Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Release

Dex-chan lover
And many people who do die deserve to live. Only one who can give both life and death should be so quick to deal out death in judgment, you pathetic fucking edgelord.
Amazing, every word you said is pointless. Good luck advocating for a murderer's life

Dex-chan lover
That's a twist I didn't see coming.
I only wonder if Seo truly is an evil mastermind, she's just faking it, or whatever other reason she has in mind.
Something doesn't add up.

Group Leader
were there any clues beforehand that the memory loss was fake?
No smoking gun, but Seo had a lot of suspicious looking side-eye panels and Miho was always watching her. There's a few times she potentially slips up, notably when they bring up Michiru in chapter 56 and Seo quickly interjects to point out Michiru isn't innocent because she tried burning Miho to death, which a) is weird to bring up when the conversation would have otherwise passed and b) she very likely shouldn't know the details of Miho's almost-death. Seo hadn't even been back to school yet and it had been months since it happened.

I'm assuming the coming chapters will show us more of Seo's perspective, but we know she was in a private chat with Miho and Michiru for about half a year and she's the one who tricked Michiru into almost killing Miho. Miho knows it too, especially since she took Michiru's phone in ch59. Other than that, every glimpse we've had of Seo's thoughts post-recovery has been way vague to make meaningful judgments.

The way I read it, she only planned this after Komachi gave her a push and was willing to be her ally. But even until the last minute she had second thoughts. It was only when Prez gave his little speech about how "even if she's good she still deserves to die" that she became 100% committed to killing him.

Something that's always stood out to me is Seo's odd reaction when accused of being suicidal back in chapter 26. She freezes up for a page before laughing it off. But it would add up if she genuinely hated her life and wanted an opportunity to start over. And of course something had to happen to make killing Miho seem like a reasonable solution.

There's a theme in the manga of failing to see someone for who they are and instead forcing them into a constructed role. And it's very strong with the student council. The Vice Prez was forced into being the class bully target to maintain order back in elementary school, they forced Michiru into the role of a killer needing to be put down instead of thoroughly investigating, and now Prez's actions have inadvertently made Seo into the exact monster he was convinced she would become. Had he left her alone she probably would have just lived her new life in peace.

I'm baffle at how many people still think Seo was trying to be good, and just snap out of anger by Prez, and he derserved it, like wtf, where is media literacy here ? What she did was basically a proof that he was right all along. And it's not just him, Shiina knew about Seo too in several chapters before, but she didn't take action like him.

You don't just kill a person, then proceed to laugh at someone who tried to save you and explain how it was planned, that's not how a person who genuinely tried to be good should act.

Also Satsuki still owned Prez for saving her life once

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!
"I tried being good!"
"Wait, I actually planned all of this and I'm evil as hell!"

hmmm. Writing seems a bit off there. Shock value for the sake of shock.
My hope is that the "I tried to be good" was the new personality, but the near-death experience cured her amnesia and brought back her old personality. Still doesn't explain everything, but it's the best explanation I can come up with while still staying a little in character.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't want to be in this school. Everyone is just trying to kill everyone left and right :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
No smoking gun, but Seo had a lot of suspicious looking side-eye panels and Miho was always watching her. There's a few times she potentially slips up, notably when they bring up Michiru in chapter 56 and Seo quickly interjects to point out Michiru isn't innocent because she tried burning Miho to death, which a) is weird to bring up when the conversation would have otherwise passed and b) she very likely shouldn't know the details of Miho's almost-death. Seo hadn't even been back to school yet and it had been months since it happened.

I'm assuming the coming chapters will show us more of Seo's perspective, but we know she was in a private chat with Miho and Michiru for about half a year and she's the one who tricked Michiru into almost killing Miho. Miho knows it too, especially since she took Michiru's phone in ch59. Other than that, every glimpse we've had of Seo's thoughts post-recovery has been way vague to make meaningful judgments.

The way I read it, she only planned this after Komachi gave her a push and was willing to be her ally. But even until the last minute she had second thoughts. It was only when Prez gave his little speech about how "even if she's good she still deserves to die" that she became 100% committed to killing him.

Something that's always stood out to me is Seo's odd reaction when accused of being suicidal back in chapter 26. She freezes up for a page before laughing it off. But it would add up if she genuinely hated her life and wanted an opportunity to start over. And of course something had to happen to make killing Miho seem like a reasonable solution.

