VERSUS - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.2 - Giants vs. New Humanity (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
You know things are bad when a near total party wipe is considered a success. But gosh those kids were cute, good job Hero Alio 🥲

As for the demons, I'm guessing it's either curse, parasite, or space alien time.

Dex-chan lover
Neo Humanity seems powerful compared to the others but I have a feeling that their weakness are the Demons because 1. Demons aren't as stupid as Giants or Parasites, and 2. Demons enjoy hunting down humanity.

Dex-chan lover
Neo Humanity seems powerful compared to the others but I have a feeling that their weakness are the Demons because 1. Demons aren't as stupid as Giants or Parasites, and 2. Demons enjoy hunting down humanity.
And maybe they can't fight against parasite.

Dex-chan lover
Alio, you were cool!

9897f3e6ce45b8f1fafcebd5915652fc.jpg

Dex-chan lover
And maybe they can't fight against parasite.
I dunno about that. The humans from the Parasite World were still able to maintain a society and survive there, even if they were likely on the decline and headed for extinction like every other world.

That they weren’t instantly wiped out means that there are ways to survive against the parasites that even normal humans could do, so I don’t think the other more intelligent races are incapable of doing the same, even surpassing the methods of humanity.

I’d say the god or the curse are the more overt threats against the sapient natural enemies, though maybe the Recreation Hell World would be surprisingly effective against the Neo Humans? Since all they want to do is amuse themselves with their “toys”, they might be rather susceptible to gaming addiction.

Dex-chan lover
So he WAS captured. Now he must join the resistance.

We just caught a glimpse of the future warriors🥲 I liked the tall girl.

Dex-chan lover
Well, he killed the giants that were going to cause a problem, so it's a small victory in the end. To bad it didn't do much to neo humanity. He's still alive as well (for now), but I hope they don't do something like fuse him with a parasite. I wonder how well the parasites will fare against neo humanity.

Dex-chan lover
So everyone is dead except the hero, well i must give it to him he put a good fight, but now that the parasyte infected the new humans he is in a really bad place, the only thing i can think could happen is that on the way of the demons another menace Will meet them maybe aliens? Or someone infected with parasyte or the plague will infect the demons, but for me it would be cool to see "a kaiju" just passing by and getting rid of them by accident

Dex-chan lover
The Neo Humans are treating all their casualties and damaged infrastructure as something pretty insignificant. I suppose they could likely build back everything that got destroyed rather quickly, but I wonder about their population?

Either they still reproduce and mature just as fast as humans, or there’s enough of them around that just losing this much won’t actually affect their capacity to operate much at all.
First guess was hivemind mentality where each person is a disposable drone, but that doesn't really make sense with the self-expression in their unique designs. They give me significant Cyberpunk vibes so I'm wondering if they can simply upload/download consciousness into new bodies like in Altered Carbon. They all have the same basic facial features underneath the clothes, piercings and hairdos.

wondering what they noticed about him. Is it potential to be turned into New Humanity, or did something about his mercy to the kids piss them off?

They're definitely planning on experimenting on him somehow since there'd be no point in keeping him alive otherwise. If they weren't planning on making him "one of them" before, they might use him as a guinea pig for their new Parasite toy.

Dex-chan lover
First guess was hivemind mentality where each person is a disposable drone, but that doesn't really make sense with the self-expression in their unique designs. They give me significant Cyberpunk vibes so I'm wondering if they can simply upload/download consciousness into new bodies like in Altered Carbon. They all have the same basic facial features underneath the clothes, piercings and hairdos.
I was thinking less a hive mind and more just the idea that, since they’re supposed to be an evolved humanity, they’ve all evolved towards “perfection” (at least by their own definition) and ended up converging both physically and mentally into becoming essentially the same kind of being.

They all dress up in different flashy ways, sure, but deep in the bone, they must be all exactly the same because there’s no reason why anyone would deviate away from the “correct” path (assuming Haji isn’t some rogue member who evolved differently, hah).

I’m saying this mostly because it seems like there’s no apparent “leader” among their number. It feels more like whoever is talking is more just expressing ideas any other member of their race would have to one another, like a kind of self-dialogue. Same as with some members either choosing to join in this recent battle or to just relax by the sidelines and watch; no one is being compelled to work for the others, they all just seem to take action according to what they think needs to be done.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno about that. The humans from the Parasite World were still able to maintain a society and survive there, even if they were likely on the decline and headed for extinction like every other world.

That they weren’t instantly wiped out means that there are ways to survive against the parasites that even normal humans could do, so I don’t think the other more intelligent races are incapable of doing the same, even surpassing the methods of humanity.

I’d say the god or the curse are the more overt threats against the sapient natural enemies, though maybe the Recreation Hell World would be surprisingly effective against the Neo Humans? Since all they want to do is amuse themselves with their “toys”, they might be rather susceptible to gaming addiction.
Gaming Hell World is gonna be lit. It's definitely going to involve the AI from Robot World, and honestly I don't know who would dominate the gaming sphere between the two groups. Maybe their war will destroy the Recreation Hell altogether?

Double-page supporter
Notice how Alio stops attacking children of new humanity, and then Hallow talks about protecting the children. Also, it's cute the way all of them wearing different outfits. If those children die in the next chapter, I swear.

Viruses were a lot more conspicuous than I thought they would be, very cool! Also happy alio is alive even though I thought he was gonna escape Sadge.

Dex-chan lover
I see a future full of doom and gloom! Despair upon despair, sadness, depressing tragedy! No hope no future...
Alio's "humanity" had cost him his life!
Discarding that very "humanity" could level the fields! Is it worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread