Tsumi to Batsu no Spica - Ch. 4 - The Last Job (1)

I'm just dropping in real quick here to remind everyone that polygraph tests are complete bullshit popularized by a guy who used them to shill razor blades and who is better known as the creator of Wonder Woman. Even the 80% accuracy figure given in this chapter is a massive overstatement of their efficacy trotted out by defenders of the polygraph, seemingly without recognizing that, even if this figure were true, a 1 in 5 chance of a catastrophic fuck-up is actually quite bad.

Oh, and I dig Spica's work hairstyle. Way to rock those braids, protagonist-chan.
Lmao, never have I ever seen such comical bullshit from an advertisement. No, I probably have but damn.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. I suspect that twist will that Spica is after Detective who's killing suspects from old cases he didn't solve. Last Job is about how he plans to kill that husband not solve the case.

Dex-chan lover
I Hope the protagonist isn't Spica, but changes with every arc.
I mean her name is in the title, so it's probably her going around taking care of other 'misbuttons' as opposed to someone else happening to 'punish' ppl that the police don't
Do Japanese cops actually use polygraphs?
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't anymore but if the mangaka is aware of it , unless they took it from like american/western crime/detective movies/series, i imagine it might be a thing that was used in multiple countries

https://www.polygraphis.com/WebsiteFAQ.htm Did find this, it does mention japan but even if it wasn't 'valid in court' or so, i wouldn't be surprised if some cops did it as a 'bluff' or so to intimidate the suspects or so

Users who are viewing this thread