Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Hinoe Maseki

Double-page supporter
This series is very much not what I was expecting when I read that description. I'm here for it, but man, what a sidewinder.
That said, I'm starting to have a bit of suspension of disbelief torn away because you can't convince me this alien girl has been able to maintain her cover for as long as she had up until now.
Firstly, every single solution she has for her problems is to gib a mofo, yet somehow she hasn't actually done so up until this point as she was not aware humans do not reconstitute. That along is a bit sus. Then, on the flip side, despite having been there clearly for at least a school year's worth of time, she wasn't even aware of the most bare basics of human society, like how we go to the bathroom, or what we eat. Like, seriously, her job is to observe and study humanity and yet it never at any point clicked with her that she was the only one eating frogs? Or that everyone thought she was an anomaly to the point of literally nicknaming her "Alien"?
For someone who is supposedly a researcher she's godawful at researching.

Dex-chan lover
For all we know, it could work by erasing ALL of their memories.
Didn’t she also reveal her true form to other boys who confessed to her before erasing their memories? If it actually does erase ALL memories, we’d have to hear about some incident at school of students suddenly lay experiencing complete amnesia.

Dex-chan lover
Thats the dumbest lie imaginable
Why did he just tell her that she hurried off after meeting with him and now she disappeared so he needs help

Dex-chan lover
The level of technology and distance in terms of common sense between aliens and humans in this series reminds me of Three Point Body, where in the last book
even though humans learned just how frighteningly advanced, dangerous and incomprehensible alien civilization were and tried to protect themselves by hiding away from Earth, behind space time warping shields elsewhere in the solar system....human civilization was still destroyed when aliens decided to simply bend the entire solar system into the 2D plane.

BUT....the ridiculousness and sheer entertainment value reminds me more of Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.

Dex-chan lover
For all we know, it could work by erasing ALL of their memories.
But then why not state that? It’s weird that an option she previously used on someone to conveniently cover up her identity being discovered they’re not using on someone who may reveal that they’re murderers. Ik character writing can have its flaws with suspension of disbelief, but unless I missed them discussing it, it’s weird they haven’t considered that option.

Dex-chan lover
Alienate methodology: blast a gut to bits, reconstruct the girl in two weeks- harrm! I mean, HAREM.

Dex-chan lover
Yea, how the fuck was this the best they could come up with, this story wouldn't fit with his alibi with the BF of looking for her together afterwards.

Just say: tried to convince her to come to the party, she declined, it got heated, she ran off, and hasn't been seen since, but we think she's with some other guy, try to keep quiet until we find out more.

Could have literally used the same alibi as with the BF and it would have fit.

Dex-chan lover
...is it bad that when she came in ready to kill her, i went:
''...yep! thats fair....''
like...she fucked aroudn and is about to find out

Dex-chan lover
Alien's got a quick hand
She'll look around the room, but won't tell you her plan
She's got a decomposition gun
Finger on the trigger, she's an alien kid, yeah

She got a storage bracelet
In her alien ship, and with a box of fun things
I don't even know what
But she's coming for you, yeah, she's coming for you..

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run outrun my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run faster than my finger

Users who are viewing this thread