Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Ch. 16 - Different Views

Fed-Kun's army
And this is how the rumbling starts.

but rly tho she was reborn with a pure mind and gets bullied without knowing why
that's cruel

No, the clone knows why. She may not understand how human feelings have developed some of the factual events and their proceedings though.
Her saying "who" is what she calculated would be the easiest or least troublesome way for everyone (the whole class) to move forward. Hopefully one and done, or she'll shoulder the hate and/or trouble. MC will probably see this continually over time then be unable to stand it (the human element), will act to help her, then the AI may act counter to him towards the original assigned goal.

Dex-chan lover
Frankly, at this rate, there needs some weird twist with the MC being mind controlled into liking Haru after their initial encounter. He's gone well past the point of being able to justify his "love" for this alien in any conceivable way. His life has been objectively nothing BUT worse since he got involved with her, to the point of absolute absurdity.

Like, it was one thing when wacky shit as going on. It was even semi-acceptable when Karagaki died because you could argue he was kind of in shock to really comprehend it. But now his best mate basically went and offed himself and it is 100% objectively in every conceivable way because of him and his sociopathic alien so-called-gf.

If the author tries to pull out the "I'm in love with her" card with him again I'm fuckin' done. He's becoming so far gone from anything reasonable that its completely killing my suspension of disbelief. Frankly, the whole serious would have been better if they completely nixed the love aspect from the offset, or immediately discarded it the moment he found out what she was, and treated the whole thing as a horror story where he's only staying around her because he's terrified of what will happen if he leaves her on her own. Which at this point, it feels like where he SHOULD be mentally, but he hasn't actually made any such statement yet and that makes me fear at some point they'll just pull out the love card again to rationalize him acting in an anti-human-logic manner.

Self-preservation instinct should have kicked in at some point. Motherfucker should have tried to put as much distance between himself and the emotionless heartless alien AT LEAST ONCE by now. No amount of idealistic "love" could overcome the dread that would come hand-in-hand with staring down the kind of overwhelming threat he's spending most of his time next to at this point. You can't even begin to justify any of this with him "not being a good person", this is him outright not behaving like a human being in his situation would.

Fuck man, people say the Imperium of Man is too much but this is making me think Big E had it right from the offset.
yeah but the alien is hot

Dex-chan lover
I have to say I am bloody loving the psychological horror and philosophy of this series.
Although showing the alien girl the worst of humanity maybe not the brightest idea, your just setting yourself up to end up dumping her; then her getting mad and going Yandere and alien invasion with human extermination or enslavment.
I mean like why is she really there to begin with, I'd say its most likely resonance; as no alien species smart enough to travel would come in peace, we can just look at our own history for that.
f11afdd5bd358fed6218869ceb55812b4f478a5cad076439c96c0528e7e27e99.jpg

Thanks everyone at Speedstar Scanlation for the translation
wait, wait, wait. Our own history isn't a good standard to go by for judging how aliens would think about meeting us. That isn't because they are alien but because our history of extermination and enslavement is COMPLETELY incompatible with interstellar travel. The requirements for building and maintaining an empire is the ability for reasonably quick communication with the central authority of the empire as well as the ability to distribute resources within the empire in a timely manner. The motivation for empire building is economic, everything else stated is justification. You conquer because you want their resources or them as a resource.

Now, lets look at the reality of space travel, not the sci-fi ideal of being able to travel anywhere instantly by breaking the laws of physics but the reality as we know it. Communication between star systems would take decades even for nearby ones and transport would be even longer. Moving between them would require making a completely self sustaining environment able to support people for that time without even sunlight or any other resource. There would be no conquering or slave empires because, not only would it be pretty much impossible to do, once your advanced enough to try you don't benefit from it anymore.

That said, this is sci-fi, it took her a week to get something from her planet, so you could be right this case. Just felt the need to point out that the reason we don't see signs of alien empires in real life probably isn't because they are waiting to ambush us or they were killed off by something but because conquest and empires are the habits of species too primitive to successfully cross the stars.

