Usogui - Vol. 40 Ch. 434 - The Straying Resolution

MYW

I think your theories are great, but there's one issue. What's the point of them playing the cards and THEN betting? There's no hidden info to bet on once you know the law.

Double-page supporter
There is definitely some kind of trick to the game that no one has grasped yet, although I don't know what it is exactly. I think the gamble was intended to be quick and decisive

Remember, Shion said that grasping the mystery would only pull them further into the nightmare. There's probably trap the referees set in the game.

It feels like this manga is still becoming better and better despite already being at the top

i think the number closest to the pot size is going to win. and the calamity will strike when your number is exactly equal to the pot size. and something tells me lalo is going to call baku's bet and have a calamity strike him

@MYW

On page 17 of ch 433, which shows the hands for the first round, the top panel shows the referee shuffling the deck, and the deck is later shown face down on the table.

Maybe that suggests there's some randomness in how a number gets translated into a hand, otherwise shuffling seems pointless.

or...

what if the betting itself had some effect on what hand a number becomes?

while waiting for the next chapter, i decided to re read all of the arc and now i have a question about this gamble. in chapter 429 page 18-19, you see their legs get locked to the chair. however, in chapter 431, lalo is able to leave and get that extra breath of air. so why wasnt he locked up then? the rules were made in case someone could fake a drowning but in the rules (430 page 8) the person is still locked by the legs.

Well,the lock down's got me pretty bored so i re-read the this arc and i've come up with a theory.
It's most probably wrong but here it goes..
When Lalo stands up to get extra air,the crack sound is that of Baku breaking the regulator.He probably used the metal card to break it hence the thickness bubble on the last panel of pg 3, ch 431.The supposed theory is that Baku broke the regulator so that he can get the meter to zero whenever he wants.So,he can change the bios before it runs out.Thus when baku loses a round at some point,Lalo will think that he is in the safe zone even though he's not since the already used bios still have some air in them.Thus he will fold the rest of the rounds and give up the ante which lets baku win.
But,in the last panel of pg 17,ch 431, lalo seems to have seen the broken piece.So,the real play seems to be that baku only broke the glass window and not the regulator itself.Thus Lalo will be tricked into playing even when he reaches the safe zone which provides baku immunity atleast until the end of the last round.
edit:it also gives baku time to figure out the law.

Users who are viewing this thread