Tsugumomo - Vol. 34 Ch. 167 - Re-examination

Dex-chan lover
Going by that logic, why does she have to ā€œgoā€ with the sword boy? If youā€™re put off by Sunao being claimed by the Kazuya just because heā€™s MC, whatā€™s the difference between her then being claimed by Kotetsu?

And while itā€™s played for laughs like most of these situations, she was raped dude. She literally couldnā€™t disobey him, and the first thing she did when the got out of the rape dimension was beat the shit out of him. Thatā€™s not really the best beginning of a ship and it would make even less sense if they got together.
Kotetsu wasn't in his right state of mind.
She was technically raped by the domain expansion's influence.

And what do you mean beginning of a ship? Kotetsu's her Tsukumogami in which she gained enough trust and acceptance with to use Ascension. In the exorcist school arc they go into detail about how rare it is for a user and their tool to reach that level of ascension.

So far only Kazuya and Sunao have reached it among the exorcists we've seen.

Her whole narrative arc was her learning to stop treating her Tsukumogami as just a tool but to see them as a partner. So far her story's been going in that direction and this is just another notch on that. It'd make sense, and the author's cop out to get the two together physically would make sense if that was the plan.

===

The author clearly made his decision. Is there anyone who'd even want Kazuya to still be intimate with Sunao now? Like I don't even care about virgin status or wtv. I care about feelings and physical intimacy. If the author's going this far with these 2. Further than Sunao went with Kazuya, than why not?

Dex-chan lover
Kotetsu wasn't in his right state of mind.
She was technically raped by the domain expansion's influence.

Even accepting that, (I donā€™t but whatever), she clearly didnā€™t appreciate it. Iā€™m not sure how that becomes a romantic relationship.

And what do you mean beginning of a ship?
You know what I mean, and her arc with the sword boy has more or less wrapped volumes ago and I would say her rivalry with Kazuya had influence on her ascension as anything else.

, and the author's cop out to get the two together physically would make sense if that was the plan.
The author clearly made his decision.
Is there anyone who'd even want Kazuya to still be intimate with Sunao now?

If you think for one second it was any deeper than, ā€œ I, Hamada Yoshikazu, would like to draw girls having sex and/or being raped or even committing rapes if itā€™s Tuesday.ā€ Then I question whether we read the same manga.

Like I don't even care about virgin status or wtv. I care about feelings and physical intimacy. If the author's going this far with these 2. Further than Sunao went with Kazuya, than why not?

Weirdly enough, kinda think you do. Thereā€™s nothing to stop Sunao from having ā€œthigh sexā€ with Kazuya or anyone else , so why would swordboy raping Sunao automatically pair them? Does Kotetsu now own her ā€œvirtueā€?

And itā€™s not like Kazuya doesnā€™t her own relationship and history with her, especially early on in the series.

Ultimately though, It doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s either fighting or fucking with this manga. Not so deep.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even accepting that, (I donā€™t but whatever), she clearly didnā€™t appreciate it. Iā€™m not sure how that becomes a romantic relationship.
No. This is contextual.
It's not accepting it or wtv, that's just how it is.

Tsugumomo.png

Regarding how it becomes a romantic relationship, why not.
Most of the relationships in this very manga start off as nonsense physical relationships before getting serious emotionally.
You know what I mean, and her arc with the sword boy has more or less wrapped volumes ago and I would say her rivalry with Kazuya had influence on her ascension as anything else.
No. Another person does not have an affect on your relationship with your Tsukumogami.
She was able to accept her own weakness and realize she didn't hate Kotetsu.

Why are you trying to wrap up her relationship like a pretty bow, as if it's done? You know how long this story takes to get back to old plot threads. How long did it take for Kiriha to be revived.
If you think for one second it was any deeper than, ā€œ I, Hamada Yoshikazu, would like to draw girls having sex and/or being raped or even committing rapes if itā€™s Tuesday.ā€ Then I question whether we read the same manga.
Actually... you know what. Same.
This author has no issues putting his girls in lewd positions but he ALWAYS cares about the feelings of any of the girls involved first.

