Use a proper user blocking function :rejected:

Is it possible to do that? Oh yusss... and what we have now is on paper "block" but really is just a hide function. (kinda like when an ostrich hides his head in the ground)
dunno who even needed that in the first place.... anyways with this block rather hide user function the dude still can read my comments,started forum threads,and even profile.
Don't know if theres any demand for disss at all but.... there you have it..
Thanks for checking in! °‿‿°

Dex-chan lover
This isn't Twitter, where you can set your profile, along with all of your tweets and responses, as private, only to be seen by people you approve of.

Hiding your own comments from others at your choosing is not a good idea on a public forum such as MangaDex. Even if it were to be implemented like you suggested, what's to stop the blocked user from logging out and viewing your post that way?

@Halo
This video offends me. Remove it and apologize.

Dex-chan lover
loss_for_words.gif

idunno.. I mean ....u know... to stop the dude from stalking and harrasing you? andddd..... almost every decent website uses it... well sure he can just relog or whatever but its better than nothing no?
idunno.... xD

Supporter
Would be nice if the people I block also can't see my comments either but oh well, I don't mind that much.

Dex-chan lover
Would be nice if the people I block also can't see my comments either but oh well, I don't mind that much.
This would notify the user that hes been blocked leading to unnecessary drama and furthered tension between users.

Dex-chan lover
The option of blocking people from seeing your posts would be heavily abused.
@ someone
Block them
@ someone else
Block them
Repeat

Nah, nobody would do that 🙂 I support this suggestion. 🙂

weeeellll its like when Im on fb or other socialmedia once the dude is blocked I'm a happy gurl !
No more news from that freak! Unless he comes with another acc but then BAM 1 click and peace again. >:- D

Dex-chan lover
@Hawx88 MangaDex is not a social media website. Nobody really cares what you, I or @bigtiddyoneesan have to say.
If you don't like someone, just block and move on. If they're actually cyberbullying you, there's a report button.
Reading or replying to your messages is a fair game, as it's a public forum and not your personal fb page.

hey I know this aint fb dont be mean! but if I use that report thingy how will the mods decide whos at fault? especially if its a longer convo? and how long does that even take? and what will the person or even group at fault even get as punishment? idunno a real block would be simpler i think..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
wait, are you telling me that blocked person can message you?

Dex-chan lover
Nobody really cares what you, I or @ bigtiddyoneesan have to say.
Lmao true. By extension, posts on sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. are also insignificant (within reason, you get what I mean). Some people want to live in a bubble and can only exist in one, some people thrive on overreacting to anything they disagree with on social media, and some people will never let anything go, no matter how much time passes.

Face problems head on, and you'll soon realize that most of them aren't actually problems.

@Hawx88
but if I use that report thingy how will the mods decide whos at fault?
DM a mod about harrasment, stalking, etc. They can look into it to see who's at fault. And if your concern is justified, then there's nothing to worry about.
and what will the person or even group at fault even get as punishment?
Public stoning (through Zoom of course, there's a pandemic going on).

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Hawx88
I don't know, maybe if you describe the situation the mods could know what the problem is and decide how to act accordingly? It's really simple, you DM a mod and say "This guy's harrasing me, here's the evidence"

Although, i don't know if it really works like that, but you don't loose anything improtant by trying if it really is stalking/cyberbullying.

The quicker option would be creating a new account.

soooo every time i would like to filter someone out of my life i would need to crawl to a mod with an essay?
remind me of a kid back in elementary where he got picked on by the other boys for like... years and the teacher be like: solve it urself i dont have time for dis...lolz... ah the nostalgia...

Contributor
Anyone else questioning why a super-brand-new account on MangaDex is this concerned about blocking and harassment already?
Does OP have a history of making a lot of enemies or attracting creepy DMs on other social media platforms? (ie. FB, mentioned several times)

Assuming it's not a bot nor a troll account, I think OP just needs to chill and read some mangoes for now.
Unless you're a very outspoken and polarizing individual, I doubt so-called cyberbullies will actively seek you out.

Users who are viewing this thread