VERSUS - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1 - Giants vs. New Humanity (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Little conspiracy theory but:
-New humanity recognizes human by their smell
-The girl covered in bandages from their world before their mission gave them a hug which came out really out of place
Maybe she intentionally rubbed them the smell that the New Humanity could recognize
Well, not necessarily literally their smell. It could be a figure of speech.

But yeah, with that whole spiel about how the Neo Humans love to let humans think their plans are working until they crush it, Haji (think that was her name) has got to be one of them.

Dex-chan lover
If it was the demons and not the giants, they might be able to destroy new humanity
Nah, I think the demons are going to have the hardest time out of all the enemies. They seem pretty disjointed, with all the demon kings separated from each other and their boss apathetic to the situation. Neo Humanity moves like a line of insects, completely synchronized. Combined with their intelligence and superhuman abilities, it's probably better to manipulate the meathead enemies and have them bring chaos to their daily lives.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I think the demons are going to have the hardest time out of all the enemies. They seem pretty disjointed, with all the demon kings separated from each other and their boss apathetic to the situation. Neo Humanity moves like a line of insects, completely synchronized. Combined with their intelligence and superhuman abilities, it's probably better to manipulate the meathead enemies and have them bring chaos to their daily lives.
I feel like Demons have more versatility though compared to the other races. Like yes, you have machines which can continously adapt, but because Demons have such a variety of monsters and magic, they stand more of a chance than most of the other races... excluding kaiju world... Godzilla

Dex-chan lover
Wow, look at that body count. Also Imagine if this guy was just using this move as cover to run away, he most likely isn't due to the current circumstances. Also regarding Haiji being a traitor, neo-humanity seems to prideful to disguise themselves as humans despite their trickster nature

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I feel like Demons have more versatility though compared to the other races. Like yes, you have machines which can continously adapt, but because Demons have such a variety of monsters and magic, they stand more of a chance than most of the other races... excluding kaiju world... Godzilla
That’s true, but the demons have a, shall we say, stricter “hierarchy”. It took a small horde of demons to take down one of the smaller giants we’ve seen, after all. The demons seem like a race that concentrate more power on their elites.

Not that other races like the giants don’t have their own “elites” (ie; just bigger giants), but the difference between individual giants feels more like a sliding scale, compared to the demons where they feel like they’re separated by “steps”, with clear boundaries between the “levels”.

So the variety doesn’t really matter since, below a certain power level, they’d just fizzle out ineffectually against a group like the giants, who we see actually roaming around in groups with the larger-sized giants, with the smaller individuals (so far) roaming around alone (possibly because they’re too weak to get on well with the other giants?).

I really was upset for a moment, because the mage girl screamed after the kid from new humanity. Such mistake could cost them their life, because she is revealing that she is none of them. However my feelings were unwarranted, because New Humanity knew all along that those two were "old humans". Makes sense considering their very characteristic clothing style and uniform faces, but I didn't expect them to deduce it from smell. As a new "humanity" I expected them to be superior to all human specs already, but this chapter finally gave us "a bit" of closure in what terms they are superior. Can't say anything about their tech level, but their physical stats and mental fortitude is impressive as well their coordination. Still not sure if I put my money more on new humanity or the giants, but giants just seem physically "strong" even with their anger boost. I wonder how things will turn out.

Also RIP human squad and hero. His attack looks flashy but is probably nothing worth considering how strong all "apex predators" are.

Users who are viewing this thread