There's a theme in the manga of failing to see someone for who they are and instead forcing them into a constructed role. And it's very strong with the student council. The Vice Prez was forced into being the class bully target to maintain order back in elementary school, they forced Michiru into the role of a killer needing to be put down instead of thoroughly investigating, and now Prez's actions have inadvertently made Seo into the exact monster he was convinced she would become. Had he left her alone she probably would have just lived her new life in peace.
think i might need a reread then lol

Double-page supporter
Yeah, what was I thinking, paraphrasing J.R.R. Tolkien at an illiterate mouth-breathing moron like yourself. Ah well.
If you truly regard Tolkien well, then you should know better than to use his words in context beyond the original to ridicule someone whose only fault was stating a point you disagree with. You called him an edgy teenager, yet you act like one. Chill.

Dex-chan lover
Yo, you can't just make Prez all evil, and then when he is dying, show him only caring about the vice prez. That'll make me feel kinda bad.

Dex-chan lover
Seo is in a "Kill or be killed." situation. Satsuki has managed to save Seo twice, but she can't win all the time. And not only will Satsuki not kill the prez (which is the only real solution), but she also would try to stop anyone else who tried. (Which is why Seo has to outwit both the prez and Satsuki.)

Is the author so stuck to "Killing is bad!" that he can't have Seo just state the obvious, "I killed him before he killed me."?

And if that isn't bad enough, the author redeems the Prez by having him save the girl? BS. The guy is just a murderer at this point.

The sick thing here is that author is condemning Seo for saving her own life. And meanwhile letting Satsuki off the hook for the consequences of her inaction. And redeeming the prez. This is garbage.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can't say he didn't deserve it. Refusing to accept others can change holds them in the role you put them in and you thought she was an evil bitch who should die. Oh look, she fought back and killed you.

I'm of the same mind as other above that if her classmates had accepted her new personality and let her be a nicer person, she'd have been happy that way. But no one forgave her as she was trying to better so she saw continued effort as pointless. And let's face it, she didn't exactly start bulling the helpless again with that act.

Dex-chan lover
The writing in this just keeps getting worse lol.

How did this author manage to make the death that everybody wanted to see (Prez's) this boring?

And don't get me started on, once again, having another character just "be evil for the heck of it". It's so dumb.

I was like "ok, she killed him cause he tried to kill her, makes sense!" and then the author goes "no, it can't make sense! She's just cartoonishly evil!".

Group Leader
It make no sense to make it 'her plan all along!' when we saw her internal monologue several time with nothing even slightly indicating that.
It wasn't her plan all along, her internal monolog at the start is her true thoughts and feelings while her speech at the end is just what she is saying out loud, Seo lies all the time. The idea that this stabbing was planned in advance just doesn't hold water.

Go back to the page right after the premonitory corpse appears, Seo doesn't have a knife to carry out an attack. After the stabbing she says it was all part of her plan to kill someone with the corpse vision but she needed to kill in that moment for such a plan to work and she had no weapon. While she is trying to catch her breath, she notices the boxcutter, it's Satsuki's, she brought it there, freed Seo then later dropped it next to her during the heated argument. If this really was "her plan all along" then it relied on a boxcutter she had no way of knowing would be conveniently dropped near her during Satsuki's outburst and that the Vice Prez would happen to enter the room since the Prez would defend himself if she just tried to stab him.

Now look at Seo's dialog after the stabbing. She says she wanted to kill one of them but runs past the one with her back turned, she is mocking Satsuki's righteousness and says "I bet you wish you hadn't saved me". My guess is that (consciously or unconsciously) she is purposely trying to make Satsuki hate her and blame her perhaps because she thinks she deserves it for her betrayal or she is making herself into a bigger villain so that Satsuki won't hate herself for this. I think this is a mental break after a horrible split second decision born out of the trauma of almost dying and she is playing it off as if she is some sort of evil mastermind because that is just the kind of self destructive girl she is. She is the one who wishes Satsuki didn't save her.

The big question is, will Satsuki notice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Finally catching up.

....Welp. In one hand Prez really due some good ol' shanking. He crossed the line for me by killing that girl by lightning, and his self-righteousness really grating.
In other hand I don't like how this will affect Satsuki. Remember she just recover from guilt from saving Akira's abusive father, this won't hold well for her psyche, and especially because (for Satsuki) it would validate prez's point.

Users who are viewing this thread