Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 178 - Sailing West Part 12

So, they skipped all his merchant adventures, and now the trip is done in one chapter? Holy fuck, talk about speeding up.
This is really disappointing.

I wish this was weekly! The author would probably lose his mind trying to adapt to that schedule though LOL

@L_Agache
Disagree, I'm really really glad we don't get 2 volumes of ship sailing. I dont care about that, I want to see what Thorfinn's crew will do in Vinland

Double-page supporter
North america?
Wait, was it supposed to be Finland in europe, right?

Dex-chan lover
@nzrock

Yes, maybe.

I was talking about the historical figures though, and all of them were raised Christian... although Sven Forkbeard was pagan in his youth and Thorkill was a convert too, but he probably wasn't genuine.

All Vikings were sailors (though not all Danes and Norsemen). That's was part and parcel of going viking. And Medieval Viking sailors knew that the earth wasn't flat. The sphericity of the world wasn't secret academic knowledge then, anymore than today.

@moel This is meant to cover the original Viking settlements that were found in North America that predate any other European exploration like Colombus.

Dex-chan lover
"in the depths of the sea lurk all sorts of unnameable horrifying creatures" well he is not wrong the goblin shark is the stuff of nigh-tamers and it is 3 fucking meters long.

@Northern Well, as much as there is historically accurate stuff in this manga, it's still not a biopic. So there's things being skirted over, liberties taken for story telling sake etc. No need to fret over the details that much IMO.

Dex-chan lover
Kentaro Miura : The boat arc done in one chapter, impossible, quantum mechanics forbid it

As exciting as it is to reach Vinland I was hoping there would be at least some kind of conflict at sea for a few chapters. I guess it's better than a long drawn out boat arc though.

Double-page supporter
@Westborne @glueweeb
You two are awesome, thanks!

After all these years... I thought it was Finland...
ohno-smh.gif

Group Leader
That deepsea page was so good.. it made me kinda scared. The illustrations are just are so well done ╥﹏╥. The art will keep me reading until we get to the exciting parts again.

Users who are viewing this thread