Unnamed Memory - Ch. 35 - The Side of Me Unbeknownst to You (1)

I don't understand :wtf:
So, a few things were explained in this chapter:

1. Female mages/magic users are more stable in the long term than male mages. This is why there are only long-lived Witches instead of equally long-lived Wizards being around. For male mages instability in magic starts happening once they exceed normal human lifespan.

2. Lanak, being a man and a fairly strong mage is affected by instability in magic from being around so long despite his long magical sleep. So his mental faculty is not fully there a significant part of the time. Part of this degradation seems to be that he's not fully cognizant of what he did to Tinasha centuries ago, which is why he seems to trust Tinasha.

3. Tinasha is effectively creating her own little faction within Lanak's country (having secured loyal subordinates) and is up to shenanigans. Given that Tinasha likely isn't going along with Lanak to help him due to what he's done to her in the past, Tinasha is potentially setting up a full-up sabotage of the wide-scale magic that Lanak is trying to create.

Dex-chan lover
It seems like the bigwigs of the country woke Lanak up to use him as a figurehead and magical nuke.

And Tinaasha is doing some high stakes political bomb defusal to keep the nuke from doing too much damage, while at the same time dealing with the masterminds who should be accomplished mages themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Seems weird to reminisce like that at an assembly. Also seems weird for her to read during it, but that's Tinasha for you.

A good colour for her would probably not be black or white, but something that adds a bit more.

How to paint someone as a creep with one line.

Always fun to read all theories about what's going on.

Am really not a fan of this arc and how its being done
Me neither. It's my least favourite arc, mainly because it removes the main draw of the story, which is Tinasha's and Oscar's interactions. Sure, it might reinforce some things, but doesn't do much different. Although the LN dragged it out more, so this isn't too bad. Still feels slow since it's a monthly.

Double-page supporter
3. Tinasha is effectively creating her own little faction within Lanak's country (having secured loyal subordinates) and is up to shenanigans. Given that Tinasha likely isn't going along with Lanak to help him due to what he's done to her in the past, Tinasha is potentially setting up a full-up sabotage of the wide-scale magic that Lanak is trying to create.

I got the gist of something along these lines, but the main point of confusion I've got is how much time has passed. I can glean at least two weeks have passed from the exposition around Oscar's coronation, but I would think Tinasha would have needed a lot more time to have gone through the events were shown that got her those two supporters and then built a connection with them warranting that level of trust.

Dex-chan lover
but I would think Tinasha would have needed a lot more time to have gone through the events were shown that got her those two supporters and then built a connection with them warranting that level of trust.
Yeah, the LN has a bit more exploration of those characters (well, most characters), although I don't think it matters too much as long as you take it at face value. There are reasons she trusts them, and she's good enough at judging people.

As far as the time passed is concerning, the manga is very compressed. Although I think it's a good thing, since it dragged on a bit too much in the LN. There was a lot more about how Oscar handled things, how people around him reacted, and so on.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter.
It's interesting to see that Lanark doesn't seem to remember that he betrayed Tinassha...

For the people that read the LN? How was it in term of "writing quality". I'm debating if I should pick it up next.

Dex-chan lover
Why do creepy weirdos always think they'll have no trouble assaulting incredibly powerful women? How delusional do you need to be to think you could get away with attacking one of the most powerful beings in the world, just because she's got boobs?

Dex-chan lover
For the people that read the LN? How was it in term of "writing quality". I'm debating if I should pick it up next.
I enjoyed it. In terms of writing, since a light novel (meaning it's supposed to be easy to read and translated on top of that), it's not that elaborate, but it's pretty good. 7/10 or something like that if you're only counting the technical writing aspect. Actual content like characters and plot I'd rate higher, maybe 9/10.

Dex-chan lover
Hm, so male magic users are not stable in the long term, hence why Lanak ha gone cuckoo? but a normal guy getting his lifespan magically extended could work?

Anyways, i can't wait to see Tinasha ruin this guy's party and mop the floor with that creepy bastard lmao

Users who are viewing this thread