Versus - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.2 - Giants vs. New Humanity (Part 2)

Power Uploader
I am very curious to see how are the humans of Lawless world are going to be a threat to other world's enemies when they are supposed to be regular humans. Maybe they are mutated by radiation or something like that?

I'm curious about that, too. To be fair, some of the natural enemies like the addictive game and the bandit gangs seem to have been introduced just for laughs, though as someone above remarked, the game might be effective against New Humanity.

Then again, there's an odd number of natural enemies, so if this is going to play out in the form of enemy versus enemy, there'll be one left out. Maybe the lawless humans will be defeated easily in the end after all the serious enemies are gone, for comic relief.

Another interesting thing about this chapter is that it subtly reintroduced the idea that humans of one world aren't necessarily powerless against natural enemies of another. I wonder what Masayoshi and people from the Misfortune World will help out with, so far the humans from the Demon Forces and Machine Rule worlds are kinda carrying this.

Double-page supporter
They seriously lack of good defense, not even scout. Welp considering their situation of lacking manpower that's pretty normal, but space earth people can fly right, they can at least fly up to see the situation around
Not much that would do for them right now. They only just figured a strategy that has a miniscule chance of saving them from an attack that worked for Giants. Before that, knowing that the army is coming would just mean they know when they are gong to die (they can try to escape, but there is no safe place left).

Fed-Kun's army
I liked this chapter.

It seems that Humanity's true trumpcard right now are Heroes as Alio was cutting through several giants on his own, sadly the only one left is Hallow who is severely weakened and likely can't empower himself like Alio did yet.

Fed-Kun's army
I have to imagine the Neo-Humanity enemies are going to march on the stronghold at the same time. They could probably tell where Alio came from and will follow the scent back only to match up against the demons.
That seems plausible, but I think its more likely that they're gonna be caught up trying to experiment with the parasite before they move on humanity.

Power Uploader
I liked this chapter.

It seems that Humanity's true trumpcard right now are Heroes as Alio was cutting through several giants on his own, sadly the only one left is Hallow who is severely weakened and likely can't empower himself like Alio did yet.

I think the general idea is that humans aren't powerless, but humans from the right world need to be pitched against the right natural enemy. Like the Machine Rule World's humans can inflict damage on demons. Zaybi's stated in a previous chapter that entities without magic are especially vulnerable to it, so that might explain why Alio managed to damage giants and neo-humans so effectively.

There might be a psychological component to it as well. It appears that heroes can only activate their full-fledged attacks when they achieve a state of absolute determination and a surge in courage. We saw in chapter 2 that Hallow's attack against Kiva petered out all of a sudden and Kiva explained it as Hallow's inability to overcome his innate fear of demons. So perhaps that makes heroes unsuited against demons because fear of demons is imprinted onto them from a young age and that's difficult to overcome, as we've seen in the cases of Hallow against Jachi and Alio against Nyudo. But they may be able to face off against enemies they're not subconsciously afraid of due to a lack of familiarity.

Fed-Kun's army
I see everyone hyping up the demon army, but honestly I'm not that worried about the demon army. Besides the one demon captain, it's all mobs, and we saw how easily the robot world humans messed them up. It would be a nice change of pace for humanity to get a big W next chapter. Although that demon captain is probably gonna take out a lot of important characters before he dies or runs away.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the general idea is that humans aren't powerless, but humans from the right world need to be pitched against the right natural enemy. Like the Machine Rule World's humans can inflict damage on demons. Zaybi's stated in a previous chapter that entities without magic are especially vulnerable to it, so that might explain why Alio managed to damage giants and neo-humans so effectively.

There might be a psychological component to it as well. It appears that heroes can only activate their full-fledged attacks when they achieve a state of absolute determination and a surge in courage. We saw in chapter 2 that Hallow's attack against Kiva petered out all of a sudden and Kiva explained it as Hallow's inability to overcome his innate fear of demons. So perhaps that makes heroes unsuited against demons because fear of demons is imprinted onto them from a young age and that's difficult to overcome, as we've seen in the cases of Hallow against Jachi and Alio against Nyudo. But they may be able to face off against enemies they're not subconsciously afraid of due to a lack of familiarity.
That's the thing I like about this chapter. Is that it's bringing the power balance back to a more sensical level. Alio is a hero. He should absolutely be able to destroy most enemies pretty easily like he just did. Only reason that Hallow has been so useless is because of his injuries after fighting one of the Demon Kings. I also think the hero swords might be Humanities trump cards, because Hollow could have absolutely damaged the Demon king if he hadn't lost confidence mid fight. I also don't think it's been confirmed all the heroes have been killed, so there still might be some more who can come back and hopefully the other worlds might have hero type units they can bring into the battle.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I am very curious to see how are the humans of Lawless world are going to be a threat to other world's enemies when they are supposed to be regular humans. Maybe they are mutated by radiation or something like that?
I don't think they're supposed to be a threat. If you remember from one of the earlier chapters, when all the worlds were debating about who had the strongest enemy, the guy from the lawless world didn't even try to debate that his enemies were strong.

Dex-chan lover
wondering what they noticed about him. Is it potential to be turned into New Humanity, or did something about his mercy to the kids piss them off?
It’s a good day they got two (three) new toys to play with. They got a magic human and a new way to customize their looks(a mutating bio weapon). Both thing that if they figure out how to use/control will bump their danger levels up.

Also I’d like to update my danger list I posted on ch 4 and say that neo humans are high risk. Giants are at the bottom of the high risk or top of the mid risk. Also the giant/parasite combo doesn't seem as potentially scary as I feared.

so long as allo's alive, there's hope, and it really is one thing after another, we barely managed to dodge the giants attack now we have an army and it's demon commander ready to attack base? damn, also doing all of that for a grudge of hallow..

sad how there r no more chaps, i def wanna know what they're going to do now they're faced with battle.

Dex-chan lover
They seriously lack of good defense, not even scout. Welp considering their situation of lacking manpower that's pretty normal, but space earth people can fly right, they can at least fly up to see the situation around
I think what they lack is a proper framework to assign people onto a lookout/defence work, due to lack of manpower, and lack of will to live for some

Aggregator gang
Alio's still alive, but that parasite giant was pretty strong. Good luck against the demons

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, and at least Alio got to make his heroic stand.

Users who are viewing this thread