Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 13 Ch. 71 - Pandora in the Next Room IV

Dex-chan lover
So she knew the mirror drives people insane, and yet she looked at it? And didn't warn her partner about it so she knew to destroy it if something happened (and to avoid looking at it herself)? And then in her trance she decided to open the drawers anyway? I will at least chalk that last one up to being the trance, and that she wasn't actually rational inside it despite narrating things for us readers.

Dex-chan lover
So she knew the mirror drives people insane, and yet she looked at it?
She knew what was happening because she saw the hair in front of the mirror, not before she looked at the mirror.

And, like, the mirror was covered up so, like, it wouldn't, in that moment, cause most people problems. But her eyes are special so it effected her and warped her mind and caused her to open the draws and such.

Dex-chan lover
She knew what was happening because she saw the hair in front of the mirror, not before she looked at the mirror.

And, like, the mirror was covered up so, like, it wouldn't, in that moment, cause most people problems. But her eyes are special so it effected her and warped her mind and caused her to open the draws and such.
Before she looked at the mirror, she remarked that it reminded her of a story about a mirror that drove ppl insane after a ritual, claiming the neighbours (in that story) lives too.

And she only got affected by the mirror after she moved the hair away and looked straight at the mirror.

Dex-chan lover
It's cute that you can tell how closely Toriko is paying attention to Sorawo that she can immediately peg when Sorawo is having a PTSD flashback. Those sorts of moments get downplayed in the novels, but it's really nice to see that Sorawo's not as slick at hiding it as she thinks she is.

So she knew the mirror drives people insane, and yet she looked at it? And didn't warn her partner about it so she knew to destroy it if something happened (and to avoid looking at it herself)? And then in her trance she decided to open the drawers anyway? I will at least chalk that last one up to being the trance, and that she wasn't actually rational inside it despite narrating things for us readers.
A lot of the artifacts/entities they encounter seem to warp cognition on sight. Since she pulled the sheet off the mirror and immediately saw the gate, there really wasn't any chance for her to warn Toriko the same way she did about opening drawers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A lot of the artifacts/entities they encounter seem to warp cognition on sight. Since she pulled the sheet off the mirror and immediately saw the gate, there really wasn't any chance for her to warn Toriko the same way she did about opening drawers.
My question was more about why she pulled the cover off. And why she didn't warn her partner about the cognitive hazard before doing so.

le3

Dex-chan lover
My question was more about why she pulled the cover off. And why she didn't warn her partner about the cognitive hazard before doing so.
Yeah Sorawo do careless mistake sometimes, although this is not the first time they got bamboozled with cognitive hazard entity (that early chapter with a man searching for his missing wife come to mind)...

Double-page supporter
Well, how else have they solved literally all of their otherworld problems? Sorowa looks at it with her eye and Toriko shoots it or uses her hand. As the story progressess, more and more of the otherworld incidents are seemingly designed to trap the pair. Makes sense to try capturing Sorowa before Toriko has a chance to do anything.

Double-page supporter
I love this chapter simply because it fuels the theory fires of Sorowa's Identity and how it's probably connected to the otherside. There have been so many leads spread over the passing chapters, I wonder if most if not all of them are red herrings. Like, they can't be all true, right? I'm not a novel reader btw
This series is so impressively well crafted. It's not even done yet and rereading the whole thing brings new perspectives and the foreshadowing is kind of crazy. Most non-sense scenes end up significant one way or another which I find wild. Like, at some points I'm tempted to check out the novel just to see if it's just as well crafted or if these are thing's added by the manga to polish things up.

Dex-chan lover
In my head I reason that the paranormal seem to disappear quite quickly this time which suggests that they were there so that Toriko get to visit and stay over at Sorawo’s, their job is done when that is set.

Imagine being shipped and have your relationship pushed forward by paranormal phenomenon (which is literally what this series is a good deal about). :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Huh. So did someone set up the conditions for this "story" in the apartment next to hers on purpose? Plus her inclination was to burst in immediately. If someone knew her personality, they might know she'd find it... and even if they didn't, this seems like a 'story' that would have affected everyone around it eventually.

I definitely agree that it seems like her past with the cult is entwined with that other world...

Users who are viewing this thread