Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 8 Ch. 65

Double-page supporter
I think the name fits, though not for the reason your talking about, it's very similar to the term "zerg rush" which comes from starcraft originally but is now used commonly in gaming communities.
The term means a leader/evil lord sending out massive amounts of cannon fodder that themselves might be strong but not strong enough on their own to win, but in mass numbers can overwhelm their foe, what was described in the story was a typical "zerg rush" where the leader of the monsters would lead them to attack the town in large numbers overwhelming their defenders.

This is actually a type of military tactic that the soviet union was known to employ especially in ww2, though it didn't always work.
I'm well aware of the roots of the term "zerg" in starcraft. I used the MMO use of it though due to both the setting and the MC's apparent familiarity with similar MMO terminology as seen in previous chapters

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the change from Zork to Zerg is fine. Zork makes me think of dork or a spork lol. Then again, Zerg just makes me think of StarCraft 😂

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Apart from the grue guy there's also Zorc the yu-gi-oh antagonist... who happens to be one we meet in a tabletop game arc.
I think it's at least plausible that "Zorc" is intended, and if there's no dakuten in the raws it should probably be kept.

Dex-chan lover
Found some random sites that list "ゾーク - Zorch - 完全なる破壊", meaning "complete destruction"
http://rpgdirectory.blog2.fc2.com/blog-entry-4.html
https://wordgather.blog.ss-blog.jp/2010-07-27
(the lists are all probably borrowing from each other though)
Can't find anything on Google about how it would have ever gotten onto a Japanese list in the first place, not to mention it's not exactly a common word.
Since the kanji in this series is listed as 夢壊, the "destruction" part does line up

"Zorch" is technically a real (slang) term, though all sources suggest that in English it would use the "ch" sound (as in cheese) and not the "k" sound, so I'm not sure how would have carried over into Japanese as "zooku" either (and not ゾーチ zoochi)

There's this move from the game Another Eden, アイシクルゾーク"Icicle Zorch" (https://anothereden.wiki/w/Icicle_Zorch). Presumably the English comes from the official English localization so it might be an acceptable reference, but I'm not totally certain

Also in the manga Slayers there's a character who uses the move 海王滅殺斬(ダルフ・ゾーク) (darufu zooku), but I'm not sure if there's any relation. This character also has the move 海王槍破撃(ダルフ・ストラッシュ) (darufu sutorasshu), where "sutorasshu" (strash?) is about as equally meaningless as "zooku" and yet somehow also appears in other franchises (like in the game Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai)

Dex-chan lover
I don't agree with using Zerg. This is not a meta RPG isekai full of direct references and dedicated to exploring the tropes of the genre, therefore "adjusting" the names to make them sound familiar diminishes from the otherworldliness of the setting. Translating Zooku for Zerg would make sense if, in the context of Japanese culture, Zooku had a cultural identity whose equivalent in English culture was Zerg.
Zooku feels like a japanese version of an english word, like say, Zook, Zuk, Zork or the like. This is just my opinion, but I think they were trying to use a term that was similar to "zerg" without actually using it. Whether that gives the okay for the translator to just call it Zerg or not is up for debate, but that's my two cents on this.

Dex-chan lover
i like zerg better, it instantly defines itself to quite a few people where zork is unknown to everyone until the author defines it

Dex-chan lover
You just can't dislike the archer character now he went from the asshole everyone wanted to die to the sarcastic best friend. Wtf is this character development and why do I love it so much. He kind of reminds me of Usopp from One Piece

I don't agree with using Zerg. This is not a meta RPG isekai full of direct references and dedicated to exploring the tropes of the genre, therefore "adjusting" the names to make them sound familiar diminishes from the otherworldliness of the setting.
Depends on if this is a real in universe term people of this world would know or if this is a game term he's using. If he's using terms he's familiar with I'd say it being familiar is better, though if it's an actual term in this world then I think your point makes sense.

As for me, I'm more used to the "zerg" term in relation to RTSs than MMOs where it's the opposite (lots of little guys instead of 1 big guy) so it felt weird to name a higher tier boss monster after the "rush" strategy, at least until I got to the explanation page. I do agree though that "zork" isn't much better.

Dex-chan lover
I don't agree with renaming something because it sounds "dumb."
Also, Zork is the name of the dream lord's second evolution, but I can already see people in the comments confusing it with a dungeon break. Especially because the translator used Zerg as a verb in the line "It was as if their aim was to cause a zerg."
It's just going to cause confusion and is unecessary in my opinion.

Supporter
you think he's gonna die? ha, bro this guy is about as suspect as they get. he's clearly leading the mc on because he knows the mc is a threat to his plans. he's keeping an eye on the mc and misleading him by throwing the guild and nobles under the bus. think about how suspicious he's been since the start. the mc is clearly not a very good judge of character.
That I never noticed it, the thing is her (I think in a previous chapter it was a she) didnt give any sus vibes… may be im being misled myself xD.

Aggregator gang
As others have said zerg is fine, if you play mmos you very likely know what it means. Also it is not much different from the translation that someone else shared, where zork/zochi means destruction. Likely it is just the japanese equivalent slang term for the exact same thing that english speakers use (zerg). So i say stick with zerg since it is more than likely the exact same thing given the context in its use.

Users who are viewing this thread