Tropes you can’t stand in certain genres

Dex-chan lover
What are some tropes that you can’t stand within certain genres? (Such as villainess, isekai, or harem manga.)

I’ll go first. In villainess manga, I hate the amount of effort they put into condemnation events. By which i mean, how like no one thinks it’s weird how much they care about the situation.
You’re telling me other nobles actually care that a commoner is being bullied?
You’re telling me people are actually mad about an attempted assassination? Mofo, you have a poison taster and bodyguards. Assassinations are a part of life. The death of the heroine would have no political effect, the villainess would probably get off scotch free.
You’re telling me the king and queen are willing to let go of the future queen (who is highly competent and wise, and generally liked by most nobles) simply because she bullied a commoner?
You're telling me that the families of the fiancés (of the capture targets) don’t view the commoner as a threat, since she's getting close to their daughters fiancé? That noble families in general aren’t targeting the heroine because she might marry into the family of a business partner and bring their worth down with her filthy commoners blood?
You’re telling me the royal family will take bribes from child slavers, but not from the noble family of the villainess?
You’re telling me that commoners won’t get wind of this and start a revolution because their kingdom is putting all this effort into some petty dispute between nobles instead of even pretending to care about their lack of food?
Most importantly, you’re telling me that the heroine is still alive at this point, despite offending several high ranking nobles (including royalty) with her lack of manners? I could go on and on, like actually. Like I deleted a bunch of stuff.

Anyways, your turn.
That's why there sometimes sub plot for the heroine is saint. Usually she was important person who get back from the church. Don't forget church are damn powerful in medieval period.

Also yeah sometimes it's kinda petty, but for me villainess not the worst trope yet. Worst trope for me is a romcom where start with first Heroine love the insanely dense MC, then for no fucking reason suddenly everyone start to like the MC. Then the rivalry grew more and more ALL OF THAT WHEN WE KNEW THE FIRST HEROINE ALWAYS GODDAMN WIN. WHY THE FUCK YOU INTRODUCE US THE BEST GAL FOR? GODDAMN I HATE IT FUCK ALL OF THAT

Dex-chan lover
Slice-of-life, where getting wet from rain = certain death, and the only cure is to get wet a second time in the controlled environment of a bath tub.

Any genre, but Fantasy is the worst, when they introduce a new character that's so damn ugly (and/or a priest or noble) that you know 100% they're going to be evil, but they still act as if it's supposed to be a surprise.

Isekai for the sake of isekai, where it really should be just plain fantasy, and the MC being reincarnated becomes completely irrelevant after chapter 2.
100% relatable
This is it, when the fat noble that so oblivious do some evil.

Dex-chan lover
Also the revenge type of thing like Maria no Dazai, why they didn't just kill of the ring leader. Like damn, always left the ring leader the last. Like they are the smartest out of the group, taking it out last after they figure things out.

Also these "ancient magic" is better on fantasy trope. Like bro what? We're always making progress and how is ancient outdated magic is more powerful than the modern one?
Frieren made the exact opposite of this I'm very happy, zoltraak are examples of modern magic beat some "ancient magic" bs

Dex-chan lover
Also the revenge type of thing like Maria no Dazai, why they didn't just kill of the ring leader. Like damn, always left the ring leader the last. Like they are the smartest out of the group, taking it out last after they figure things out.

Also these "ancient magic" is better on fantasy trope. Like bro what? We're always making progress and how is ancient outdated magic is more powerful than the modern one?
Frieren made the exact opposite of this I'm very happy, zoltraak are examples of modern magic beat some "ancient magic" bs
Slight jjk spoilers maybe
The talk about the Heinan era kinda falls into that last one. I'm still reading but it feels like we could be shown more about the supposed Golden age

Dex-chan lover
I hate one thing about action manhwa is how much they hop on the trend, like the trend of making OP characters which started from Solo leveling, then came the RPG theme game, followed up by the MCs getting an overpowered pet animal, followed up by the trend of transmigating within a game, after that the trend of going back in the past took over, then suddenly making the MC a SSSSSS class was the coolest thing ever and now every Action manhwa MC is terminally ill.

Plus, there's almost no good action manhwa these days. Most of them are same stories with different name.

Dex-chan lover
Omurice is already bad, so yes adding ketchup doesn't help at all...🤓
OMURICE IS GOOD, IT TASTES SO GOOD WITH KETCHUP!!! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!
images

Users who are viewing this thread