TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
For a sec there I thought the head doc is a crazed sadist too. Dam this series keeps getting more and more messed up chap 1-5 were like grace period

Dex-chan lover
I bet the commander guy is the type of guy that has those sad back story and doesnt like getting too close to his troupes because he know itll only torment him more if he gets to know them better, he thinks the lives lost because of him and the hate he gets is deserved and will take things to hell once hes finally dead, probably has a death wish too.
I'm desperately hoping they won't give such a stupid redemption and that he'll die being unapologetic like they showed in this chap without holding back that salsa's death wasn't happy at all

Dex-chan lover
Why is this genderbender isekai the most compelling war drama I've ever read?

Anyone know anything with similar vibes?
The only thing I can think of would be the M.A.S.H. TV show. It touches the horror of war between the laughs. If they didn't laugh, they'd cry.

Likely more the original movie more than the TV show though, as that one is more serious in tone.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get why this needed to be an isekai, it's a literal non factor in everything that happens here. Does it really drive up sales that much to label your manga as one?
In this case, it's an issue of perspective. The average kid who gets drafted does not have enough life experience to truly comprehend the difference between war and normal life.

A middle aged dude would work, but they could be tainted by propaganda and the like. Also cute girls sell more.

Dex-chan lover
With how he is acting on the battlefield, I'm pretty sure he will die from a sniper fire. It's only a matter of time for that to happen so there's no need to send an inexperienced medic to him. Pretty sure you just increased his chances as he will be able to mold her into what he actually needs.

Also, I'm pretty sure both sides in a war in WWI has an agreement to give their men some time to retrieve their dead comrades on the battlefield. Leaving them there can make their situation worse.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
So I suppose the new guy is the commander's replacement eventually, when his turn to be grind down finally comes, eh.
More meat for the grinder!

Dex-chan lover
well looks like the replacements, are like the commander...

the reality of war... and to think the rl world is on an inevitable route to that...

• Angry
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Low fantasy is such a good genre that is not used as much as it could :aquadrink:

Also as GB can be a good tag (just rarely done remotely close to right) why put the GB in this story ? maybe later they will talk about how women where threated in the war ?

And also fuck random isekai for no reason, it change nothing to the story, I heard it was often the editor asking for it to be an isekai and some author are not hiding that so maybe it is the case here too

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get why this needed to be an isekai, it's a literal non factor in everything that happens here. Does it really drive up sales that much to label your manga as one?
It's easier to connect with a character who is like the reader. Easier to consider "Well, how would I have handled if I got dropped into this world?" And of course... Apparently it sells -- hence a huge supply of such stories.

Dex-chan lover
I hope he's just an unironic psychopath that is just using war as an excuse to kill people
Thing is, if he were he wouldnt have gone out of his way to teach Touri how to protect herself.
He's an asshole but he literally has no choice but to be an asshole if they want this war to end any time soon. Plus he acted way more different from between when Touri healed Salsa than when he beat her for failing to protect them properly

Users who are viewing this thread