Hell even with Kiriha, she was legit angry at Kanaka for getting a husband because she always thought Kanaka was gay.

All the early fanservice scenes in the school with the Amasogi happened around Kazuya. Not when his two school buddies were around, because the two school buddies were just horndogs who didn't care about the girls. They conveniently were never in the room or just not around.

Hell, Kazuya was never in a lucky pervert situation with the Crystal Ball, because the Crystal Ball clearly has a thing for her "brother" the scissors.

etc. etc.

I think trying to paint him as a callous author who just does lewd shit while not caring about its impact on the grander narrative is disrespectful of the past chapters.
Weirdly enough, kinda think you do. Thereā€™s nothing to stop Sunao from having ā€œthigh sexā€ with Kazuya or anyone else , so why would swordboy raping Sunao automatically pair them? Does Kotetsu now own her ā€œvirtueā€?

It doesnā€™t matter.
Again, Kotetsu was also under influence.
It matters narratively.
The author made this decision already.

Of course he could just write it so that whole thing's ignored, but then why set this up here? Is that satisfying?
He made the scenario the way he did on purpose after all.

Personally, I'd be unhappy if Kazuya stole Sunao from Kotetsu, because Kazuya never showed open interest, however Kotetsu has b4, and now he's finally getting "rewarded" for that devotion to his master.

People sometimes tell me I should get it permanently attached, but I don't know. Even though sometimes it's a pain in the ass, I like having a detachable penis.

Dex-chan lover
And while itā€™s played for laughs like most of these situations, she was raped dude. She literally couldnā€™t disobey him, and the first thing she did when the got out of the rape dimension was beat the shit out of him. Thatā€™s not really the best beginning of a ship and it would make even less sense if they got together.
Not been reading manga long? This is a very, very common trope.

Aggregator gang
error? not sure
(last panel of page 12 & first panel of page 13 have the same text)

PL1T0x0.png

in any case, thanks for the chapter!

Power Uploader
And the no-insertion idiots will actually believe it lol.
What do you mean by that? I don't usually read through Tsugumomo comments page but that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

We are guessing author's intentions now? If the author says there is no insertion then there is no insertion. Whatever the author writes is canon. If the next chapter had a text box saying Kazuya is a girl without making any changes to him, he will be that. Why are you guys going "hmmm but I think the author was thinking-"

This just reminded me of One Piece fans on Twitter and I fucking hate it. Oda himself can appear in front of them and tell them what he meant and the fans will still say he's wrong.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean by that? I don't usually read through Tsugumomo comments page but that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

We are guessing author's intentions now? If the author says there is no insertion then there is no insertion. Whatever the author writes is canon. If the next chapter had a text box saying Kazuya is a girl without making any changes to him, he will be that. Why are you guys going "hmmm but I think the author was thinking-"

This just reminded me of One Piece fans on Twitter and I fucking hate it. Oda himself can appear in front of them and tell them what he meant and the fans will still say he's wrong.
Hmmm... I want to link the chapter that got me thinking this way. But you're right. Nothing beats word of god.

Dex-chan lover

Did you ever read the Tsugumomo material from the author that isn't hosted on mangadex? Because doing so makes it easier to understand why people think this whole "thigh sex" or "no insertion" stuff to be more of a joke than factual reality.

Power Uploader
Did you ever read the Tsugumomo material from the author that isn't hosted on mangadex? Because doing so makes it easier to understand why people think this whole "thigh sex" or "no insertion" stuff to be more of a joke than factual reality.
Plenty of manga have R-18 pixiv art by the author themselves where FMC gets railed by 50 men with BBCs. And none of those are considered canon. Who cares if author made one art piece of the characters actually having sex? Anything not in the manga is not cannon. Author even went the extra mile to clarify that they didn't have sex. There's no point in pondering whether or not author giggled while writing "no insertion".

Dex-chan lover
Thats a very autistic take. Feel free to go by that, but as i said, don't be surprised if people follow a different route because the author makes it stupidly convenient with the uncensored panels of the manga pages he occasionally posts.

Users who are viewing this thread