Under the Oak Tree

Huh. You know, if we take out the monsters, this is exactly like those historical romance novels my mom (and I, in secret) used to read.
It's like someone took one of those plots and made a manga out of it. I like~

Now that I think of it, I can't quite put my finger on the difference between eastern romance novels and western ones. Maybe the lack of shyness when it comes to smut in a female-demographic novel? It's not just the western setting, since a lot of manga have that and don't give this feel.

What is it? It feels very discreet...hmm...

I like this way more than I thought I would. Especially love a female lead that is differently abled and looking forward to seeing how she grows into herself.

I really enjoyed this! Didn’t expect it but I like how upfront they are with the FL’s insecurities and inner thoughts

i hope he goes crazy on her crappy father when he finds out. You can tell he loves her but its so hard to watch her fight her battles. Maxie we are fighting for you!!!

i really love the novel, so i'm really happy to see that it was adapted :)
both "lucia" and "under the oak tree" are heartwarming josei ^^

Enjoyable start but can't really judge it yet due to the lack story.

I am enjoying the romance though.

I kinda want them to talk more and have a healthy relationship but then again we're only at chapter 12. maybe that's for later.
I LOVE this series tho.

Theu seriously need to have a talk. It's getting a bit annoying now especially because the chapters seem pretty short as well.

Liking this for the most part, though slightly worried with how the romance is developing. It seems like Rifton only "loves" Maxi in a sexual way, and it feels at times like he treats her like an object.

Aggregator gang
i hate seeing all the ptsd kinda stuff cos its really... real
like how she keeps putting herself down and how she keeps comparing everything to how she was treated
really depressing, like girl i wish you would stop cos its sad but at the same time i get it why and it hurts

Users who are viewing this thread