Two Saints Wander off Into a Different World - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
I dunno about Maki-Maky, but I feel like most should know how to read hepburn by now.
I mean, you don't write sake(drink) "Sakay", do you?

Dex-chan lover
these girls really just upped and left without a second thought eh.... good for them

Contributor
Dab on dem haters and that Beholder knockoff too.

Fed-Kun's army
Jeepers, certainly nobody who reads manga has even a basic grasp of Japanese pronunciation. 😉
Cone bon wah, meanuh san! Bow coo wah Meesuetaw Ehkoosoo! Dough mow arrow gat toe! Shit sue ray she mah sue! Ah bah yo!

@Archomp @MisterXiado

The issue isn't that we don't think readers can understand "Chiharu" and "Maki." We're simply trying to distinguish between the use of kanji (native speaker) and katakana (foreign speaker). Normally, we would ignore this kind of thing, but since there was a joke in Ch 2 (essentially the two of them snickering at how the isekai characters butchered Chiharu's name), we had to carry over "Chihaaru" into English. And since we thought it was kind of weird to only write Chihaaru's name in a foreign way, we chose "Maky" for マキ. If our note didn't make that clear, hopefully this clarifies things.

Dex-chan lover
i agree with the maki/maky change. personally i'd say the distinction between their "real" names and the "butchered" names that they get called by is a valuable distinction, even if it's pretty minor.

Dex-chan lover
Hope the landlocked Prince and Princess is gonna get some sort of punishment from thier Father because if i know just a Little about politics its that 3 What seems like major nations deciding to cut All diplomatic relations to your country is a hella lot of trouble and not only that if they All soround that nation and nobody allowed in and out All trade with the outside world is fucked

Dex-chan lover
question: whats the difference between a Gazer and a Beholder?

I wonder why they used the arrogant prince and princess' names for their disguise. They did use their names right? or am i wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread