Urasekai Picnic

Really looking forward to reading the adaptation of the 2nd volume of LN, especially resort night at the beach of the end arc, which to me is the best horror scenario yet among the 3 LN volumes.

@smns Agreed. Resort Night at the Beach of the End started off sweet and fun and ended up being lethal psychological and mental madness. One of the very few times they escaped frighting unknown fate with sheer luck. Looking forward to it as well.

Man, this turned out to be surprisingly gripping. I don't really read a lot of horror, but this has a great New Weird / SCP style vibe that's just fantastic.

Aggregator gang
For those unaware, the various freakish situations and monstrosities in this series are all based off of Japanese creepypasta stories that have been posted online. Many of the posts have since been lost to site deletions and other vagaries of internet issues, but some can still be found.

For instance, the story of kisaragi station.

It's rather well written... I have a tendency to make sound effects in my mind when reading stuff. I keep making extra shivers go down my spine.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
Series like this make me really sad that Kon Satoshi is no longer with us ;_;
This series would be right up his alley and it would have been amazing to see him animate this masterpiece.

@denmark0128 said:
is the yuri tag true
Yes. Definitely true. The last line of Novel Vol 3 puts it beyond subtext.

Also, can't wait until the manga gets to the kotoribako arc. That chapter was freaky as fuck.

Group Leader
Hey, little help here lol, I was wondering if I should get the light novel or wait for the manga to be released. I see in the comments that the LN and the manga are very identical but which do you guys think its more worth it

@Asiankarebear The novels are far ahead than the manga, it would take the manga years to reach where the novels currently are. Every 4 manga volumes cover 1 novel volume.

1st volume of manga won't be officially published until next May. As for the novels, 3 volume are already published by J-Novel Club and the 4th is hopefully coming soon.

So, if you want to go ahead with the story and catch up, then read the novels, they're very well-written. If you prefer comicalization then continue with manga. Your choice.

I'm probably going to stick with the manga while these weekly updates continue. It's actually a nice pace; I'm enjoying thinking about what might happen next. Once the translation is caught up or slows down significantly, I'll definitely start reading the novels. I really love how weird the art (including panels and thought/speech bubbles) can get in the manga, though.

Users who are viewing this thread