Utsushicha Dame-na Kao - Ch. 6 - Are you hiding something?

Fed-Kun's army
Hey thankyou for taking this series

I hope Io or maybe Misa can get rid of that manager quickly, such a redflag invading Io's privacy like that
I really like how Misa and Io are horny for each other
Misa must be turned on by Io's sexy pic :smugnako:

Last edited:
Group Leader
I decline all responsibility for the tardiness of this series. I'm only the typesetter and afk, who's supposed to do the translation, hasn't been very responsive and I warned them multiple times that a MTL would show up sooner or later.
I don't know if you were insinuating that it was or if you weren't, but just to keep the record straight: Nothing I post is or ever will be MTL.

I don't want people to get the wrong idea of my work... :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
There we go ... meet the invading manager who I thought is the mom but not

Dex-chan lover
did you know that your average phone has more bacteria on it than a toilet bowl. licking a phone is dirty in more ways than one
I have one concern tho... so her improved expression throughout the filming is cause by her horny-ness ?

I mean what cause her to lick her screen if not that

Power Uploader
I don't know if you were insinuating that it was or if you weren't, but just to keep the record straight: Nothing I post is or ever will be MTL.

I don't want people to get the wrong idea of my work... :shamihuh:
I didn't read your translation closely. I had already read the chapter in JP anyway.

Just noted that your choice of fonts isn't the best, your typesetting isn't either (inconsistent punctuation, random hyphenation, ellipsis on it's own line...) and you don't do any sfx. All of this can be improved and would eventually give justice to the manga. Up to you.

I had worked hard to make this look good and did all the SFX in the previous chapters.

I have nothing against you personally, I'm just a bit upset because I didn't abandon this series.

Which reinforces my decision to do everything on my own for my own series and not count on unreliable partners that can fall off the face of the earth on a whim.

Group Leader
I didn't read your translation closely. I had already read the chapter in JP anyway.

Just noted that your choice of fonts isn't the best, your typesetting isn't either (inconsistent punctuation, random hyphenation, ellipsis on it's own line...) and you don't do any sfx. All of this can be improved and would eventually give justice to the manga. Up to you.

I had worked hard to make this look good and did all the SFX in the previous chapters.

I have nothing against you personally, I'm just a bit upset because I didn't abandon this series.

Which reinforces my decision to do everything on my own for my own series and not count on unreliable partners that can fall off the face of the earth on a whim.
It genuinely sucks that your attitude towards other people's translations is to "not read them that closely" and then assume, publicly, that they were MTL.

I admit that redrawing is something I don't like doing, so that's where I cut corners to save myself a lot of time and effort. I do still try to translate the sound effects that are important to what's going on in the scene, though. I'm just one dipshit in rural Illinois who does this in her free time with no expectation of pay; I don't feel the need to hold myself to professional levels of quality. The story beats are there, and that's what important to me.

That all said, I am going to try to take your criticisms to heart moving forward.

I'm still happy to let you and your team get back to translating this series. You'll clearly do a better job at it than I am, and I do mean that sincerely.

For the sake of my mental health I'm done talking about this and won't be replying any further. If you need me, I'll be off translating chapter 7.

Dex-chan lover
Io: I consent
Misa: I consent
Manager: I don't!
Isn't there somebody you forgot to ask?
Wasn't Io a minor? And to be fair, her job  is to make sure Io don't ruin her career, and she meeting with Misa can completely destroy her career if it becomes news, especially in a place like japan where fans can become insanely obsessed and lose their mind over it.

Real issue is that the manager don't communicate anything properly, neither try to give Io any choice or alternative ways to meet Misa, though one could argue that is also part of her job too.

Dex-chan lover
I'm more invested in this than my 401k omggg 😭🫣

Every chapter has me blushing multiple times and curling my toes, and the drama is honestly so good

Dex-chan lover
IIRC Io age wasn't specified, she did drink alchool, however her id wasn't checked. BTW in 2022 the legal age was lowered to 18 years old (but I think drinking and smoking ages remained 20 or 21).

Yeh found a source§: https://monolith.law/en/general-corporate/adult-20-18-civil-code
Legal age 18, drinking smoking and gambling age kept at 20
I was looking, but not good enough it seems 😁. So I remembered correctly they did change it. Good, being under 20 and not being able to sigh contracts for phones and renting (examples) was idiotic in the extreme. Still not 100% sure about Io's age though, see she was a bit woried earlier in the story about her ID not being cheched and getting alcohol, so she's 18 or 19....though I wouldn't be surprised if she was younger.

Well so her dad is a director and mother an actress, she probably got the manager from the parents to make sure she didn't do something so her parents would lose face....you know the thing she's going to do now.
And yes OFC the manager is going to try to go for Io at a certain point, that usually happens in Flowerchild mangas 😆

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread