Uchida-san wa Zettai ni Gyaru Janai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
Did he ever give a reason why he doesn't like her because the gyaru mindset thing wasn't even a reason he just said she wasn't a real gyaru. I'm just confused
He's attracted to the "fantasy" or "Idea" of a Gyaru the same way a lot of people are attracted to the idea of a Tomboy. An archetype rather than an actual person.
He knows what she's really like so he can't superimpose the fantasy onto her.
Or:
Imagine you have a female friend (Stay with me here, I know a lot of us manga nerds have no frame of reference like that :pacman: ) who is extraordinarily girly. Like, only ever wears pink, constantly obsesses over her appearance, has a bubbly personality.
Now imagine this friend is someone who have known for a notable amount of time, and have absolutely zero romantic inclinations towards whatsoever. She's just a friend. You can't fathom the idea of her ever being anything else.

One day she runs up to you dressed like an athlete, with her hair cut short and with a tan, and outright tells you she's become a tomboy for the sole purpose of getting with you. Then, as you spent more time around her in this faux-tomboy state, it becomes more and more and more obvious that it she isn't really a tomboy at all. She has no interest in boyish things or sports and can only go so far with her fitness because she doesn't like getting toned and losing her soft skin. It becomes painfully clear that she's just putting on a show (badly) to woo you. She's the exact same person you knew before, just pretending as hard as she can to be your ideal fantasy of a woman.
On the one hand, a lot of the #foreveralone folk in the otaku scene would probably be ecstatic regardless. However, a lot of people would also be just plain weirded out at best, and disturbed and repulsed at worst. MC clearly falls into the latter category, though on the less extreme end of it. He's got the hots for a specific type of woman and KNOWS she isn't one of them, and could never hope to be one of them. Granted, I'm sure as the story goes on we'll see how he figures out that isn't really a problem.

Dex-chan lover
:pepehmm:well, at least he's feeling guilt...
now, either reject her outright and make her move on or put in some effort to make this would be relationship work.

Dex-chan lover
He's attracted to the "fantasy" or "Idea" of a Gyaru the same way a lot of people are attracted to the idea of a Tomboy. An archetype rather than an actual person.
He knows what she's really like so he can't superimpose the fantasy onto her.
Or:
Imagine you have a female friend (Stay with me here, I know a lot of us manga nerds have no frame of reference like that :pacman: ) who is extraordinarily girly. Like, only ever wears pink, constantly obsesses over her appearance, has a bubbly personality.
Now imagine this friend is someone who have known for a notable amount of time, and have absolutely zero romantic inclinations towards whatsoever. She's just a friend. You can't fathom the idea of her ever being anything else.

One day she runs up to you dressed like an athlete, with her hair cut short and with a tan, and outright tells you she's become a tomboy for the sole purpose of getting with you. Then, as you spent more time around her in this faux-tomboy state, it becomes more and more and more obvious that it she isn't really a tomboy at all. She has no interest in boyish things or sports and can only go so far with her fitness because she doesn't like getting toned and losing her soft skin. It becomes painfully clear that she's just putting on a show (badly) to woo you. She's the exact same person you knew before, just pretending as hard as she can to be your ideal fantasy of a woman.
On the one hand, a lot of the #foreveralone folk in the otaku scene would probably be ecstatic regardless. However, a lot of people would also be just plain weirded out at best, and disturbed and repulsed at worst. MC clearly falls into the latter category, though on the less extreme end of it. He's got the hots for a specific type of woman and KNOWS she isn't one of them, and could never hope to be one of them. Granted, I'm sure as the story goes on we'll see how he figures out that isn't really a problem.
Ohh that makes a lot more sense actually. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
I really like the FMC character design, especially with the hair. Hopefully author can be successful enough to warrant a full release

Dex-chan lover
It's sound to me he at the moment se her as a friend (and he seems to consider her at least) but is confused because about the rest because:
1) her reasons didn't made sense for him (yeah yeah, there are people that feel attraction based on mental connection and interests, but he is a teen and probably don't know that.)
2) she talks to casually about her feelings for him, so maybe he don't feels she is serious about it
3) she is trying to change for him, but he never asked exact that. And feels it's unnatural (also, it's seems he feels it's not exactly good for her to make that effort)
Also, she assume he is into gyaru… because he is into a specific gyaru character. And she seem the genre to completely ignore what he would say even if he told her he isn’t into them in general or IRL… xD

Dex-chan lover
Also, she assume he is into gyaru… because he is into a specific gyaru character. And she seem the genre to completely ignore what he would say even if he told her he isn’t into them in general or IRL… xD
To be honest it's sound more like a fetish thing to me.

Double-page supporter
The new girl was fun until she started hating the mc because the heroine liked him even tho the mc doesnt want her. Like did she seriously flush down her ability to think in the toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread