unOrdinary

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, btw the pacing got better at around chp 186, so if you dropped out of the series, feel free to skip to that chapter, I read the part I didn't mention out because there is pretty much almost no plot progression. Don't thank me because this comment kinda suck

MC says the other people are bad because they bullied him because they had mare power. MC gets overpowered, hey let's harass all the people who didn't/couldn't stop other people from bullying them. People on the webtoon app buy that. But I can't, wth is the use of that idiot bring the main character if he, himself isn't good enough to the right thing. This would've been very good if it happened to the MC at the beginning. But this is where we have in 2 years. This is the second season and MC who was supposed to be a protag at the beginning is now the antagonist. That's how badly this is written.🗑️ 2/10. I didn't give 1 because the power system was good. Art is meh...

This used to have good potential but it went to absolute shit after the first season. pacing is awful,
mc has no motive for like the last 30-40 chapters. He gets his revenge and now he's just an asshole to everyone for no reason.

Fed-Kun's army
Started as a more realistic take of the X-men, turned out into a xianxia bs. Past season 1 everything is either filler, drama, or both. Lots of chapters for pointless probs that could be solved just talking, the same stuff gets repeated time and time again even with pointless flashbacks that last for several chapters yet only state the obvious. The MC goes from relatable to full psycho for no reason, sec chars are 1D, full of retcons, and society makes no sense. In unordinary's world kidnapping, stealing, hurting, and even killing (probably ra*ing as well) are A-okay as long as you do it on the weak, even publicly. No one gives af, hence they are just a bunch of super-powered troglodytes.

Power Uploader
@RuiFaria Yeah, right? 😂 Some people still cant get used to original English webtoon series. 😗

@Kuroikigai2 You can read official release on webtoons.com (can be seen description part of the page). It's originally English.

Fed-Kun's army
I am at about 197 and I feel like at least some of what I say should have some merit.
Without getting into spoilers, the first half of the series is spent making you like someone then the rest is making you hate them.
There's massive points of the story that feel like the author just got way to hype about MHA and the schoolmates thing, but it sucks.
Plot points are quickly forgotten only to reappear out of the blue even in a binge of it all, cant imagine week by week.
Sometimes the art work is peak scrolling material with curving beams and teleports everyone is easily identifiable each speech bubble is colour coded even creating a blend for people saying things at the same time.
The characters themselves are unfortunately all over the place, half the time I genuinely don't know who to root for because the most fleshed out characters will just do a 180 and become something else.
There was a point in the story when I realised I was not supposed to be cheering for a guy I was cheering for and it took me a back, not that I thought that I had made a mistake and came to a deeper understanding more along the lines of "Wait, is the story trying to retroactively make him unreasonable".

But I still read a whole bunch of it and I hope it ends the way I want it too and not the way it's looking too with a great big twist, 6/10 as of this point, It's pretty junk food and fun for a peruse.

John's edgy evil arc IS WAY TOO DRAGGED OUT and way too edgy, I literally do not like a single character in this story, all of them are hypocritical and incredibly bias.

Yeah this is shit, I read the webtoon as the just the first 75ish chapters were other are just meh or just really bad. The art isn't too bad, but this story is just really bad. So our main character goes from this your average main character to a fucking retard, one of the side character's whole character arc is "I'm strong and arrogant" to "I'm kind now because mc is too powerful", like wtf? There are a lot of story elements that just go in and out, some examples are Ember, Seraphina's sister being the nurse's girlfriend just to name a few. All the characters in this webtoon can be summarized within a sentence and really unlikable. And the author just keeps adding more filler and useless stories. The world building is horrible, apparently in the school if you get someone to the verge of death, it is all fine since healing powers can fix anything, like wtf? Characters use intelligence in their fights, it is always "stronger power wins", most boring power system/abilities, and the extremely soft magic system just makes it worse. 4/10, imo it was bad

The story is fucking trash. It drags on and on and on without bringing anything to resolution.

Renember how your girlfriends fight and cry and fight and cry and in the end they walk away like nothing happened?

It's exactly like that: pointless.

This webtoon is similar to the kind of abusive relationship in which you are expected to love the people around you proportionally to the time you spend with them, regardless of how trashy they are and how abusive they are to you. Who knows, maybe the author is banking on their audience being that kind of people.

I get it that the author has to make money and milking your only cash cow puts money in the pockets.

But if you are like me who want a good story that is actually going somewhere, save your time and look elsewhere.

A personal recommendation: Eleceed

Ah, I remember reading this on webtoons. And getting mad as hell when I realized I was conned for the whole first season into liking
John, the 'underdog', 'weakling' protagonist, only to find out he is and was always a complete scumbag who was the worst of the worst when it came to bullying those weaker than him. The first season was him trying to 'change his ways', only for his true personality to be revealed when he failed miserably.
After that, I read 50 chapters more to see if it got better or some form of redemption happened. It didn't so I bailed.

Supporter
The rest of the society kinda makes sense, but the school is fucked up. Openly beating the shit out of each other is not conducive to learning.

also, electricity girl is the real protagonist
every single character in the series is a jackass except her (and john's dad). not that I blame them (most of them). The world has a different moral code. Arlo, in particular, is good example, after a few chapters*. Since then he's followed his world's messed up moral code perfectly.
*Dunno what the deal was at the beginning with him not following the turf war rules. That was weird as heck.

comment based on up to ch 100ish

also 108 and 112 are amazing

This is the most disgusting piece of trash I have **ever** read in my entire 8 years of reading manga/manhwa/manhua/webtoons. I am completely blown away by how much praise this gets and the popularity of the series. John is a genuine psychopath, extremely hypocritical, disgustingly OP, unlikeable, cruel, childish, vengeful, and vindictive person

Never understood why this was so popular on webtoon...got to the 100 ish mark because I thought somehow it would get better but tbh it's easily the worst thing I've ever read. Never thought something could be so cringey. The worst of the worst about this is the mc imo but yeah everything about it is trash lol

People hate on John for good reason however it's possible there's more to it. It's good setup for character development or even just examining tropes and themes.
John is a "nice guy." But everyone knows that often nice guys have inner darkness. For example, we later find out John is abusive, manipulative, and delusional about the world. Although, the world is messed up and he tries to change he falls back into his ways.

Everyone wants to get powerful and might makes right. John is no exception in his younger days. But when he attempts to change to learn the plight of those weaker than him, he ends up reverting to his own ways. The easiest and cheapest method of dominating the weak using power. There's plenty of shit to say about this, but who knows if the author went that deep.
There is a lot more to say, but overall it can be decent or top tier if the author doesn't fuck up the climax and ending.

Shaping up to be my favorite example of wasted potential in years.
To be clear, this manhwa is not good.

Yeah I dont know why this webtoon always managed on the top chart everyweek either 🤪...
Author like to drag and milking the story till the max and lowering the quality so she can get money from every chapters weekly

OMG I felt crazy for thinking this is not a 10/10 story. It drives me crazy that a story can go week after week without moving the plot even 1 cm forward. It goes backwards! Im glad to see other people noticed this..

Users who are viewing this thread