Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 13 Ch. 68 - Pandora in the Next Room I

Dex-chan lover
If i was in a position where the "OTHER WORLD" and it's contents are something real and such contents of said world are affecting the normal world, i wouldn't be living alone in such a house.
I don't care, i'm sleeping over a friends house (the ones that also know about it).
YES i'm a coward.
You sound like the kind of person that might survive. Don't be that kind of guy! Noone likes that kind of guy!

- This message was sponsored by your resident ghost in the refrigerator

Dex-chan lover
If i was in a position where the "OTHER WORLD" and it's contents are something real and such contents of said world are affecting the normal world, i wouldn't be living alone in such a house.
I don't care, i'm sleeping over a friends house (the ones that also know about it).
YES i'm a coward.
I think you spelled "most likely to survive" with a "C".

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Sorawo is swimming in De Nile, isn't she? Can't tell Toriko is into her, or that living alone is a terrible idea, especially when unnatural horrors might want to eat your inwards - that's if they wanna do you in in a nice, simple way! :worry:

Dex-chan lover
This would have kinda creeped me out (/get my imagination going) if I had been living in a large apartment building with dim hallways and never actually saw my neighbor.

Dex-chan lover
So wait, is this copying a story by Junji Ito? Or is that story based off of an actual urban legend in Japan? It feels odd to see the same metal arm monster here when there's an exact same story by Junji Ito.

If finally sinks in that they are not safe even in the normal world.

Dex-chan lover
So wait, is this copying a story by Junji Ito? Or is that story based off of an actual urban legend in Japan? It feels odd to see the same metal arm monster here when there's an exact same story by Junji Ito.
Afterword of Otherside Picnic vol. 4:
The portrayal of the neighbor opening the door with a strange hand is borrowed from the previously mentioned Gendai Hyaku Monogatari Shinmimibukuro Daiichiya’s 48th story, “Tonari no Onna” [The Woman Next Door].

This might be another case of an urban legend plagiarized from a horror manga. Peoples who spread the stories don't know the about the sources.

Dex-chan lover
This might be another case of an urban legend plagiarized from a horror manga. Peoples who spread the stories don't know the about the sources.
Are you referring to this story? https://mangadex.org/title/4a23f28e-9bb6-41f9-9037-3a3e9234ff75/mimi-s-tales-of-terror
Cause from what I've found so far it seems that Junji itou adapted already existing urban legends using his particular style, not the urban legends being inspired by his works. If you find any contradicting evidence please let me know

Users who are viewing this thread