Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 13 Ch. 70 - Pandora in the Next Room III

Dex-chan lover
Holy FUCK how can she be so damn dense?!
Also scaredy cat Kozakura is darn cute!
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Empathy: Toriko seems upset. Why? (Easy)(Impossible)
Vf9VTce.png

Empathy: Ah, it must be that she feels like she should invite you to stay with her, even though she doesn't like other people over at her home, like you.

The "they're such good friends" cognitohazard strikes again!

Dex-chan lover
Mfw you'll never sleep while kozakura hugging you from behind, why even live?

And yeah that panel when she found out looks straight outta shoujo romance manga, total jealous gf inbound.

Double-page supporter
Calm down she doesnt have a crush on sorawo shes just playing the big sister
Dont forget that shes like 30+ despite looking like a toddler
Shes just worrying about the kids
I suggest maybe re-reading the story with an open mind and dabbling a bit in the novels, subtext is just as important as any other key aspect of the narrative. Personally, in my experience as a queer woman who is the same age as the protagonists, shit happens. Real life isn't pg-13.

i also think such a storyline is a bit problematic, but in my opinion, reducing such a complex dynamic to "sisterly" affection is a reach. When we consider Sorawo's entire family arc and the fact that Satsuki basically groomed highschoolers for fun, it's clear that Urasekai Picnic uses subjectivity and nuance as a way to explore complex issues. If you tried hard enough, you could even say that Sorawo and Toriko's story is strictly platonic solely on the basis that nothing is said out loud or explicitly.

Some people just don't care to explore nuanced, morally ambiguous dynamics and that's fine, but you could be potentially missing a core part of the story here.

Dex-chan lover
I suggest maybe re-reading the story with an open mind and dabbling a bit in the novels, subtext is just as important as any other key aspect of the narrative. Personally, in my experience as a queer woman who is the same age as the protagonists, shit happens. Real life isn't pg-13.

i also think such a storyline is a bit problematic, but in my opinion, reducing such a complex dynamic to "sisterly" affection is a reach. When we consider Sorawo's entire family arc and the fact that Satsuki basically groomed highschoolers for fun, it's clear that Urasekai Picnic uses subjectivity and nuance as a way to explore complex issues. If you tried hard enough, you could even say that Sorawo and Toriko's story is strictly platonic solely on the basis that nothing is said out loud or explicitly.

Some people just don't care to explore nuanced, morally ambiguous dynamics and that's fine, but you could be potentially missing a core part of the story here.
Dude what

Users who are viewing this thread