Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Vol. 12 Ch. 103 - Kouhai and Control

Dex-chan lover
Dudes who try to act as though they're not sexually interested in women are either A) homosexual , B) impotent (though can be treated with pharmaceuticals, or C) sexual predators (male feminist).

The thing that bugs me about manga and anime (the ones usually marketed towards males) is that sexuality is treated as taboo. A male character (usually a side one) that shows any sexual interest in a female is immediately looked down upon, belitted, berated and even physically assualted by the females of the story. Strangely enough this doesn't really happen in hentai or manhwa and especially mangas marketed towards women (seriously go read some of those josei mangas).
WTF man.

Contributor
So that's what reading a 12 panel meme page feels like.
It's been a while but lately, the chapters never disappoint, so it's well worth the wait.

Sakurai's mom can be hella scary, wouldn't be surprised if she was an assassin xD

Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
I need them to get to Do-Chokkyuu Kareshi x Do-Chokkyuu Kanojo couple status. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Supporter
Why having sexual desires considered by author as perversion? 🤦‍♂️
Weird JP cultural artifact/tic from a time when you weren't ever supposed to show any interest in such things. The West still has stuff like that floating around in things like "slut-shaming" or "kink-shaming" pretty vanilla interests.

Supporter
I thought his aversion to being perveted was going to be some kind of Freudian thing where he's avoiding being like his dad
That had been the explanation up to this point (though less Freudian and more like just thinking his dad was a disgusting horndog).

Dex-chan lover
this chapter was such a joke that they didn't feel the need to put a meme at the end

Dex-chan lover
We may be perverts, but we're not "Boyfriend-with-a-shortstacked-cutie-girlfriend" pervert.

c71.jpg
why even live

Dex-chan lover
thats one hell of a leap, what ever happened to options such as being asexual or the plain old i have better things to do in life
The primal part of the brain is still there and it's still shouting (figuratively) "SEGGS"! One can temper it down with "better things to do in life" but it's still there and at any moment it bubbles to surface regardless of ones own conscious control.

Insert Saitama "OK" meme here.

Dex-chan lover
This has been a ton of buildup. Probably fine on a binge, but terrible for readers who are caught up. Two things make it reasonable

1. Author is pacing themselves due to health, that's okay
2. I believe this is all a buildup to a big breakthrough in the character (in other words, lots of seggs)

Hopefully after this character development arc we get a lot more Uzaki x Sakurai fluff chapters.
great on a binge, but i can definitely see how this will be frustrating. However, sex.

Double-page supporter
We got a back story for Uzaki's parents, now let's get one for Sakuri's!

Dex-chan lover
thats one hell of a leap, what ever happened to options such as being asexual or the plain old i have better things to do in life
I wouldn't bother with this. Some people just can't fathom a life not motivated by sex. More to be pitied than censured, I say.

Dex-chan lover
Someone in the first page explained it best, people who complain are the ones waiting for chapters since it's been dead for author health reasons and volume release but as a whole it's been fine, we should be achieving the seggs sooner then later at this rate!

Dex-chan lover
Of course the one time Saku-Dad hands out great parental advice, it's about the urge to bang. And naturally he fumbles at the end.

Dudes who try to act as though they're not sexually interested in women are either A) homosexual , B) impotent (though can be treated with pharmaceuticals, or C) sexual predators (male feminist).

The thing that bugs me about manga and anime (the ones usually marketed towards males) is that sexuality is treated as taboo. A male character (usually a side one) that shows any sexual interest in a female is immediately looked down upon, belitted, berated and even physically assualted by the females of the story. Strangely enough this doesn't really happen in hentai or manhwa and especially mangas marketed towards women (seriously go read some of those josei mangas).
I suppose this may be due to how a lot of guys feel often. If you're too overt about your sexual interests and you're not following it up with good looks or charm it can be a tough work around to getting laid or even trying to get a girl interested in you romantically. There's just a lot of hurdles like emotional build up, flirting and conversation before a lot of women start opening up sexually. So it can feel like sex is just a huge stop gap when interacting with women.

Meanwhile in the case of women. They don't see it like that. For them they're interested in sex like guys, sure, but they usually want it on their own terms. Often times they're not in a spot where they have to push for this sorta engagement long term, because guys usually very reciprocate easily. So from their perspective this stop gap is non-existent. They don't really have the same struggles that guys go through to bed with a woman when they wanna bed with a guy usually. Usually this is cuz of biological reasons and also a mix of women usually having a wider selection of partners and therefore being more reserved and selective. It's second nature, so for them they don't acknowledge their initial seeming distaste in open desire for sex.

So the difference in how they're portrayed is due to the difference in experiences. And honestly I feel like the guys' one is more true to life. From my younger experiences when I expressed my curiosity with sex openly with classmates SO many girls just ticked me off as a romantic partner. When I switched that up and went for the slower approach their interests started peeking through. So having to reserve yourself for fearing being looked down upon is legitimate as a concern in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread