Usogui - Vol. 45 Ch. 489 - The Man Standing Between The Two

Seems like Kadokura gave Yakou his gloves too, maybe to help him hide the bad state of his hand.

Is it me or is Yakou's hair drawn to look more similar to Kyara's this chapter ?

Fed-Kun's army
It would of been interesting if another referee won but it was kinda obvious it would be Yakou (especially considering the cover of the next volume....) I really worry for Yakou's hand... And I feel bad for Kadokura cause I sympathized with his motive. And he tried really hard to win and also probably had the most panel time out of all the refs in this mini-arc... Hope he gets some sort of consolation prize or something, haha.

It seems like Yakou won Kyara's approval too, which is pretty cool. Yakou seems to have admired Kyara alot. Yakou is considered the "perfect referee" but in the Tatsuki ranking battle he acknowledges that he feels that he is far from perfect. https://mangadex.org/chapter/634688/5

https://mangadex.org/chapter/634688/14 (and the next page/15).
Yakou felt he was far from perfect because until the tower match he was content with his current standing. To him, Kyara was the perfect referee because he always strived to be at the top.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/204616/13
Another interesting part abt Yakou and Kyara's relationship is that Kyara seemed to have only told Yakou that he was planning to leave Kakerou. (I wonder why he specifically came to Yakou???)

With Yakou gaining Kyara's approval, it seems that he finally has become the "perfect referee" (or at least closer to it).

Also, since Baku seems very insistent on playing the game Yakou is going to purpose, I wonder if he already has a strategy planned (that would only work on that game)? It kinda reminds me of how Baku used Kyara in order to win his first Kakerou match.

Aggregator gang
Well, nobody can complain about this choice. It would have been interesting if someone else had won, but Yakou was always the most obvious choice.

Time for the final arc?

40 more chapters before the manga ends :(

What a plan by Yakou to only fight once to win the entire challenge. Goes to show that only having brawns won't be enough lol.

Now, I wonder... back in the prebious chapter, Yakou gave a hint that his game would involve mindgames, and seems to be related to the childreb's game, "Dropping the Handkerchief". It's usually played in a group setting, though that may be where Kaiji can help.

Honestly, this was a pretty boring section compared to the rest of the manga. The fights were pretty subpar compared to Marco vs Caracal and Kyara vs Jonglyo.
Though we did get a proper ending for Kadokura which is good.
Also, Yakou just doesn't feel like an interesting character. Manabe, Kadokura and Fukurou have much more of an impact. It would have been so cool to have Fukurou presiding the match. I thought that was the sole reason that Fukurou was made into a referee in the story in the first place.

@Takoshi
That would be so amazing to have a three way battle between Baku, Kaji and Leader. Or atleast play some sort of role in the match.
But yeah, seems pretty unlikely.

Contributor
Yakou has come a long way.
It was obvious, but I'm fine with this outcome.

@troita

What did you expect? It was a fight under the influnce of drugs and the 2-hit condition. The fights you mentioned we're literally fights to the death.

Fed-Kun's army
Kyara still giving them a hand after all this time huh? About time they buried him. This was one of those things where either one would've been good, but Yakou makes sense because this has been his goal all along. Kadokura rediscovered his own goal, so that's good anyway

Double-page supporter
It's alright, Kadokura got enough practice in and strengthened his resolve to strive for the top for Kaji's eventual Surpassing the Leader game. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread