Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 177 - Sailing West Part 11

Double-page supporter
33 pounds of gold holy shit

I agree with other posters about the tonal mellowing this has taken being offputting, in particular the no so humorous humor

I’m looking forward to the next chapter!! Thank you sooo much for translating

Dex-chan lover
well, we kind of knew what was gonna happen to him soon enough

Dex-chan lover
As expected, the girl just was bad news. I still hoped it would end well for bug-eyes though.

@beperov It doesn't work this way. Plague doesn't appear just like that. Overall rats themselves are not the bearers but little insects which hid in their fur. And those insects came from Asia to Europe in 14-15th century. So those rats are not contimated.

Really glad Bug-Eyes is back, a lot of people last chapter were thinking we had seen the last of him and I was kind of bummed out about it

Double-page supporter
@Witson bold of you to assume plague is the only disease rats can bring. Smallpox, measles, influenza, and much, much more. Plague was later down the road but it's not a stretch to imagine european rats had been bringing nasty shit to the America's since the time of vikings.

Ugh I really wish Yukimura would just make MIklagard chapters. I know that he skipped over them because the manga would take forever if he did that, but I hope he goes back after the series is done and draws some MIklagard chapters for us.

Aggregator gang
It wouldn't be Vinland Saga without good ol Bug Eyes.

Finally off to Vinland.

@witson

It's actually a bit of a centestion if rats (or the fleas on them) were actually the disease vectors responsible for the spread of the plague.

It's still a popular theory, but not without its critics

Dex-chan lover
Well that woman made bank how much would it be in today's currency?

Users who are viewing this thread