Villainess in Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

There are NO birth control pills in this time period -___________-
Their aren’t even cars or type writers ! At least have some consistently in the technology and science
[idk that bothers me so much]

@blazing_boz You do realize this is a fantasy world, right? There is no right or wrong. It all depends on how the author chooses to depict this world because it's not modelled after a specific time period, and it's complete fantasy with magic and other fictitious elements.

@Yeonwoo
No shit, but Historical fiction is still based of History
and basic world building and research in writing portraying the time period writer choose accurately.
and if something IS different writers use 'words' to explain changes in their world. Also it is modeled after a specific time period , your' personal lack of knowledge of European history
and the class,dress,and technology of the time doesn't mean the time period is based of isn't clear.

I.E Game of Thrones isn't RE~AL but its based of history, and the historical parts are still based on the -REAL WORLD-

lol... Game of Thrones had a baby demon spawn that murdered someone from the red witch, so I’m sure this novel can have birth control.

@Corgiattackkk
maybe use some basic reading comprehensions ?
I said the historical parts were actuate not the fantastical ones

Also Game of Thrones has great world building- meaning the explaining of the mechanics of the world.

Dex-chan lover
lol when you only know how to text it must be hard to write and actual letter.

Yunifer is so cute but realistic at the same time. Really liking her characterisation. Looking forward to see her relationship with Ishid.

Thanks for the chapter.

Contributor
1) old paper was expensive as fuck, you'd typically use wax or slate writing tablets.
2) convenient birth control was not an option at all, chastity was vital for marriage agreements.
it's made irrelevant because
3) at her age she would have long been married off and likely on her second or third child by now,
child mortality was no joke even for the rich.

The Weaker Vessel: Woman's Lot in Seventeenth-Century England
by Antonia Fraser
https://b-ok.cc/book/4681499/5b8684

I LOVE her! No, let me rephrase that, I LOVE our self aware MC and our adorably but semi shady puppy hero! I saw the recent update, went to read the series, fell in love with it, and tried to look for some spoilers. Managed to find some though the one who posted it isn't confident with its accuracy since it was a MTL. There IS a novel but the translator had some legal issues and their website had to be taken down apparently.

To those interested, the spoilers I've seen were

ML's past
Because he is a fire mage with a terrfying amount of mana, he has a sad family history. His father hates him for being the cause of his mother's death (didn't fully understand the spoiler), but from my interpretation, it was an accident and more of like his powers going berserk. Remember, he is one of the 5 living fire mages left (this was mentioned in the prologue) and now we have this ominous consequence of having such powers in their world mentioned this chapter.

ML's character
He was always interested with MC and NOT the heroine. The one who gave out the spoiler read as far as chapter 20-21. 20 is like the prologue/before the game events I guess? As we've seen with chapter 3, in his eyes, she's practically sparkling. So, the difference from the original plot or at least, the one where I assume wasn't on the heroine's POV was ML's character. He was obsessed with MC to the point of a little bit of stalking. He actually doesn't like the heroine (makes you wonder how they fell in love with each other in the original plot) because the heroine spends most of her time with MC (being besties). While he does like MC, he holds himself back because of his history (his father being mad at him because of his mother's death made him label his son as a monster who doesn't deserve to be loved) so he avoided her but was looking at her from afar. He was actually overjoyed when MC came to him and plus points! From the spoilers, from what I can understand, although a bit confusing, it seems they didn't actually do it? But wasn't her waist in pain? He wants to cherish her first time, let her be sober and willing.

Heroine's character
is not a reincarnator from what the spoiler gave out. *phew* She WAS in a toxic relationship with the red haired prince (the one who executes MC). I forgot if the guy was abusive, but there was a mention of him most likely being a playboy? Heroine actually also finds comfort in the presence of MC and there have been hints she's a mini yandere for MC's affection (seriously, how could the original two leads fell for each other?)

Edit:
Some minor spoilers on the sm*t genre
The genre is a lie! It was hilarious reading the spoilers. For the 20 chapters, it seems our ship will be cockblocked the entire time (minus the early chapter 1) and a few memories of their night together. The one who gave out the spoiler was exasperated! The culprit cockblockers? Heroine and red haired prince. Although we might have sm*t later, the only sexy thing we'll get to see is the close up of ML's hot bod

Y'all people in the comment section complaining about the story not being as historically accurate as it should be, please be reminded that this is a fantasy world, they even have magic lols. It's quite common for stories like this to have a slight twist in world building. It's the author's choice anyways. Trust me, I read a lot of korean/japanese web novels with the same setting as this. Some even has more questionable things(?). Dont be so pressed lols

thank you! I've been waiting for this :) Can someone pm me the link of the novel? I actually wanted to read that ever since I saw the promotional manhwa for this one.

Dex-chan lover
@Hypothon

From your spoilers it seems
the so called 'heroine' and the ML weren't in lovers relationship. It must have been the Mc's own delusion that she didn't bother clearing up. The two must have just thing out together a lot to fangirl/fanboy over the MC lol

@rn_flac
It’s a critique not a complaint

Complaining implies that I said the story was horrible because of it, I did not do that.

Just because other stories have lazy world building doesn’t mean said laziness is an equaling to good world building. The normalization of mediocre writing from continuously reading doesn’t turn in into potent writing. This story isn’t even High fantasy- actual stories where the writer explains the mechanics of the world and introduces new concepts, is low fantasy. Its normal Europe around the 17th-18th century with magic . There is some modern culture shorthand to to easily explain certain concepts but mostly Europe +magic , not a fantasy world.

xD looks promising. I like that it skipped straight past the boring generic intro all these have.

The fact that there are people questioning the historical accuracy of a made up fantasy-world. What a trip! 🙃

Anyway, really enjoying the story so far, and I'm curious to see how things progress! Thanks for the hard work of the scan group!

YESSS FINALLY THE MANHWA IS OUT! BLESSSSS

i've been reading the novel version and good lord.. Im so glad The art conveys their characters so freaking GREAT! AAAAA 💞💞💞

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz
Maybe it was a mistake in the translation because they forgot to add "Magical item" before saying "birth control pills"... If you don't understand why something exists, just blame it on magic. It's not like there were any inconsistencies in the story yet

Users who are viewing this thread