Dex-chan lover
wait, wait, wait. Our own history isn't a good standard to go by for judging how aliens would think about meeting us. That isn't because they are alien but because our history of extermination and enslavement is COMPLETELY incompatible with interstellar travel. The requirements for building and maintaining an empire is the ability for reasonably quick communication with the central authority of the empire as well as the ability to distribute resources within the empire in a timely manner. The motivation for empire building is economic, everything else stated is justification. You conquer because you want their resources or them as a resource.

Now, lets look at the reality of space travel, not the sci-fi ideal of being able to travel anywhere instantly by breaking the laws of physics but the reality as we know it. Communication between star systems would take decades even for nearby ones and transport would be even longer. Moving between them would require making a completely self sustaining environment able to support people for that time without even sunlight or any other resource. There would be no conquering or slave empires because, not only would it be pretty much impossible to do, once your advanced enough to try you don't benefit from it anymore.

That said, this is sci-fi, it took her a week to get something from her planet, so you could be right this case. Just felt the need to point out that the reason we don't see signs of alien empires in real life probably isn't because they are waiting to ambush us or they were killed off by something but because conquest and empires are the habits of species too primitive to successfully cross the stars.
You are extremely well read and make many good points.
I honestly don't plan to debate you as I believe it would be a waste of time to speculate any more one such things.
As we will see the outcome of the manga soon enough, as for IRL I doubt we will see extraterrestrials in our lifetime.
However I can defiantly give credit where credit is due, your way of thinking is without a doubt reasonable and rather infallible.
Although I do hold the idea that the reason we haven't found alien life yet is due to it being exceedingly rare, partly due to the idea of the great filter.

Dex-chan lover
This manga shows how cruel humans can be than an Alien.. and I'm pretty sure that "cloning machine" already been developed by us human today but we only used it to Animals not human because of Human rights..
Too see is to believe. It will never be made and has never been. After all, no evidence.

What you are doing is actually called being superstitious.

Thanks for the chapter 😺

The main character should protect her, even the original Karagaki didn't deserve this kind of treatment, the main character is an asshole for not defending her. He could at least have called a teacher to stop the bullying. I hope the He gets the same treatment as the new Karagaki or worse.
Exactly! Og Karagaki was clearly troubled if she was showing so much risk-taking behavior, so she needed help more than anything.

People defaulting to "it's DARK coMEDy yOu wouLdN'T GeT IT" is such a cop out when we're 3 months and 16 chapters in and there hasn't been one funny scene
I saw the author tagged this as a romantic comedy themselves. If youread some of his other work (besides the Italian gf series), you get the idea he's got a pretty dark and edgy sense of humor so I can see why from his view this is basically a sitcom

Dex-chan lover
Why did you bring back the Comedy Tag??? It was finally removed after months and you brought it back???

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING COMEDY. Holy shit, why the fuck did the add it back. It's probably some Guro obsessed weirdo mod who thinks death is funny or something.
This is a comedy though. A comedy of errors!

Dex-chan lover
Winners don't write stories about themselves anyway, others will.

Side note its pretty funny how often manga focus on bullying and make it out to be hell on earth really goes to show what kind of kids turn into mangaka

Dex-chan lover
If that were true, I'd get off reading your drivel.

But I didn't.

Well let's hear it then, give me a list of every page you thought had a joke/something funny on it in this series. Show me the "humor" and explain why it's funny to you. I'll be surprised if you can even point to more than a couple that aren't complete "how the fuck is this funny" moments.

Dex-chan lover
Too see is to believe. It will never be made and has never been. After all, no evidence.

What you are doing is actually called being superstitious.
What do you mean never? You never heard of it before?
I know it exist because I'm a biologist and basically seen one in action before with animals..
It's not exactly a cloning machine with AI like in this manga but cloning already exist in real world and real thing.. It exactly as I said before it already been done with Animals but not human.. Because y'now Ethics..

It even already writen on Wikipedia..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_animal_cloning

Or if you want some research I can share some..
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8117031/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9249891/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6469371/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5109382/

It's not superstitious, it's science..

Users who are viewing this thread