up and propperly invested from his many years of preforming. There's part of Chapter 1 that even shows that he was able to spend upward of 50-100k yen on something that turned out to be fake when he was only 10-11 and still live in a very fancy and rich appearing home.

It's not impossible that he was rich beyond belief and was just tired of the showmanship being wasted on people that just didn't care about it and were more or less viewing him as a glorified idol because they KNOW all the "magic" he does is fake and they can just look it up live to see how it's done if they really want to. You can't really say that if you were in his shoes and had spent a majority of your young life on stage preforming, only for the masses to no longer truely appreciate your craft that you wouldn't be sick of it and would continue doing it, especially if you had invested properly and had a manager that actually cared about you enough to make sure you don't get conned a second time when you're incredibly young.

Group Leader
One of the only mangas I look forward to nowadays. MC isn't beta. This isn't harem. Gender equality. Science. PERFECTION 10/10

I really hope this hasn't been/ will not be axed. The story is pretty entertaining and it takes time to write an actual story with characters, unlike some more popular isekai.

Users who are viewing this thread