Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Declaration

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I want to write something smart, but I'm drawing blanks. So have this Cat instead
images

Dex-chan lover
A man with a plan. I hope the plan is not to booze as much as he can.
To booze as much as one can, is what makes one a man. But now that the one whom they ban has begun to outran, the plan for their clan is to tra(i)n their dragon-fan in the samurai arts of japan.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone please spoil me the story, or at least tell me if this gets better or worse, since so far, me no likey.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I feel like this dude was always after Athena xd He's literally driving Est into the corner he is in now, while being fully aware of doing so
Same. It's pretty clear that that's the author's plan, with how he's making Est look like a malicious dickbag and Stardust like bullied underdogs, despite Est having some pretty legitimate grievances with them.

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand, it is interesting to see the exiled party member be the one who becomes the completely non-sensical dickbag. On the other hand, I don't really feel a lot of appeal from the other characters so the whole story just kind of treads water.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the scanlation

Edit: I really dislike how the story focuses so much on Daru and Athena*... Some "friend" Athena is choosing to turn her back on MC. Did it even occur to her that MC would strike out on his, and "powerless" as he was just wind up dying senselessly anyway?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can someone please spoil me the story, or at least tell me if this gets better or worse, since so far, me no likey.
Piece of shit declaration and page 13 should be rather obvious... that guild should wipe the floor when they get out, it's pretty slippery there now...

Edit: didn't read wn/&ln ahead, just acknowledging the elephant in the room...

Edit: Also, wow, "I believe in her now" and Athena got wet, that's great. * golf clap *
Meanwhile Est thought her whole life...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That whole speech about Athena trying to overcome her weakness and never giving up on her friends really pissed me off. The whole inception of this story was caused by the party kicking Est out and betraying him Athena’s oldest friend, because he was weak. And now they’re pissed because he’s angry they betrayed him. All I have to say is la-de-da cry my a fucking river.

Contributor
I am really disappointed in this story because I really want to see a true banisher side of the story.

Usually, the banishers are the dicks while the banished find freedom and peace. But in this story the banished one is just a dick.

Dex-chan lover
But in this story the banished one is just a dick
How come Est is a dick here if not only he was got rid off as "useless" (even though, it's proven so far he was carrying the party the whole time), then technically NTR-ed in front of his eyes when happily trying to show he can also be not only as a support but in front line.

Dude is broken, emotionally and in heart. Fuck them all with a cactus I'd say, especially Athena.

Only thing redeemable for the story is Est ending up with "Raphtalia level" significant other and banishers never really achieving their goal, but judging how story was carpet bombed with negative feedback, it's going to be poop, not like we don't have pretty clear situation on party relations now...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Same. It's pretty clear that that's the author's plan, with how he's making Est look like a malicious dickbag and Stardust like bullied underdogs, despite Est having some pretty legitimate grievances with them.
To be fair, it was a legitimate misunderstanding on his part, but Est is running on spite and vitriol right now. He just saw what he thought was his childhood friend and his buddy having relations just after he was kicked out, hard to think anything other than "They kicked me out because I was in the way of their love nest". He indeed needed to be kicked out because while dedicated buffers are nice, they're only viable if they have some secondary abilities (healing, debufffing, etc) like what he has now while before all he was able to do was dump all his boosts and then twiddle his thumbs.

As for Daru, I'm going to make a guess that this isn't his first rodeo and the last time is related to his wristband... calling it now, it was given to him/belonged to a dead friend during or shortly after a party collapse.
Also calling it that Daru is being a prick to draw as much of Est's ire away from the other two so that when everyone makes nice, there's no hurt feelings when he leaves.

As for Athena... she just had her childhood friend basically tell her she was worthless to her face out of spite after she already knows that she's barely half as good as when Est was in the party. When someone you care for aims to make it hurt and another stands up for you, especially one you didn't expect to, it throws you pretty hard.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sorry, this post is a bit longer but I just had to get this off my chest.

The problem is that the very core of the story doesn't work:
Athena tries to "save" him by treating him like scum and (surprise surprise) he dives into a dungeon and nearly dies.
If you're trying to focus on the party who exiled the op party member (I think the main theme will be cheat ability vs effort) you shouldn't make them friends or let them seperate in a friendly way.
The way it happened in this manga makes it impossible to like any of the party members.

Athena: In the way she parted with him she should realize that she left him with nothing. He lost his place to live (literally), his party members/friends and the love of his life (even if she doesn't know, she's still his best friend/childhood friend). There are two possible outcomes. Either he's total devastated or he starts to hate the people who treated him that way (I think he chose both after he even tried to reconcile and the "misunderstanding" happened). The author tried to make her the damsel in distress saved by the NTR-MC (saves her when she nearly dies, supports her, defend her in front of Est), but though she's Est's former best friend, she doesn't notice how broken he is and doesn't question what caused the change in his behaviour. Making Est the villain simply doesn't work!

Daru: Though he's supposed the MC who saves the day, he is the most detestable character in the story. In everything he does he seems to have ulterior motives. He is the one who knows all the truths and could solve all the "misunderstandings" but he doesn't. He knows that Est loves Athena and thus why Est is so angry but he doesn't tell Athena what happened that night (he's not "drowned in power"; nice try author). I think he's even intentionally provoking Est when he takes Athena in his arm in this chapter thinking about what happened that night. He treats Ets like a stranger and seems to be happy that he got rid of him ("Was this girl always such a cutie"). I think it's really hard to find someone who likes the thought that this "good" guy could actually suceed in winning Athena (except NTR fans).

The other ones are just lame side characters (especially the guileful elf).

Against the intention of the author Est is the only person you can sympathize with. For the rest of the party (who betrayed him and tried to make him the bad guy) you just wish the worst. Thus, the bad ratings are not really surprising because it's not fun to read a story about people you just have to hate and pretend they are heroes.

PS: Does anybody know how the story between the three of them ends (webnovel). Tried to read it but was not masochistic enough to finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread