Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Ch. 112 - Kouhai and the Matter of Kiri

Dex-chan lover
Imagine while the two of them are fighting for Ami but she falls in love with Sakaki instead. I mean there are a lot cases of arch enemies ending up as lovers so its possible.

Dex-chan lover
O . o
The world was in a different place back then. I'm not trying to make excuses for how assholes acted in the past, but the cultures in the 70s, 80s and 90s were rapidly changing and many aspects of that period of time haven't aged well.
I get what your saying, but there's a fine line between pranks and what they did in revenge of the nerds, especially the vader mask part, which even at the time i thought was wierd as a 5 year old.
Politics of 2020's aren't why i'm saying this btw, it's always bothered me, didn't help that the more you think about it the jocks do have a point considering how the nerds were acting at the time.

Dex-chan lover
I get what your saying, but there's a fine line between pranks and what they did in revenge of the nerds, especially the vader mask part, which even at the time i thought was wierd as a 5 year old.
Politics of 2020's aren't why i'm saying this btw, it's always bothered me, didn't help that the more you think about it the jocks do have a point considering how the nerds were acting at the time.
The point is neither side has a leg to stand on. The perverts may have been doing some rather creepy shit that they rightly should of suffered some rather stiff consequences, but the utter toxicity of the jocks isn't any better. Both sides are complicit in many crimes that are just passed off as pranks or just kids being kids.

But as I said, it was a different time and a very different culture. One were many groups of all levels of status found the tables flipped and the rules of what acceptable changed. This doesn't excuse either sides actions, only states that trying to make sense of such a movie today has little value. Both sides were trash, full stop.

Dex-chan lover
The point is neither side has a leg to stand on. The perverts may have been doing some rather creepy shit that they rightly should of suffered some rather stiff consequences, but the utter toxicity of the jocks isn't any better. Both sides are complicit in many crimes that are just passed off as pranks or just kids being kids.

But as I said, it was a different time and a very different culture. One were many groups of all levels of status found the tables flipped and the rules of what acceptable changed. This doesn't excuse either sides actions, only states that trying to make sense of such a movie today has little value. Both sides were trash, full stop.
Hold up, did we watch the same movie? There's no way you can compare what the jocks did to sex crimes and rape. That is a huge false equivalence. No way that this was a "both sides" thing.

Dex-chan lover
Hold up, did we watch the same movie? There's no way you can compare what the jocks did to sex crimes and rape. That is a huge false equivalence. No way that this was a "both sides" thing.
Same objectives, just by different means. Even if it wasnt overtly shown, the jocks used coercion and alcohol to get what they wanted. Not quite too dissimilar to how Bill Cosby cornered his victims.

Dex-chan lover
Same objectives, just by different means. Even if it wasnt overtly shown, the jocks used coercion and alcohol to get what they wanted. Not quite too dissimilar to how Bill Cosby cornered his victims.
When was this implied in the movie?

Dex-chan lover

Except i grew up in the 80's, people thought it was wrong then, (yes i'm a old man of 40, even with a anime avatar), generally speaking we thought movies were just movies and get over it back then, but that doesn't change the fact that even at the time, we thought it was weird to put what is classified as a form of rape in what's essentially a teenage sex comedy.

Fun fact, the writers of the movie themselves regrets putting that scene in the movie, the rest of the movie is forgivable for alot of people even now (myself included), but that "one scene" ruined alot of people's opinion of the movie, still doesn't change the fact that the nerds are essentially sex offenders though (fyi my post was mainly about it being something you DID not want to stew on, like the korean folk tale "the angel and the woodsman").

Fyi i still like the movie, but i always skip over that part if i watch it (which to be fair, it's been years, and i'm more a fan of the later movies) because it's hard to think of that movie the same after that scene.
I guess it's a matter of if you can turn your brain off or not when watching it for some people, saying this as someone who considers movies made in the last 15 years, especially comedies, in general to be garbage (except john wick and hard core henry i guess).

Dex-chan lover
Except i grew up in the 80's, people thought it was wrong then, (yes i'm a old man of 40, even with a anime avatar), generally speaking we thought movies were just movies and get over it back then, but that doesn't change the fact that even at the time, we thought it was weird to put what is classified as a form of rape in what's essentially a teenage sex comedy.

Fun fact, the writers of the movie themselves regrets putting that scene in the movie, the rest of the movie is forgivable for alot of people even now (myself included), but that "one scene" ruined alot of people's opinion of the movie, still doesn't change the fact that the nerds are essentially sex offenders though (fyi my post was mainly about it being something you DID not want to stew on, like the korean folk tale "the angel and the woodsman").

Fyi i still like the movie, but i always skip over that part if i watch it (which to be fair, it's been years, and i'm more a fan of the later movies) because it's hard to think of that movie the same after that scene.
I guess it's a matter of if you can turn your brain off or not when watching it for some people, saying this as someone who considers movies made in the last 15 years, especially comedies, in general to be garbage (except john wick and hard core henry i guess).
As a child of the 70s you're not alone. And as I keep saying, both sides were in the wrong. Just because one side was worse then the other does not absolve the less immoral group. Both sides were horrible, just in different ways.

Dex-chan lover
When was this implied in the movie?
Can't give you a scene by scene breakdown, as I haven't watch the film in more then twenty years. I just remember both sides were assholes and did a lot of shady shit to sleep with women.

Dex-chan lover
sulk-mad.gif

- sad Uzaki bounce
That is literally the only well animated shot of the entire show

Users who are viewing this thread