Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 8 Ch. 65

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Zooku vs. Zerg...does there really need to be any reference or familiarity connecting to another existing franchise? Zooku sounds fine. Honestly, Zork sounds a little silly.
i mean i knwo its from a franshize but i think it became one of those words that are a standard. like you either use "horde" or "zerg" i think to most people thats the commmon word(certainly in gaming)

Dex-chan lover
Zerg is the right term here.
Zerg is a faction from Starcraft, one of the famous thing about Zerg is the "Zerg rush" by using a massive amount of Zergling to attack.
this is so famoust that even Google has a special Easter egg, try typing Zerg rush into the search bar and ready for a fun mini game.

I find it weirdly funny that I found the word Zerg entirely natural (cause I'm a gaming addict expert as well) and the note regarding the terms Zooku/Zork for the chapter weird, I've enjoyed the quality of the scans from you guys!
You can see the effort put in, thanks for the new chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh...I think I understand! So the bad guys are trying to trying to wake up Gozer!?:meguupog:

The Dream Lord is actually Zuul The Gatekeeper!
We're just missing the Keymaster! :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Zork? Zoke? Zouk?! Two more lines and ゾーク could've been ゾーグ (Zerg) and we wouldn't be this confused :notlikethis:

I searched Zork and it seems to be a popular text-based adventure game in its time. If it was popular, I think that's enough reason to reference it. But of course I wouldn't exactly know. Maybe the author mis-romanized Zerg instead since Engrish is a thing.

My general stance on translating terms though, is to keep the words, unless we have a clear equivalent (even if we actually know what ゾーク is, I'm not a fan of changing it to Zerg even if I like playing as them in SC lol). Changing terms just because they sound weird or unrelatable to us is unreasonable for me.

bRxlAvi.png

I disagree with using Zerg for the very simple reason being that it's not what they say. Zerg is zaagu [ザーグ], not zooku [ゾーク], which is pretty distinctly different in Japanese. In any case, I vote for keeping it as Zork/Zorc.

For all we know, it's an in-universe term, and isn't meant to have a real-world counterpart, but just make it sound cooler or easier to remember than "dream break". If we're grasping at straws for a reference, it could be one to the demon lord Zorc from the Yu-Gi-Oh! tactical RPG

I think it should be left as Zork. It's clearly an old school RPG reference, not a Starcraft reference. Zoomers can Google it if they don't get it.

Dex-chan lover
Zorc is a thing in Yu-gi-oh. Not sure if it's based on something else but dark lords named being called Zorc can't be a coincident.

Double-page supporter
Wtf are people complaining about?
It's totally fine to call it a zerg. Who cares that It's a "Reference" It's a term widely used by a lot of people since it's reception.
"battle through the use of overwhelming numbers"

"Every town I go to this happens... because I'm tracking them of course, not because I'm causing them... Did I mention I have no leads?"
Hmm... I don't see what you mean. What's even slightly suspicious about this guy? :dogkek:
Same he still sus

Dex-chan lover
Random thought just popped into my mind about these events:

As there are some out of control dream world dungeons in areas seldom explored, is there a possibility of some either human-looking monster or a shapeshifting monster transformed into human form that is going around and causing chaos?
:thonk:

For the A-rank adventurer, obviously she seems suspicious, but then what would be her motive? Just wants to kill everyone and lose more and more habitable land to monsters for kicks? Like, unless she just wants to watch the world burn, I don't see the point of her going out of her way to reach rank A just to cause chaos and destruction in that kingdom. The only other thing I could think of is that she's a spy for a rival kingdom and is deliberately causing the downfall of this kingdom to get an "annoyance" out of the way (as they can't claim the current kingdom's land if it gets overrun by zergs invasions). While there are tons of holes in her story, there's also tons of holes in what would be her motive for being the culprit too.

Dex-chan lover
zerg was 100% the right choice for the translation, it reads better and is related to what we're seeing visually

Dex-chan lover
This is several months late and I doubt the scanlator will check this, but Zork also might be referring to the antagonist of the final major arc of YuGiOh Duel Monsters, Zork Necrophades.

Zork was meant ot be summoned by gathering hte seven millenium items, which were themselves, made by sacrificing many lives. And it's the embodiment of darkness that lead entire armies, so it might fit there.

Contributor
"Reported to the guild through Kalos"
If she's really sus, then none of that info would make its way to Harlein. Given that Kalos already accused the marquis family and the guild, it would be weird if she actually reported it. It's very suspicious that she blames a mystery member of the guild who's conveniently missing. I can only think of revenge (on the guild and the ruling family of the city) as Kalos's motive given there are clues she had it rough when she was a newbie adventurer.

Maybe I'd like to see them form a party. But if this is the last time the four of them are joining up, so be it. Just enjoy this one night of celebration.

Users who are viewing this thread