Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 4 - The Last Job (1)

Dex-chan lover
Feels a little contrived that the detective was following the suspect who just happened to be gleefully watching video he took while committing the crime, so naturally the twist is that isn't what actually happened.

Question is, which route are we going here? Detective as murderer would just be a repeat of last time. Wild guess, what if the woman in the affair killed the wife/kids so she could have the husband to herself, and the Detective is desperate to frame the husband because he wants the woman from the affair?

Dex-chan lover
After the prologue it seems it's not a mystery who the "surprise" bad guy is going to be. And maybe that's intentional. Just wonder how long can this gimmick last.

Dex-chan lover
Yall are stupid, it wasn't gonna get axed. Seems like the culprit is deceivingly easy to find out.
I have no reason why people think it was axed. It started three weeks ago and the first volume hasn't even been released yet. It should be out November 15th. If people want to avoid this manga getting axed, they can buy the first volume to support it at places like Amazon.

Dex-chan lover
LOL i wonder how many policeman rely on lie detectors when ppl always talk about how inaccurate it is (plus if he's a sociopath who's good at hiding his emotions, i imagine they're easy to fool), then again Japan is the kinda place where ppl draw fortunes on new years but i assumed that was more of a 'tradition' thing as opposed to some faithful believers thinking it'll set your luck for the rest of the year (even tho at least one supernatural/esper exists in this world lol)

Yall are stupid, it wasn't gonna get axed. Seems like the culprit is deceivingly easy to find out.
LOL ppl probably saw 'last job' and rushed to conclusions tho i assume 'axing' is last minute for some series to the point where the author wouldn't have had time/made it obvious in the title or so (although apparently they've done a handful of successful stuff before so it seems like it'd be too sudden to to cancel a series that's just getting started unless a similar incident happened in real life with Japanese news to where it'd be considered insensitive to air/make last minute changes)

although while it could stop at 3 chapters as a stand alone/mini series

Wonder how easy it was for her to get a job there , if she didn't blackmail the owner or so, or just randomly showed up disguised to where later it's like "that girl doesn't even work here" (if she's talking to the detective i wonder if he's secretly involved or close to someone with a cover up or ending up manipulating him/passing info to where he'd get 'revenge/justice'), if she doesn't have some kinda 'temptation' power to bring out rage or so against someone as opposed to just reading minds

Maybe she’ll be the last missing piece for him to solve this case…by kinda cheating.

Although the Lie Detector part felt pretty silly, is it admissible in Japanese court?
I mean, this is a country where a 'haunted' apartment building gives you discounts on rent. although if they're 'corrupt' they could easily lie about it, i've seen one live action drama where one guy was beaten until he 'confessed' but this isn't that cop focused of a manga so i don't think it'l l touch on that

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
suspect who just happened to be gleefully watching video he took while committing the crime
I'd assumed that he got the video from the news or police reports, and hadn't even considered that he could've taken them himself.

Looking back at how indistinct the video is (to us), it might even be the case that it isn't even of the crime, and the detective was disturbed by the husbands behaviour in public rather than the video. Which would make sense as to why the detective says it's a "gut feeling" rather than "I saw him watching a video of him committing the crime" (even if the way he found that out isn't allowed, I'd assume he'd tell his higher-ups so that they know this isn't just some hunch")

Dex-chan lover
Well if you wanted a lie detector...
I imagine there'll be at least one 'fakeout' where she sees images of torture but they're just intrusive thoughts/the person in question hadn't actually done anything (then again, she did say she gives ppl a '3 strike' rule). Maybe she'll save someone who's contemplating suicide too but that's a bit diff than 'punishment' if that's all she cares about
Gonna be real disappointed if it turns out the husband did it. Although at least it would be a fuck-you to lie detector test believers.
He was literally sleeping with another woman at the time? even if he or the lady he was having an affair with had 'motive', it'd probably be like done by a hitman (although idk if Spica-chan would kill the person doing the hiring too), and at the park the kid staring didn't seem to recognize the person (unless we'll get another POV later with the reveal, b/c other than extreme and being an arsonist, it'd be easier for a husband to poison his family versus being violent in a public park [although other than in a deep forested area or so or them being knocked out before being burned you'd think the screaming/smell of smoke would alert /some/ ppl versus the husband conveniently being the first to discover it])

Feels a little contrived that the detective was following the suspect who just happened to be gleefully watching video he took while committing the crime, so naturally the twist is that isn't what actually happened.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 'projection' and the detective saw what he wanted to see or him 'awakening' to a sadistic/messed up side, if not "well my marriage was falling apart anyways so i feel 'relieved' someone took care of the problem for me", or maybe "Since i was harassed/accused , even tho i wasn't charged, it still ruined my life/reputation and made me go crazy" to where he ended up strangling someone else (if it's the same person she 'bumped' into last chapter)

Maybe she’ll be the last missing piece for him to solve this case…by kinda cheating.

Although the Lie Detector part felt pretty silly, is it admissible in Japanese court?
As far as i know, the lie detector is more of a heart rate measurement, so i wonder if it'd read as 'off' if you had like low blood pressure. Although i imagine the standard would be to "tell a lie on purpose' to get a measurement but after being told that feels like ppl could adjust themselves, or if someone was telling the truth but actually 'distraught' and charged for that or so

(also minor nitpick, idk if it's maybe b/c the container is complete white but that coffee container looks a bit weird/off unless it's not clear and has some kinda hidden drug in it lol)

Dex-chan lover
My guess is that the husband is really the killer, so the detective is right, but for entirely wrong reasons and motives. MC will help him uncover the truth before either he retires or die on the job.

Users who are viewing this thread