Villain Initialization - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Unless you have much better quality in uploads, stop wasting your time Tls.

not sure what you have problem with. It's perfectly easy to understand current translation. Are you some sort of elitist who thinks yours is the best or something xD?

Ignore what I said before. Your translation is way better. But it's still easy to understand previous one. Though yours gives character a more 'human' feeling.

@9SRvcJ94a06c5 ok, now i understand why you needed to make this translation, but why go with the name penrose instead of panlos, and not try to hide the fact that ye mu killed his own dad ? since it would have been better to have the viewer know that ye mu's father was murdered, but later learn why someone would kill him, like how the original translation did.
Thanks for this translation.

@Sillver First off, I went with Penrose because 潘洛斯 is how you write Penrose in Chinese, Penrose was a physicist Ling Chen would have known about and potentially admired as a scientist himself, and Ling Chen's supervillain triangle motif is a Penrose triangle. It's pretty easy to conclude that Penrose was the intended name, and to go with "Panlos" would have stripped nuance that existed in the original text from my translation.

To answer your second question, in the raws, Ling Chen very directly addresses Ye Zimu as "you who killed your dad" (那害死你爸的你); it's super direct! If I changed that, I wouldn't be conveying the author's original meaning anymore, and that would be a failure in my basic duty as a translator.

By the way, Ye Mu (叶暮) doesn't appear anywhere in the original text. I don't know why the previous translator was leaving out part of his name, but in the raws for this chapter, our favorite hero/assassination target is always Ye Zimu (叶子暮).

Double-page supporter
Yo, it's finally readable!!! The first chapters where so damn difficult to understand, I'll be rereading the series for sure if you continue translating it. Thanks for the great work.

YOU DID IT YOU MAD LAD!!! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D NOW EVERYONE WILL KNOW HE'S ACTUALLY PENROSE AND BE ABLE TO SEE A GOOD, READABLE TRANSLATION!!! :DDDDDDDD

Woot! I just binged through the awful translation, but super excited to re-read it with a proper translation. Thank you infinitely for translating Penrose's name properly!

Also, a bit of trivia: Penrose is one of the most important proponents of the theory that consciousness is a quantum phenomenon and not just an emergent property of complex systems. All too appropriate given how the villain's consciousness ended up doing something that generally only quantum entities can: time travel.

@9SRvcJ94a06c5 Holy shit, this makes so much more sense now. Thanks a lot for the translation and the explanations in the comments.

excited to read through this series once more. really appreciate the translator notes in the comments

I made an account just to comment on this! Thanks for translating this story!! Before they changed groups the first couple of chapters are poorly translated (1-11 are rough to read through) . Keep up the great work!! people who are complaining and can't appreciate this are actually dumb ignore them.

This is much better, but you could also use a proofreader the same as the current tl team. It's clearly superior to the original, but there's still plenty of issues.

@Stevethebarbarian Unfortunately, I can't materialize a proofreader out of the ether to assist me any more than I can manifest a proper translator haha. 😅 What issues have you noticed? Everything looks fine to me, but I could have missed something.

Thank you so much for retranslating this! This is one of my favourite but at the beginning I almost dropped it. I hope you will find someone and keep on going :)

Aggregator gang
@9SRvcJ94a06c5

Thanks so much for a proper scanlation of this! As it's been 2 months, was wondering if you're planning to continue?

Users who are viewing this thread