Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - Rose Sign

Thanks for the update english chapter.
I hope next chapter will be the main plot, otherwise...
c85.jpg

I always see a lot of complaints about focusing on side characters in manga. I have to say, I don't like it a lot of the time either, but it IS sort of needed to develop the story. It's just that one chapter of manga takes a month to make, but these chapters usually fly by in novel form. Like this whole segment would be translated in like a month for experienced translators.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no she's sacrificing herself! Who she again?

Try counting the amount of chapters dedicated to these side characters, compared to the amount of characters available as a whole.
The Kumo isekai did the right choice of just skipping out on side chapters, lol.

@Fro5tburn The freedom to just skim out on uninteresting chapters is why I started reading more novels than manga, and more manga than anime, lol.

Aggregator gang
So the humans on the side of the goddess fighting demons not on the side of the MC... Does anyone really care?

Fed-Kun's army
@huyhuy14
ok, this is from the web novel because I honestly cant be asked to read this part about the other heros, ill spoiler but I shouldnt go beyond whats known here, or what will be known soon

Ok, so humans more or less attacked the demons, the demons put up more of a fight, the male hero sucks every dick presented to him because he was given an ability that allows him to make a harem he barely trained, he is also a rather large piece of shit, and if I remember right the story even says the nation he was put into/his watchers are pieces of shit, so if memory serves he left her/screwed her over.

In this fight, while they could handle it, one of the big bads of the demons side came out, and they could not handle it at all. to save her friends one of her teammates used an ability that uses your life to give you a VASTLY improved power base, though this is only enough to buy time for them the others to get out.

This incident scars the hero a bit, up to this point she never lost someone close to her

and that should summarize everything in these hero side chapters unless the manga is wildly different from the wn, which it doesn't seem to be.

I suggest reading the wn of this area, as it drags on FAR less than the manga does and for the most part lets you understand it better. but if memory serves right there is no reliable narrator and its been years since I read this so memory may be a bit cloudy, really the only part of the wn that was hard to understand was forest oni part because of stupid style decisions.

PoH

@Sweet_Seats @Baysiri
It's because you have two or three event happening at the same time. I agree that it can be confusing, rather than doing something like a flashback, the author decided to do it in chronological order. Because in this event, Makoto was literally dragged into a conflict he never even heard of. Like just imagine Makoto was traveling then suddenly he found himself in the middle of a battle that we never even hear.

Yes at this point the focus of the story diverge from solely about Makoto to the War between the human vs the devil, the other two heroes, and how those thing interact with Makoto and co.

Dex-chan lover
I wish the mangaka would just remove Makoto from the story for a good 10+ chapters, so all the whiny posters might finally leave and let the rest of us enjoy proper story-telling in peace.

Dex-chan lover
They did a popularity vote once on the characters and MC's followers were at the top, followed by the MC and then maybe Hibki.
Or at least I think that was the order. I do know that the author did side chapters to show where the MC's followers were up to, while the MC was elsewhere. When it came to Mio's chapter he HAD to make it twice as long or a double cus of her popularity.

All that being said: this battle is a single important global event that influences ALL the characters. The result of which has a big influence of behavior and character development.
Not sure if any of this can be take as spoilers but here is a tag.
For Hibiki (one of the three heros this stroy follows), the loss of an important alley in this fight weighs on her and drives her to better herself.
For The Trash hero we, and Hibiki, find how useless and cowardly he is when it matters.
For Makoto, this is a wake up call to his slow life that he had been living somewhat recently. It is a reminder that the world is at war and he can't always stay out of it. And that BUG still exists, and can interfere in his life at a whim.

This battle is an important event in relation to the Demon army invasion and is important for the world building. In my opinion this was fine for the WN but it should have been summed up in flashes or, in full, on a single chapter. Flipping back and forth AND dragging it out over several chapters that are monthly, really kills any tension that should be built during the MC's fight. This fight of Makoto's is suppose to be quite intense and hasn't even really begun. Makoto's fight really should be the focus right now IMO.

This should be the last we see of Hibiki's side, and the story should switch to focuses on the MC's fight now. The next few chapters should be Makoto's high tension fight.

Fed-Kun's army
@CelticMutt

I am reading this thing solely because I feel invested in Makoto. While some people might happily suck up any dirt they encounter like a vacuum cleaner, try to understand that some people actually care about how the stories they consume might progress.

Users who are viewing this thread