TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I can understand the commander. He's too full of himself and probably overdid the punishment, but he did clearly give out the command to stand still at a suspicious area, and Salsa was stupid enough to move around regardless of that. What if he triggered a trap that killed the entire platoon? One moron's mistake could have costed all of their lives, and people like that are more dangerous to their allies than the enemies are. His decision to abandon Salsa is also understandable. He has limited resources out there, and putting everyone at risk by wasting time to save the guy who nearly got everyone killed is a stupid move. Touri shouldn't have risked him/herself either, as a medic is far more valueable than a soldier, especially since it doesn't seem like healing magic is very common in that world. Yeah, it's heartless, but having a heart won't win you a war.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm suprised he hasn't died already due to that hero complex. Either from being overconfident or getting "fragged"
Agreed, I assume at some point in the story he will just "die". Like Midspeech a bullet hits him in the noggin's or something and he drops with 2-3 Pages just dedicated to people just staring at his body.

On a unrelated note I did not expect someone using Best AI Girl as an Avatar here.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I can understand the commander. He's too full of himself and probably overdid the punishment, but he did clearly give out the command to stand still at a suspicious area, and Salsa was stupid enough to move around regardless of that. What if he triggered a trap that killed the entire platoon? One moron's mistake could have costed all of their lives, and people like that are more dangerous to their allies than the enemies are. His decision to abandon Salsa is also understandable. He has limited resources out there, and putting everyone at risk by wasting time to save the guy who nearly got everyone killed is a stupid move. Touri shouldn't have risked him/herself either, as a medic is far more valueable than a soldier, especially since it doesn't seem like healing magic is very common in that world. Yeah, it's heartless, but having a heart won't win you a war.
I was more or less with you until the bit about Touri. Let's stay with your statement about a medic being more worth than a normal soldier: then it's even more psychotic to heavily injure said medic by beating her up again just after getting healed and diminishing their effectiveness. Even more so, the CO shows that he does not give a shit about his subordinates and the reason he's mad is because he himself couldn't be saved in case of emergency, because Touri healed Salsa and not because she defied orders.

Fucked up guy, bad officer and even worse a person.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, I assume at some point in the story he will just "die". Like Midspeech a bullet hits him in the noggin's or something and he drops with 2-3 Pages just dedicated to people just staring at his body.

On a unrelated note I did not expect someone using Best AI Girl as an Avatar here.
I would burn Eochu Bres to the ground for Sierra but she would be sad if I did that.

Edit: If I had a nickel for every time I saw something Starsector related on the mangadex forums, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice

Dex-chan lover
Wait... Since our protag got reincarnated as a loli... Why tf aren't the fbi arresting that bastard for child abuse?
There is literally no reason to. This is a country that has been in a desperate war to stop an invasion(and they are losing) for 10 years. They are so desperate that they draft a young girl forcibly in the first place as a soldier/medic.

Even the Armies of the American Revolution or WW2 were not so desperate as to draft women and children for the front lines. A country that is that desperate doesn't have a lot of room to go after things like this.

Furthermore child abuse in various forms has not been prosecuted until more modern history. Husband's beating their wife and/or kid for "discipline" was often a accepted practice(though something like this might still be a bit excessive)

Now if you want to know why this asshole isn't being court martialed for beating up his own squad, the answer is:

1. He is technically in the right. You cannot have a subordinates who refuse your orders. Harsh punishment can be neccessary to keep the chain of command in war. Only in extreme circumstances, can it be right for a soldier to refuse a leaders command.
  2. Asshole is given special privileges (such as getting a medic assigned to his unit in the first place) as well as a blind eye to stuff like this because he gets results done. (Though he accomplishes this by being scum using soldiers as decoys and bait for his own self preservation)(This should be explained next chapter or so)

Dex-chan lover
mc, you just need to wait till he gets a fatal injury, then fake collapsing for mana exhaustion, and profit.

the commander is shit, but mc forgets that he is a damn foot soldier.
I wouldn't be surprised if in that world, the commander has the faculty to execute personnel that defies orders, etc.

Supporter
Imagine this commander in a overwatch lobby lol, it would be so salty it would end up being comedy gold

Dex-chan lover
Are you twelve or something? Jesus Christ.
First of all, I'm 18, currently in college and working to earn some money to support myself and my family.

Secondly, I was sleep deprived when making that comment and thought it was funny.

And thirdly, because I was so sleep deprived, I forgot child abuse IS a fucking thing in the 90'

Happy with my answer, Sir?

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't beating your medic black and blue makes them unable to heal you because they needed to heal themself? And don't you know that antagonizing your doctor too much is actually a very bad move?
Indeed it is dumb to do so. See Kaifuku for example. :shamihuh:

Double-page supporter
The protagonist is actually very lucky to even get out of the situation with just a beating because disobedience can result in a death penalty during a time of war

Users who are viewing this thread