Vinland Saga - Vol. 24 Ch. 169 - Sailing West Part 3

*Thorkell pays Child Support*
Somehow both more caring and violent than many absent fathers, and his is the kind of job that would excuse having to be away for so long. Man why didn't he just adopt Garm as his so he can have a son he can fight with and against as he raises him, to him that would sound like heaven though Garm's kinda suicidal streak might make that difficult.

I- Uh... I genuinely lost. I have such a high expectation but this is just getting out of hand. The seriousness is absolute zero, i feel like the mangaka is just dragging the plot with comedy, classic, cartoony, character interaction at this point. And what's the point for adding new character again!? A very out of place and unrealistic character on top of that. Is this manga actually used to be one of those representative webcomics? I have guts that the Gurdrid arc was meant to show gender equality and i try to convince that it was just a mere metaphor of a Tern. But at this point i wont be surprised if it isn't. Such a modern day political shit we got on our beloved so called "historically accurate" manga. This is ridiculous. I don't expect anything good coming up soon, but i'm just gonna read it till the end and hope thing got any better. I'm greatly disappointed for this chapter.

Edit : Don't get me wrong, i like anything with Thorkell in it. That's it

Thorfinn & Cia. just said TRANS RIGHTSSSSSSSS. tbh i liked this gender identity issue, (i will pretend) dont know why y'all mad, it's just a new character that has her reasons to go to Vinland

okay. i thought it was some gag but what the fuck. this is shit. it's not even fucking funny. this manga is nosediving so hard when it crashes into one of the twin towers i feel it's gonna set all of the manga on fire, to hell with it. c'mon man... i didn't expect this big of a quality drop; the tone's so inconsistent now i feel like it's not even taking itself seriously. i'm still gonna keep reading but, man, it's definitely not as good as it were. sad how my opinion of this changed so fucking rapidly (this was seriously a big turning point like wtf?) this was building up to be one of my favorites

Dex-chan lover
Do people really read manga with their eyes closed??? How are you more than a hundred chapters into a story about a man learning to be accepting of others... While being a bigot?? This story was never for bigots. Be better. There's no one you need to hurt.

Double-page supporter
Poor child I get the mother was trying to protect him but unfortunately they gave them identity disorder (I think thats what it’s called) they should of raised him with they lie but also telling them the truth
reminds of the child who was forced to think they where the opposite gender growing up and it mentally messed them up (nature vs nature I think)

First time reading this. I have to say the last 20-ish chapters really took a weird turn, now a trans character at that.
Wow, just wow. A wartime/strategy/psychological manga turned into some cheap comedy, woke bullshit, what the hell?

Users who are viewing this thread